It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Ailes: I hired Sarah Palin ‘because she was hot’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Roger Ailes’ latest comments about Sarah Palin will be further proof to many that the Fox News chairman is sexist, but he probably is too rich and too powerful to care.

In an interview celebrating the 15th anniversary of Fox News, Ailes told The Associated Press that he hired the former Republican vice presidential candidate “because she was hot and got ratings.”

According to one Republican who is close to the Fox News chairman, Palin certainly wasn’t hired because Ailes respected her intellect.

I sure can't fault Roger for his choice of hiring exgov. Palin for her looks. She is verry attractive.
And I have a confession to make....I have hired women to work for my LLCs based on their looks and not on their professional ability.

What astonishes me is that Ailes was so forthright in voicing his proclivities. Fair and Balanced? You betcha!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
id hit it then fire it

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

hot in the fact shes physicaly attractive
or hot in the fact shes dumb and wont question your advances

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ewwww.

There is nothing attractive about Sarah Palin, or maybe I just have really high standards.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Did you ever think by hot, he meant she had a huge following and was popular, instead of meaning she was attractive? Maybe he is not the sexist, maybe it is those that jump to conclusions based on their own sexism.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he meant "hot" as in popular/controversial. He may be a pig but he's not stupid.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

He's in media.. hot and ratings is what creates monies ... smart business move. At least he was honest

(Who would respect her for her "intellect"?
)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am not conservative, nor would I support Palin leading any organization, but I would hit that any day. She should just stop talking politics and become a milf, swimsuit model. I would support that

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
Did you ever think by hot, he meant she had a huge following and was popular, instead of meaning she was attractive? Maybe he is not the sexist, maybe it is those that jump to conclusions based on their own sexism.

HAH! Spin that story like a TOP!

There is only one way he meant it and you know it. Stop fooling yourself

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

Perhaps if you had of read the article link, you would know that's not what he meant.

Talk about jumping to conclusions............

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

LOL, Roger Ailes is a rich and powerful man. He probably isnt that infatuated with a 40 something old mother of a litter of kids. My guess is he has a few 20 somethings hidden away somewhere that keep his interests. I am close to Sara's age, but if I was going to tap something for fun, my interests lie in the 20-30 year old range.

Its all you young guys that are into MILFs. Us 40 somethings are already stuck with them. I remember being younger and being into older women. I grew out of that.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

He's a business man. Nobody is going to watch quasimodo read the teleprompter. You have to hire attractive people.

Now if there was still any real journalism alive, then it might make sense to hire a cutting edge journalist for their skill and intellect, but these folks on FOX, MSNBC, CNN are just teleprompter readers. They need to be attractive, and read well. That's it!

Good business decision, and kudos for speaking the truth about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Fair and Balanced? You betcha!

S'plains much.
Cue the indignant reaction.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
At least she got hired for a job she was qualified for. Still an airhead.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You know exactly what he meant. I think she's hot but she's such a rube I can't stand her. As far as MILFS go, I am 53, I left my 55 year old gf of 7 years for my current gf who is 26, 5 years ago. Never looked back since. Young is fun.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My first double post. Apologies.
edit on Thu October 6th, 2011 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

In bed maybe. I have a 29 yo daughter. Most of her friends are vapid airheads. I can't imagine being forced to have an actual, like, you know, conversation with any of them. My wife has a Masters degree and a 20 year work history to draw experience from. She is every bit my intellectual equal and able to carry on intelligent, insightful conversations on a wide range of subjects. I wouldn't have it any other way.

new topics

top topics

join