It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Israel? Absurd!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Israel contributes and continues to contribute far too much in the spheres of medicine and science (technology) in particular, for these obnoxious liberals calling for "boycott" Israel to be taken seriously. Such bafoons dont know what theyre talking about;

------------------------------------------

Israel, as is well known, is regularly treated with disdain by many reporters and columnists in the international media. Yet this small state continues to make astonishing contributions to the worlds of art, literature, and particularly to classical music, medicine and science.

This week, yet another Israeli won a Nobel Prize, when Daniel Shechtman of Israel’s Technion institute in Haifa was awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize for chemistry for his discovery of quasicrystals.

Another Israeli, Ada Yonath, won the 2009 Nobel Prize for chemistry. Two Israelis, Avram Hershko and Aaron Ciechanover, won the 2004 Nobel Prize for chemistry (which they shared with Californian-Jewish scientist Irwin Rose). In the past, Israelis have also won nobel prizes for economics, literature and peace.
American and Canadian Jews with relatives in Israel also won yesterday’s Nobel prizes for physics and for physiology or medicine.

Link

Furthermore, Intel (which builds chips for our computers) has been pretty much led by Israeli innovation. The company "better place", founded by Shai Agassi, an Israeli, will be building the infrasructure for the transition to electric cars. Right now Israel is being used as a beta ground. Later on Better place will be building the 'battery stations' in Hawaii, Denmark, and possibly Ontario, Australia, California and elsewhere.

And yet people call for boycott Israel?

Its bad enough that the argument by itself doesnt resonate with the facts of the situation. But the fact that Israel is so productive, contributes so much to the advancement of mankind, and STILL, you people call for boycotting, and dismantling the state? Unlikely. Not only because of the massive foreign capital in Israel (like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett etc) but Israelis continue to prove themselves to be more innovative and productive than their foreign competitors; ESPECIALLY MUSLIMS (we can thank the petrifying influence of Islam for that)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6-10-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Israel contributes and continues to contribute far too much in the spheres of medicine and science (technology) in particular, for these obnoxious liberals calling for "boycott" Israel to be taken seriously. Such bafoons dont know what theyre talking about;

Apparently they also dont know that it is ILLEGAL for Americans to boycott Israel.
Yes, Illegal.

The Bureau is charged with administering and enforcing the Antiboycott Laws under the Export Administration Act.

Office Of Antiboycott Compliance

Edit - actually its not just illegal to boycott, its also law that you MUST REPORT any requests to boycott Israel.

example...

Reportable boycott condition in an importer’s purchase order:
"Goods of Israeli origin not acceptable."

edit on 6-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Saudi's don't let women drive, teach hatred in their school text books, and are a dictatorship. Syrian's kill their own people, and Palestinian's cheer in the street when American's are killed in 9/11. Yet, the left loves to demonize Israel. Bizarre to say the least.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by dontreally

Apparently they also dont know that it is ILLEGAL for Americans to boycott Israel.
Yes, Illegal.

The Bureau is charged with administering and enforcing the Antiboycott Laws under the Export Administration Act.

Edit - actually its not just illegal to boycott, its also law that you MUST REPORT any requests to boycott Israel.

example...

Reportable boycott condition in an importer’s purchase order:
"Goods of Israeli origin not acceptable."

edit on 6-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)
'

Yep. No boycotting for the monkey slave goyim in america.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Using Americans (New Jersey) and Canadians is not helpful when trying to give examples of Israel.
Not than what has been acomplished by anyone you named should be devalued. They are Americans or Canadians.

Another thought I have is ... what could anyone have done with 3 Billion Dollars a year? That would buy alot of tech and educate alot of youngsters whom may or may not be just as intuitive and creative.

I do not promote boycotts.
But I do believe that the money sent to Israel could be better spent here at home.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The sad fact is, too many people do not recognize that most major discoveries in our time have sparked from the minds of the Hebrews. When Genesis 3 states that God was walking in the Garden and man was hiding, this is a direct metaphor to the fact that God is still walking in the Garden. The original intention was that man would learn knowledge from God. Man decided to take the hard way of toil by pride. Man still does not seem to realize that knowledge still comes from God through the Hebrew people. The video below is one of the best outlines of how this has very thing has transpired since 1948 when Israel became a nation. This is one of my all time favorite videos form Hal Lindsey.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No one is boycotting Israel because of Israel's arts or technology. I've never once ever heard anyone claim they were boycotting Israel because they didn't like some type of Israeli art.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Wow, I wonder how much spending can be slashed from the budget by eliminating this pointless bearuacracy. I wonder how much spitting and gnashing of teeth would result from the "CUT SPENDING!" politicians if an attempt were made.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

OMG this is a joke. America has been sold out. I just found out about this obligation with isreal from another thread today.

Emergency sales to Israel

According to the 1975 Second Sinai withdrawal document signed by the United States and Israel, in an emergency the U.S. is obligated to make oil available for sale to Israel for up to 5 years.

Isreal is great guys! Thanks for stealing our nuclear secrets too Isreal.

USS Liberty and Racheal Corrie thanks the woderful honest country of isreal.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I just keep wondering how they got that land? I mean who promised it to them? God? What God? I don't think half the people on the planet even BELIEVE in GOD so how does that even work? Shoots atheism right out of the water...theoretically.
I was watching a program dealing with slavery and in the south some slaves inherited the land they worked. There were disputes among slaves and natural family members over the same land.

So lets speculate hybrids are created to mine gold and so then can we assume other hybrids are created tailor made with a predetermined skill set, to collect the gold (from the miners) and turn it in. Genetically bred (engineered) that way, with those skills.
Were the miners given a piece of the mine? No - they are/were considered lesser. I think we have vestiges of this sort of a system today.... like a revelation it becomes pretty clear, they were promised the land...for gathering up gold from the miners keeping the accounting of it and in that way performing a service for the "g(G)od(s)"

edit on 7-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join