It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Show's segment on Occupy Wallstreet 10/05/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Daily Show spent a hilarious 8-ish minutes on the topic of Occupy Wallstreet. They, as usual, did a fine job of making fun of the MSM & how it covers this protest. I would almost think that some Daily Show writers are readers of ATS. Have a look see & enjoy

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
hahaha that was a great watch the daily show played it well thanks for posting.

I like how the point of the tea party is made in this video. People are claiming that the people occupying wall st arnt part of the tea party cause there law breakers and that's un-american which is not tea party behavior. Jon Stewart explains how the actual tea party name is celebrated over one of the biggest and most criminal destruction of private property in america.
edit on 6-10-2011 by dankety because: more info

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks...I needed a good dose of humor.

Keeps things in perspective, ya know?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Lol, his style of satire is epic.
He is the ultimate troll! Muaha

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I literally just finished watching this segment on the tele.
Stewart's got it spot on. I love the mash up of the MSM take on Occupy Wall Street.

It's a shame when a comedy show delivers more truth than all the Main Stream combined.

Glad someone put this up, thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I actually laughed so hard it hurt and I cried. Not in that order. You should put this up on the main board.

I want a copy of that picture Stewart "drew". That's priceless. So true also how idiotic the "experts" are. Reminds me of something by Faulkner, I believe, about "sound and fury signifying nothing", IIRC.Lots of big words that mean nothing.

TDS does a good job showing us the hypocrisy in media. They are making TDS job much easier these days. Most of the "reporters" on tele really are buffoons.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

S & F for you my friend. Gave me a good chuckle. As always the Daily Show does a great job. What I can't understand is there are people on here that still think that this is all for not. These kinds of demonstrations are happening all over the world. Do they think they're doing all this for fun? And for peole saying that they do this just so they don't go to work or support communism....just blows my mind. I dunno if it's because they only watch the MSM or they have there heads so far up there butts but they need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are all in this together and just because you don't approve of the protests that doesn't mean TPTB will care any more about you. So, all you nay sayers get your heads out of the sand and take a real good look around. Get out of your little comfort zone just for a little bit and you will see that what they are doing is for you too.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I knew ATS would enjoy this, especially with the segment opening up with Media "Blackout" to "Circus" & then airing the video of the one protester's (sporting the Union soldiers cap) fantastic testimony of why he's occupying Wallstreet. I just had to get this onto YT & onto this site, because I'm sure not everyone here has the pleasure of being able to view the Daily Show.

Jon Stewert & the Daily Show earn two thumbs way up!

edit on 6-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
I knew ATS would enjoy this, especially with the segment opening up with Media "Blackout" to "Circus" & then airing the video of the one protester's (sporting the Union soldiers cap) fantastic testimony of why he's occupying Wallstreet. I just had to get this onto YT & onto this site, because I'm sure not everyone here has the pleasure of being able to view the Daily Show.

Jon Stewert & the Daily Show earn two thumbs way up!

God I wish we got the Daily Show here in Asia, thank you for putting that up.

I laughed, I cried, I almost wet my pants....John Stewart rocks!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I had to watch it twice

Stewart is brilliant and he's at his best when the hypocrisy meter goes off the scale.
He has a real gift for pointing out ironic truths and throwing them back in our faces.
Cup of starbucks coffee - $4
Cost of Bank Bailouts - $2 trillion and counting.
7 minutes of the Daily Show - Priceless

Thank you!
S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hahahahahaha... oh my gosh. This is brilliant. TY for make my day with this.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It isn't trolling when it is the truth.

No matter how funny or abrasive it might sound.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
I literally just finished watching this segment on the tele.
Stewart's got it spot on. I love the mash up of the MSM take on Occupy Wall Street.

It's a shame when a comedy show delivers more truth than all the Main Stream combined.

Glad someone put this up, thanks!

What network broadcasts the daily show in the UK or Australia?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That was a great segment. S&F for bringing it to my attention. However, if anyone wants to watch it in HD, this segment is available as the featured video on Stewart's show page, it's called "Parks and Demonstrations." LINK

I liked the bit of fun he had with Sean Hannity at the end, and his comparisons of the OWS protesters to the Tea Party. "What these kids are doing, unauthorized camping and the like, are misdemeanors. The Tea Party namesake was a f****ing felony!"

I don't always agree with Stewart, but there is no denying that the man is sharp as a tack, and funny to boot.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Awesome video!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When will Stewart notice that everybody there is white? OWS must be a bunch of racists or something? They dont LOOK like the 99% they pretend to represent, do they....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wonder what his older brother, Larry Leibowitz (currently Chief Operating Officer of the New York Stock Exchange) would say during dinner on Sunday.....

NWO can manipulate and sheeple digest?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Do you really have to pull the race card? You do realize they aired an interview of a woman who is not white, right? Just because you assume 99% of the people are white does that mean they are racist? How so? Are they only allowing white folks to protest? Only emailing white folks about where & when to protest so everyone else wouldnt be informed? Are there white only sections of protesters & sections for everyone else? I didnt think so.

I mean come on....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thought it was awesome - thanks, for sharing with the 'less fortunate' - I never miss an episode of this, or Colbert (and, am even a "Hero"
)

S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
HaHA the Tea HC party.

Ok seriously tho we are not suppose to laugh, people like Hanity or Coulter are getting paid to spread that caca on tv. Its too easy for Stewart or Colbert but since they are the best, we think we have no choice but to laugh.. in a practical way.

It is a serious matter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join