It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan abandons measuring plutonium?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Fair enough my friend.
My response would be that the entire planet is too trusting and needs a bitch slap upside the head.
It has nothing Nothing NOTHING to do with being "Japanese" and everything to do with being "Human".

We, as a species are and have been weak.
We, as a species need to toughen up and kick some ass.
However, the ass we need to kick is our own.
Mentally we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and learn to overcome our stockholm syndromesque
addiction to our masters and our enslavement.

We, as a species seem to love being lied to.

I agree 100%. The problem is in Japan the culture is trusting and polite and kind. When you mix this together it leads to what we see today.

The problem is they are not just killing themselves. I wonder how many babies will never be born because of this. All because of culture. How sad it truly is.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Karma is a force that works BOTH ways.
Every culture believes in the principle of karma whether or not they actually call it karma.
There is more than just this life to consider.
Yes, they may be passive.
It may be TOO passive to some.
They may not reap the benefits of their efforts in this life here and NOW.
They WILL reap the benefits of the way they have chosen to turn the other cheek, whether in this life or beyond.

You see turning the other cheek as a weakness.
YOU assume much.

Did you know that I am 230 lbs of solid muscle and have trained in martial arts my entire life?
Did you know that if you came up to me and tried to pick a fight I would walk away?
Did you know that as I walked away (according to your mentality) you would call me a pussy?

Is it possible that I walked away, not because I was afraid of what YOU would do to me
but,
Because I was afraid of what I would have to do to you?

Never confuse kindness with weakness.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

?? Not sure what to really say to that?? I stand by what I have said about foolish pride and how it has made this much worse. It also tends towards arrogance to some degree. The Japanese need to get over themselves and centuries old customs and get this together before it is to late.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Have a read about the Plutonium Levels,
can be faked but i doubt this;

The survey was conducted in June and July by sampling soil at 100 locations around the plant. The ministry compared the data obtained from the survey with data obtained in surveys conducted from fiscal 1999 to fiscal 2008 to measure the residual effects of radioactive fallout on Japan from nuclear atmospheric tests conducted during the Cold War.

The six spots where plutonium was detected are all in the no-entry zone, within a 20-kilometer radius of the plant, or in the expanded evacuation zone outside the no-entry zone, which may be exposed to more than 20 millisieverts of radioactive substances within a year from the accident.

Four becquerels per square meter of plutonium-238 was detected at one site in Namiemachi in the latest survey. This is about half of the maximum quantity of 8 becquerels detected in the 1999-2008 surveys. A preliminary ministry calculation shows that the level of plutonium contamination in Namiemachi will remain at 0.027 millisieverts for about 50 years.

The other five spots were contaminated with 0.55 to 2.3 becquerels of plutonium. The farthest spot from the plant where plutonium was detected was in Iitatemura, about 45 kilometers from the plant. Meanwhile, strontium-89 and strontium-90, both believed to have been released from the power plant, were detected at 45 spots. The maximum quantity of strontium-90, whose half-life of about 29 years is much longer than the approximately 50-day half-life of strontium-89, was 5,700 becquerels per square meter detected in Futabamachi.

This is six times that of the maximum quantity of 950 becquerels found before the Fukushima plant accident.
Source;

We all need to be very careful to not went crazy

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have nothing but the highest respect for the Japanese and their culture (here is where the insult usually goes
) seriously though, as an American born and raised, this culture fascinates me

all you have to look at is there determination and respect they have for honor, much of which was lost to most cultures long ago, all you have to look at is their track record

it is completely amazing to me that looting was almost not existent when EQ/tsunami hit

I think their major problem is the people of the country have much more respect for their country then the one in charge have for their people

....don't know the answer but I do believe TPTB have figured out how to use all our civilizations greatest strengths against us (i.e. honor, compassion, sympathy)
edit on 5-10-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
under there butts.

Again, the level of intellect we are dealing with is apparent.
It doesn't make you a "BAD" person.
It doesn't make you "STUPID".
It just lets the rest of us know that the person presenting these inflammatory ideas is of a certain intellect.

What a very nice polite way of telling someone there a lame brain.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow thats incrediblely interesting. I wonder whats next up the japanese kimono's sleeve,
just saying when they abandon one thing theres ALWAYS something else to replace it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well on one hand I think It's wrong they don't warn their own people..

On The Other Hand, what are they gonna do?They live on an Island, there is nowhere they can run to unless they invade another country. I'm sure Tokyo is going to start having Radiation Sicknesses soon, but they can't cause a stampede to other other end of the Island by telling the masses they are dying a slow painful death.

I personally don't have any sympathy for their Government because they wouldn't help us if we needed it, and would probably invade us if they had the Opportunity. But the Average people of Japan I feel bad for because I think they have good qualities like any other populace.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Guys, Radiation do not know and do not accept any Border,
there is no difference in between Japan, China, Korea, Russia, Alaska, Canada and the US!

People in the West who wait for an Uproar from the Japanese are a little bit wrong tuned
insider their Headz, there is absolute no need to wait for the Japanese to start a Self Articulation!
(The Human Right to live in a safe World)

And please look for some facts, of course the Japanese Government is bad
but do you know that in Japan the level for accepted Radiation
is afaik the lowest in the World, do you know that the Japanese 500Bq Level
for Food is 70% lower than the US American Level,
do you know that the European Community lowered their Level, after the F'Shima Accident,
of accepted Radiation to be on a Japanese Level?

