It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious suicide that has rocked the Vatican

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ran a search but didn't see this posted...its a few days old and I'm surprised nobody has posted it yet.

The Vatican is always of interest on ATS, for their secrecy and for other reasons. Here we have a tale of possible greed, corruption, and money issues in the world's oldest institution. Many will say "what else is new" and they have a point, but Vatican watchers and others might find the story worth checking out.

On a Monday morning in July, a gunshot rang out in the administration section of Milan's San Raffaele hospital. Seconds later, a frightened secretary entered the office of the institution's vice-president, Mario Cal, and found him lying in a pool of blood...

...Three hundred miles north of the capital, in Italy's second city, the battle is on to prevent a third body blow to the Vatican. This time cardinals are having to deal not with a moral abyss but a financial chasm – a shortfall of €1.5bn on the balance sheet of Milan's San Raffaele teaching hospital...The San Raffaele is highly regarded for the quality of its medical care and its research. But as Mr Cal's death made clear, it is in a crisis.

Thanks to bad investments and profligate expenses unrelated to medical care that would make a tycoon blush – including personal aircraft, hotels in Sardinia, and mango plantations in South America – the hospital is on the verge of collapse, something that was said to have been distressing Mr Cal greatly, and would have proved a huge embarrassment to the Vatican. Underlining the gravity of the situation, Milan's chief prosecutor, Edmondo Bruti Liberati, announced on Friday that the organisation was under investigation for fraudulent bankruptcy...

...Meanwhile, questions are being asked about the suicide and the nature of the institution in which it took place. How was the hospital able to build up such colossal debts? Who placed Mr Cal's gun in a bag away from the body before the police arrived? And why did a hospital administrator in one of Western Europe's safest major cities feel the need to keep a pistol in his desk?

More at source:
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Interesting find, OP. In Canada the religious hospitals did not make a profit, so they were taken over and rescued by the provinces. They quickly fell from grace in terms of researchers and top doctors. As for corruption in Italy, I'm still reeling from a documentary I saw on the very serious Naples problems.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

OT - but it is early here, and reand sleepily reading your post i mistakenly read "nipple problem". Did a double take!

as for the topic here, i get a bit queasy whenever the vatican is mentioned....with ratzinger being the second last pope i keep thinking when the shtf we will here about it first from there. no facts, just a hunch.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sure wonder what kind of beans this guy was about to spill...

CIA ... etc, this is no different than scientists "committing suicide", when will people realize its all the same maze of secrets when these things happen.

Thanks for posting, will take a look at this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
To tell you the truth after reading the article, this has the scent of murder all over it.

Meanwhile, questions are being asked about the suicide and the nature of the institution in which it took place. How was the hospital able to build up such colossal debts? Who placed Mr Cal's gun in a bag away from the body before the police arrived? And why did a hospital administrator in one of Western Europe's safest major cities feel the need to keep a pistol in his desk

Come on... things being moved around before the police got there...

If anything they should be asking, What did Mario Cal know about the missing money that didn't want to be found out... If anything, what names did he know or would have pointed out if he were to come up on bankruptcy fraud charges?

And THIS IS THE KICKER

Cardinal Bertone has said that he would like to create a larger centre of excellence, by merging the San Raffaele with other hospitals.
Which begs the question: why is the Catholic Church so keen to be a major investor in the healthcare of Italy – a rich nation, with one of the highest life expectancies in the world – when poor countries lack a basic health infrastructure?

This is something that the Unions did here in the US, there can be no independent business if a union is to be created.

Looks like the Vatican was just tying up some lose ends or maybe someone wanting to make The Vatican look worse...

edit on 10/7/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least. I don't really have a comment, other than on the Vatican in general. I have always believed that the Vatican holds more power than most people realize. It always gets me how these religious leaders are supposed to be the most pious people in the religion, yet they seem to value "things" quite a bit. Especially money. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Going back to the time of Christ, even then certain religious groups were realizing that centralized religious leaders and groups were corrupt.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Interesting to say the least. I don't really have a comment, other than on the Vatican in general. I have always believed that the Vatican holds more power than most people realize. It always gets me how these religious leaders are supposed to be the most pious people in the religion, yet they seem to value "things" quite a bit. Especially money. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Going back to the time of Christ, even then certain religious groups were realizing that centralized religious leaders and groups were corrupt.

Yes.
Just as The NATION of Babylon conquered in the Old Testament by taking them captive in a very physical way. In Revelation it is "spiritual Babylon" that is taking God's children captive.

And they still won't "come out of all things Babylon".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The Vatican is and always has been corrupt and rotten to it's core imo.

The hospital is obviously just one of many laundering schemes used for passing dirty money through it's books to 'wash' it.

It's little wonder the RC church keeps a huge secret archive, if it were revealed and made public, i'd bet the world would be astonished at how long and how deep the rot went.

Never mind auditing the FED, or occupying Wall street, the couple of billion Christians around the world should insist on an audit of the Vatican and occupying that instead.

Why are there starving people in the world when a so called church is so filthy rich?

Why does a group of pop singers have to 'feed the world', or Oxfam, save the children, the red cross have to work their arses off to raise a few paltry million to build infrastructure and deliver food in third world countries?

Because the church isn't a front for 'the mob', it is the original and largest mob in existence. They have relied on intimidation and fear to drive up their power and bank accounts, and the murder of opponents throughout their history, just like Mafia.

They even have an ex NAZI youth member as their godfather.

If you want to give to charity and help your fellow human beings, don't give your money to any church, RC or otherwise, give it directly to the recipients or hire a truck and fill it with equipment food and supplies and drive a convoy yourselves...if you give it to a church, most of it will go to them and not to the starving and dying.

