It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS & Big Banks: Connection and End Game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
First off, I must plead with all that are involved in the OWS protests across the country: PLEASE STAY CIVIL, PASSIVE, AND NON-VIOLENT!

With that out of the way, here is an interesting thread presenting an IMF adviser stating that there is an immanent global banking meltdown that will be worse than 2008: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is not news to the insiders - they are very well aware of the financial conditions of their institutions. With that premise, we may expect that they are taking steps to protect their wealth and that of their institutions? What steps would they take?

While it generally appears that the OWS movement is loosely centered around opposition to corporate control of government and the top 1%, is it possible that this movement was sparked prior to a potential collapse to essentially take the wind out of the sails of potential activists? After weeks of protesting, how much momentum can be garnered for opposition to a new series of bailouts?

Do they want a meltdown and more bailouts? How would we respond to more bailouts?

The bailouts from 2008 cost US taxpayers how many trillions?

IF the OWS movement was a calculated maneuver, would they be gambling on the protesters becoming violent and casting the entire movement into a negative light, thereby seeking to make it easier for the politicians to "come to their aid?" Would they be gambling on a run on the banks, thereby creating and cementing their need for additional bailouts "in the interest of the people?"

I open this thread for the purposes of creating our own ATS think tank on the issue.

How would the banking industry seek to protect themselves?

Is there a connection between an immanent meltdown and the OWS movement?

What are the potential ramifications of the OWS movement?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup

IF the OWS movement was a calculated maneuver, would they be gambling on the protesters becoming violent

The movement was specifically designed to become violent. That thought was strengthened when I saw that Bill Ayers has taken over as spokesman, coordinator, and funds master.

Occupy Wall Street! Collective statement of the protesters…

Its hard not to believe it was planned specifically to create violence if you look at his previous designed protests. Yup, that Bill Ayers.

edit on 10/6/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The connection is they're using the people to demand the end of capitalism and democracy.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lets start with some quotes from one of our founding fathers.

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. Thomas Jefferson

With OWS,this is happening now.They are actually having classes on economics and such.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

They are more dangerous ,you see it now.

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country. Thomas Jefferson

I had wished they had done it then.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

We have way too much government now,that is why it is so bad.

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

IF the OWS movement was a calculated maneuver, would they be gambling on the protesters becoming violent

The movement was specifically designed to become violent. That thought was strengthened when I saw that Bill Ayers has taken over as spokesman, coordinator, and funds master.

Occupy Wall Street! Collective statement of the protesters…

Its hard not to believe it was planned specifically to create violence if you look at his previous designed protests. Yup, that Bill Ayers.

I am speechless, utterly speechless.

From your link:

All told, Ayers and the Weather Underground were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. "I don't regret setting bombs," said Ayers in 2001, "I feel we didn't do enough." Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote: “I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”

and

“Terrorists destroy randomly,” he wrote, “while our actions bore ... the precise stamp of a cut diamond. Terrorists intimidate, while we aimed only to educate.”

Ayers said that in 2001.

and:

In 1995, Ayers and Dohrn hosted meetings at their Chicago home to introduce Barack Obama to their neighbors and political allies, as Obama prepared to make his first run for the Illinois state senate. Also present at the meetings were Alice Palmer and Quentin Young.

There is strong evidence suggesting that Ayers wrote Dreams from My Father, Barack Obama's 1995 memoir.

In 1999 Ayers joined the Woods Fund of Chicago, where he served as a board member alongside Barack Obama until December 2002, at which time Obama left. Ayers went on to become Woods' board chairman.

Unbelievable. I will be doing some digging to confirm the information presented on that website -- thanks for the information Makeitso.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Makeitso, I have been able to find Ayer's release of the "Collective Statement" of the NY OWS, but can you confirm that he is -- in fact -- the leader of this movement now?

Thanks,
Yuk

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
The connection is they're using the people to demand the end of capitalism and democracy.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."

Oddly, it would seem that the people demanding the end of democracy would be the ultimate form of democracy... But I don't know that I agree that the majority wants an end of democracy - I understand that the issues lie more with the control that corporations have over the political process and the extreme results of our particular brand of capitalism (the 1%).

Here's a thought:

Webster's defines lobbying as:

to conduct activities aimed at influencing public officials and especially members of a legislative body on legislation

Now compare to the definition (from Webster's) of a bribe:

money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust

Not a ton of differences screaming at us there, huh.

I don't believe democracy is the issue, rather, particular facets of our system of "democracy."

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I tried to give you multiple stars, kdog.

Great -- and very appropriate quotes.

I can hear the bureaucrats now: "But you can't fire us, our government is TOO BIG TO FAIL."

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

I tried to give you multiple stars, kdog.

Great -- and very appropriate quotes.

I can hear the bureaucrats now: "But you can't fire us, our government is TOO BIG TO FAIL."

If TJ was here today,there would have been a coup d 'etat long ago.

en.wikipedia.org...'%C3%A9tat
edit on 6-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here are a couple of threads to dig into and carry on the conversation.

First: Is it the "elites" that are organizing these "occupy" protests to bring in martial law?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears that one of the domain name holders is the wife of a UN Representative, and the domain name for the October 15 movement was secured back in July.

Next is this thread regarding who holds other OWS domain names - and don't stop when you see a glp source, the thread continues and re-sources the material! "Here is who's behind occupy wall street"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join