It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reply To Those Against OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm angry.
I am angry because since I was 13 years old,I busted my ass to work and earn an income.
I did well.Started off as a paper boy.Moved up to working in a grocery store. In between all that,I worked on the family farm.Feeding the hogs,bailing hay.Helping the family.
I moved on and went to college.With the help of student loans and Pell grants,I did it on my own.
Got my Associates degree in Electronics.Work at some video gaming places before I got into working on elevators.
I paid off my loans.Got married,had two kids,bought a big house,mortgage well within our means.
I busted my butt in that field and worked my way up to be respected as a top troubleshooter for them.
3 months ago,I got laid off ,along with 20 other comrades.
Lack of work.
Really?
There are broken elevators all over our town,but there is no work?????
The company has no soul,no loyalty for the workers.
The only loyalty they have is to their stock holders and making a profit.
It doesn't matter if the company promises a service to a customer and turn around and don't provide it.
They want you to lie about it and charge them for things that is covered under the contract.
In the end,my ethics got the better of me,hence I no longer work.
Should I lie to customers that pay a premium rate that I know that they are being robbed?
I was taught better than that ,and in the end,I'm a better person since I don't have to deal with that guilt anymore.
So be it.
I'm still doing good.

I am the 99%,I support Occupy .

So,for those out there saying that the protesters are lazy hippies and need to go to work,well you are wrong.
There are many out there in my shoes,who have worked their butt off,only to get f#cked.

edit on 5-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sucks...(sir) you played by the rules and deserve better. You blame Wall st. for (empty)building managers not contracting to repair their equipment. abit "tennous" ; but I can make that connection.
Sorry. Best of luck to you and yours.

edit on 6-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It is a trickle down effect.
Companies aren't growing anymore because banks aren't lending anymore because consumers aren't buying anymore because consumers aren't making any extra income because the banks took risks and lost and the government bails them out and leaves the rest of us out in the cold to fend for ourselves.

A very simplified version of the crisis of our nation.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by 46ACE

It is a trickle down effect.
Companies aren't growing anymore because banks aren't lending anymore because consumers aren't buying anymore because consumers aren't making any extra income because the banks took risks and lost and the government bails them out and leaves the rest of us out in the cold to fend for ourselves.

A very simplified version of the crisis of our nation.

That is the best simplified version of the system yet.
Bravo!
Spread that around, anyone with an IQ above 12 could understand it

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Do you think the media could?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by AzureSky

Do you think the media could?

Hell no! I saw some of the fox reports, i laughed. I wish the had a call-in style thing so i could call in and annhialite their reasoning with actual logic.
Morons. I hope a lot of people see through this ruse, haha

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The government should bail us out.If they don't,they have totally failed the American people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The government should bail us out.If they don't,they have totally failed the American people.
It just goes to show really, with all the protests springing up worldwide, and i definatly mean worldwide. In solidarity with eachother at that.

Pretty much proves that We, the people of the world. the 99% Want peace, Peace between all nations is more possible than people may think. It is not the people who are waging war with eachother. Its the governments, and the people the government employ. Waging war on people, or 'terrorists' or whatever. I never truly believed we got the full story coming out of iraq, never really did. Never know the other side of the story.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Kdog, It's always a pleasure to know people with real ethics who will not compromise themselves or their customers for a few dollars more.

Doing the honorable thing is rare today and I know it can come at great personal cost.
It won't pay the bills but you can be sure that this person holds you in high regard.
I lost a job once when our boss changed our pay period due to "lack of operating capital" at the same time he bought a brand new truck. He didn't like being called out on in front of everyone.

The truth can't be bought or sold, it is what it is.
Keep standing tall my friend!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you ATA!

Found this article from,of all places,CNN.

Think Occupy Wall St. is a phase? You don't get it

(CNN) -- Like the spokesmen for Arab dictators feigning bewilderment over protesters' demands, mainstream television news reporters finally training their attention on the growing Occupy Wall Street protest movement seem determined to cast it as the random, silly blather of an ungrateful and lazy generation of weirdos. They couldn't be more wrong and, as time will tell, may eventually be forced to accept the inevitability of their own obsolescence.

Consider how CNN anchor Erin Burnett, covered the goings on at Zuccotti Park downtown, where the protesters are encamped, in a segment called "Seriously?!" "What are they protesting?" she asked, "nobody seems to know." Like Jay Leno testing random mall patrons on American History, the main objective seemed to be to prove that the protesters didn't, for example, know that the U.S. government has been reimbursed for the bank bailouts. It was condescending and reductionist.

More predictably perhaps, a Fox News reporter appears flummoxed in this outtake from "On the Record," in which the respondent refuses to explain how he wants the protests to "end." Transcending the shallow partisan politics of the moment, the protester explains "As far as seeing it end, I wouldn't like to see it end. I would like to see the conversation continue."

To be fair, the reason why some mainstream news journalists and many of the audiences they serve see the Occupy Wall Street protests as incoherent is because the press and the public are themselves. It is difficult to comprehend a 21st century movement from the perspective of the 20th century politics, media, and economics in which we are still steeped. Occupy protests spread across U.S. Unions join 'Occupy Wall Street' In fact, we are witnessing America's first true Internet-era movement, which -- unlike civil rights protests, labor marches, or even the Obama campaign -- does not take its cue from a charismatic leader, express itself in bumper-sticker-length goals and understand itself as having a particular endpoint.

www.cnn.com...

In honesty,I don't think they will ever get it.

Instead of talking about and looking for solutions,they keep going round and round on the same stupid subjects without ever really addressing the real issues.
I guess someone forgot to tell the them the real issues,or the choose not to listen cause they are to busy listening to themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How does one decide to be "for" or "against" an organization with no clearly defined goals?

I do applaud that they are bringing awareness to the greater issue of holding big banking responsible for the recent economic mess...

However, these protesters run the gambit from wanna be communists to 911 Truthers, etc. It's really hard to support them when there are SO many different agendas in this group.

Still though, I'm happy for the attention they are getting.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's not really about being for or against OWS.

It's about all these different groups from all walks of life coming together to figure out what their common goal is.
Educating each other.There are so many problems that need to be addressed,but to be effective they really need to bring it to DC with a clear set of demands.
I know there are some issues they have that I do not agree with.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

The founding fathers were some clever guys...even THEN, they knew....

Too bad they aren't still around. We could use them about now, hehe...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If they were still around today,I do believe we would have had a coup d'etat by now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Much easier to do in the days when it was musket vs. musket.

When it's a bunch of guys armed with their hunting rifles vs. tanks, planes, smart bombs, night vision, etc., a bit more difficult to actually expect a chance of a revolution, hehe...

top topics

join