It's a racket ladies and gentlemen, it always has been and as long as their are gullible people, it always will be.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
While were at the topic, when it comes to the Vatican alot can be said.

Whether you give William Cooper any credit for his contributions to the people, chew on this one for a while.

John Paul II 1978- 2005 "In the early 1940`s, the I.G. Farben Chemical Company employed a Polish salesman who sold cyanide to the Nazis for use in Auschwitz. The same salesman also worked as a chemist in the manufacture of the poison gas. This same cyanide gas along with Zyklon B and malathion was used to exterminate millions of Jews and other groups. Their bodies were then burned to ashes in the ovens. After the war the salesman, fearing for his life, joined the Catholic Church and was ordained a priest in 1946. One of his closest friends was Dr. Wolf Szmuness, the mastermind behind the Nov./78 to Oct./79 and March/80 to Oct./81 experimental hepatitis B vaccine trials conducted by the Center for Disease Control in New York, San Francisco and four other American cities that loosed the plague of AIDS upon the American people. The salesman was ordained Poland`s youngest bishop in 1958. After a 30-day reign his predecessor was assassinated and our ex-cyanide gas salesman assumed the papacy as POPE JOHN PAUL II." -William Cooper, BEHOLD A PALE HORSE, (Light Technology Publishing, 1991), pp.89-90.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Ran a search but didn't see this posted...its a few days old and I'm surprised nobody has posted it yet.

The Vatican is always of interest on ATS, for their secrecy and for other reasons. Here we have a tale of possible greed, corruption, and money issues in the world's oldest institution. Many will say "what else is new" and they have a point, but Vatican watchers and others might find the story worth checking out.

On a Monday morning in July, a gunshot rang out in the administration section of Milan's San Raffaele hospital. Seconds later, a frightened secretary entered the office of the institution's vice-president, Mario Cal, and found him lying in a pool of blood...

...Three hundred miles north of the capital, in Italy's second city, the battle is on to prevent a third body blow to the Vatican. This time cardinals are having to deal not with a moral abyss but a financial chasm – a shortfall of €1.5bn on the balance sheet of Milan's San Raffaele teaching hospital...The San Raffaele is highly regarded for the quality of its medical care and its research. But as Mr Cal's death made clear, it is in a crisis.

Thanks to bad investments and profligate expenses unrelated to medical care that would make a tycoon blush – including personal aircraft, hotels in Sardinia, and mango plantations in South America – the hospital is on the verge of collapse, something that was said to have been distressing Mr Cal greatly, and would have proved a huge embarrassment to the Vatican. Underlining the gravity of the situation, Milan's chief prosecutor, Edmondo Bruti Liberati, announced on Friday that the organisation was under investigation for fraudulent bankruptcy...

...Meanwhile, questions are being asked about the suicide and the nature of the institution in which it took place. How was the hospital able to build up such colossal debts? Who placed Mr Cal's gun in a bag away from the body before the police arrived? And why did a hospital administrator in one of Western Europe's safest major cities feel the need to keep a pistol in his desk?

More at source:
www.independent.co.uk...

interesing to say the least.. the catholic church IS anti-christ.. the false religion..with thousands of child molestations...pope paul sitting on a chair in jerusalem in 2008 that has an inverted cross directley behind him. colors of red and purple.. and they even have a telescope on mt Grahan they named lucifer.. in the last days it is written that many.... mysteries will be revealed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Oh I love these little scandles - Holliwood couldn't write them any better than this lol. This seroiusly just shows up the vatican for the corrupt money spining house of corruption that it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This isn't interesting to me. What is interesting to me is your comment that vatican is interested in ats, proof?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
He probably killed himself because someone found out he was fondling little boys in the break room. The vatican and it's secrets, lies and coverups. Just one more coverup coming.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Doesn't suicide = eternal damnation in the Catholic Faith? No chance for redemption?

What could be so bad that a person would want to send themselves straight to hell for eternity?

Poor Soul. Even if he was a bad guy, this is sad event for him and his family.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think you misread. What was said in so many words is that the Vatican is a subject of interest to the members of ATS, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Doesn't suicide = eternal damnation in the Catholic Faith? No chance for redemption?

What could be so bad that a person would want to send themselves straight to hell for eternity?

Poor Soul. Even if he was a bad guy, this is sad event for him and his family.

That is exactly the first thing that came to mind when I read this. Some one else said it stinks of murder and I have to agree. If this man was deeply affiliated with the Catholic faith and truly believed in its laws, there is no way he would choose eternal damnation over facing the music. I'm just having trouble swallowing the suicide story. What is even more compelling is if this is NOT a suicide, then there is a cover up being perpetrated. This begs the question: just who is covering this up and why? Usually, something like this only leads to proof of corruption. It's almost like someone was covering their tracks.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Modus Operandi?

Yes!

Oh and of course there is this:

And this:

Oh and yes this:

Of course we do not want to forget this do we?:

and how about the following?:

Surely not by men in priests gowns?

Im sure all of the above is chinese lanterns and swamp gas.

However we must have faith in letting these people total freedom, a story told about a man 400 years after he died and re written according to the "politically correct" views of the time stateswe must believe in the church of the rock.

Strange that no "you are my rock" in the REAL gospels.

Even to be found within said by JC [quote] do not build churches to look for me, do not create statues... but hey lets not believe the written words of an actual disciple, and listen to those written 400 years later by the ruling Jewish pagan and roman authorities at the time so that it "fitted in" because we should have faith in these messengers of Gog and JC and just trust that god works in mysterious ways.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 10-10-2011 by MischeviousElf because: video link

top topics

join