It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I OBE'd last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I had a very positive experience OBE'ing last night. I was listening to this app called Relax Melodies Premium. Specifically the binaural beat with deep meditation + balimast and had no intention to have an OBE. I was just super relaxed and what I did was unconsciously leave my body and remember being outside where I usually smoke. I was up in the air smiling looking up and eventually sleet started coming down and I was super happy to see it. I was out there for awhile basking in it and then I woke up feeling well rested moreover then usual.

How could I train myself more to have these OBE's and also learn to navigate myself. I would like to hear any experiences that you have had in the meantime.
edit on 5-10-2011 by PositivelyDetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

Sounds fun. Was this your first time?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Its always refreshing to hear a good OBE story, I know my first OBE was terrifying. I dont really try to go OB but I have experience as a meditator and I know they are more common when I am either doing really good with my meditations and very relaxed, or the complete opposite, under deep stress. you might like this read- Robert Monroe- technique

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

where did you get the binural from ive tried a few with no results?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I believe oobes are really the same thing as lucid dreams or more specifically WILD induced lucid dreams.
I think the only difference is the beliefs.
So suggests you read up on lucid dreaming, as that is very much learnable.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My question is did it actually start sleeting outside at that time? If so then that will reaffirm things. That is great that you had a good experience with it. My couple experiences were positive as well. I would recommend Robert Bruce's books as far as Astral Projection is concerned. My first experience was a lot like yours. I hadn't really trained for it, but I was super relaxed. I think this sort of super relaxation occurs in people rarely (so everyone should have an OOBE sometime in their life it's just a matter of recalling it), but with practice it can become more common.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by WaylonSmithers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't sit still long enough to have one

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I love the field of lucid dreaming, but I do not like how it wants to claim OOBE as lucid dreams, before we can be sure.

Here he has an outside element. It begins sleeting. Now if it wasn't sleeting outside at the time then it was definetly a dream, but if it was then it's more likely to be an OOBE. Stuff like this happens that you wouldn't think about that can sort of reaffirm an OOBE for you personally. For me it was a closed door that is usually left open, but in my OOBE it was closed and in real life I went to check and it was closed.

It really does seem to come down to belief. The people who believe it's an OOBE will have more OOBE type experiences (and you really have to believe but it's more a confidence thing than an effort thing), if they think it's a dream it becomes a dream. OOBE's often change a person profoundly, Lucid dreams do not affect people so deeply (they are more "harmless" which is one reason I am much more willing to talk about Lucid Dreams than OOBEs to people that don't know about this stuff).

Also, a WILD usually starts with some visualizations, or maybe like a spiraling visual, or maybe walking down a hallway. An OOBE, you just come right out of your body and there you are. Lucid Dreamers most often find themselves in their beds during a false awakening.

I don't think there is a solid answer on this, but I think there is so much to be argued for both sides. It's very easy to scientifically say, it's only a lucid dream. Ultimately people have to have the experiences, educate themselves, and decide for themselves.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I actually had my first OBE 2 nights ago. I used to smoke alot but recently it's starting to take me less and less to feel the same effect. A few nights ago i decided to smoke a little more than what i usually do and i miss calculated... I had never felt these effects so strongly, I thought is it laced? do other people get these effects? i was about to look up side effects and i realised it would just invoke more panic. I was really scared. I didnt know if i was panicing or if it was the effect of the drug but I felt super sensitive to it. It was like i was drifting from this 3 dimensional world but yet still staying in my body at the same time. Fear was very present, i was so scared but i was trying to stay calm at the same time. I kept telling my self to just relax and ill get through this but the more i relaxed the more i drifted out of my body. I was thinking and seeing my self in third person. My mind was racing and my body was trying to tell me something. I was fearing that i might die but i wasn't in any pain at all. I tried drinking lots of water and having a shower to maybe help it go away but it didnt work. I couldn't lay down or stay still too long because I felt I would drift too much out of my body. I was stuck inbetween third person and first person! When I drifted more to third person I could see and feel that my body is just like a machine with parts that need to fuction harmoniously(literaly could almost feel every moving part). A machine i really need to take more care of. What i felt was not fuctioning harmoniously.. We tend to take our body's for granted... They seem to just work by it self and even breathing comes naturaly. We hardly notice whats really going on inside there untill you really FEEL everything. My breathing was not in rythem, my heart rate varried and i could even feel the oxygen transported around in my blood! I was freaking out Lol. I heard a voice tell me i need to not fear, fear is very dangerous and it effects your body even if you dont realise it. I wasn't showing enough love to my body. If im not able to do that how can i truely love someone else. I can't really remember everything it said to me but there was big empasis on love and I need to stop fearing. I really wanted to get back into my body seeing as i've never expericenced this before so i cut the conversation short and just took what was important to me. Maybe once i'm much healthier and stop fearing i will be able to have a longer conversation with this great spirit/God being.

Looking back at this past year I have not excersised much at all. Cardio seems to be my main focus now to fix my breathing and im eatting alot more and healthier food than i used to. I'm definitly not smoking as much or for the fun of it anymore. But rather going to treat it more as a spiritual thing to connect my self closer to nature. I feel like it has changed the way i want to live my life. I really want everyone to experience this, hopefuly not the scary OBE but sometimes thats what is needed!

Sorry for lack of paragraphs

edit on 5-10-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

That is awsome! I had a similar experience when i was a rookie smoker. I called it being in "the Twilight Zone" because it felt like I was in a 3rd person video game. Was veeeery strange and have always wanted to feel that way again. Hasn't happened again. I think it was just because I smoked more than I was used to as a rookie smoker.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I had plenty of WILD's that happens exactly like a typical oobe. In fact a large part of them happens like that.
The technique fo induce oobes are nearly identical to WILD and DEILD/Chaning method and often you go through the same thing with "vibrations"/sleep paralysis and so on.

You dont have to visualize a scene at all.

And this is just my personal opinion anyways based on my own and others experiences with WILD/DEILD induced lucid dreams. This is why i said it depends on your own belief system.

top topics

join