EDIT: also do you know that the Japanese Society consumed more than 30% less Energy
in the last Summer through Self Regulation to avoid Black Outs?

It is always very easy to look for the Neighbor but it will not help "YOU"!
edit on 5-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Hi Human,

EU has actually increased radiation allowances to about 20X as much since Fukushima, under emergency powers.

Alexander Higgins' blog re EU rad increases
edit on 5/10/11 by GhostR1der because: link malfunctioned

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Breaking News: The measurement of plutonium was abandoned in Japan

So has there been any verification of this headline yet?
I've just spent a bit of time going through some online Japanese newspapers (Asahi/Mainichi etc...) and there is no mention whasoever of any such measurement abandonment.
The nearest I can find are various statements like this...

"Both the plutonium and strontium concentrations are very small compared to those of cesium. Future assessment of the impact of radiation exposure and the design of decontamination measures should be focused on cesium," a ministry official said.

asahi

...also supported by articles from foreign journalists...

The heaviest radionuclide, plutonium – with a half-life of tens of thousands of years – has been detected in small quantities inside the plant perimeter...

guardian.co.uk

...but nothing anywhere else to suggest that testing on it has been abandoned.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Someone needs to translate and verify the TEPCO videos.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by Human0815

Hi Human,

EU has actually increased radiation allowances to about 20X as much since Fukushima, under emergency powers.

Alexander Higgins' blog re EU rad increases
edit on 5/10/11 by GhostR1der because: link malfunctioned

Hmmm!

Ombudsman: Commission clarifies permitted food contamination levels after Fukushima nuclear accident The European Ombudsman, P. Nikiforos Diamandouros, has welcomed the European Commission's clarifications concerning the maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination for foodstuffs in the EU, following the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan.

The Ombudsman had asked the Commission for these clarifications after several citizens complained about a lack of information concerning changes made to the maximum levels. In its opinion, the Commission explained that, immediately after the Fukushima nuclear accident, the maximum radiation levels permitted in foodstuffs imported from Japan to the EU were higher than those permitted in Japan itself, but were lowered to the Japanese levels a few weeks later.

Complaints about lack of information concerning contamination levels

In March 2011, an earthquake and tsunami damaged the nuclear power plant in Fukushima, Japan, which led to increased radioactive contamination in the surrounding area. In the weeks following the accident, the Ombudsman received several complaints from citizens suggesting that there was a lack of information about changes made to the maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination for foodstuffs, imported from Japan to the EU.

The Ombudsman opened an inquiry to obtain precise information on the maximum permitted levels before and after the Fukushima accident. In its opinion, the Commission explained that immediately after the accident, the EU activated the emergency mechanisms it had adopted in the wake of the Chernobyl accident. These included maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination for foodstuffs, such as baby food or dairy products, as well as for feed. These levels were higher than the Japanese levels. In April 2011, therefore, the Commission decreased the maximum permitted levels to bring them into line with the Japanese levels.

The Ombudsman commended the Commission's detailed explanations which he considers useful for European citizens. In the interest of providing citizens with a maximum of information on the matter, he decided to publish the Commission's opinion together with his decision. Both documents are available at: www.ombudsman.europa.eu...

The European Ombudsman investigates complaints about maladministration in the EU institutions and bodies. Any EU citizen, resident, or an enterprise or association in a Member State, can lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman offers a fast, flexible, and free means of solving problems with the EU administration. For more information: www.ombudsman.europa.eu...

europa.eu.../11/16&type=HTML

This Higgins Guy did some good Work but sometimes his agenda is strange!
edit on 6-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Tokyo Stock Exchange Irregu-Nomalies Before Tsunami...they knew it was going to happen......

_javascript:icon('
')

Text RedThe Tokyo Stock Exchange knew _javascript:icon('
') the tsunami and Fukushima were going to happen.....if you look at the google finance charts or Brave Convictions stuff then you can see clearly that the money starts to move a full week before and increasing up to the event.....end of story....it was an attack and they knew it was coming _javascript:icon('
') ....here's a video and you can go to google finance and check out any of the Japanese charts for that week....sick....._javascript:icon('
')

Here's video....and if you want don't just embed it please copy it as you know what happens with info sometimes.......

_javascript:icon('
')

edit on 6/10/11 by 888Kukulkan888 because: Forgot to put the link in.....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I worked as a TEFL teacher and the Japanese are some of the coolest and lovely and smart people who ever lived and the demise of there culture is the demise of the world.....they are not polite and lovelly because they have a retarded corporate government like the rest of us they are lovely because they are closer to what normal people would be like with a few decent values but also because some of them are rock hard Buddhists and when everyone can kick ass and has some spiritual law and wisdom to guide them then it's just not smoking crack in disused houses or having brain damage from KFC food....out reality is a toilet....when compared to a lot of places though these other places are being trashed economically by the banksters and this obviously causes trouble...when the scum sell out and are happy to step on people to gain for themselves....black friday lol

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 888Kukulkan888

I worked as a TEFL teacher and the Japanese are some of the coolest and lovely and smart people who ever lived and the demise of there culture is the demise of the world.....they are not polite and lovelly because they have a retarded corporate government like the rest of us they are lovely because they are closer to what normal people would be like with a few decent values but also because some of them are rock hard Buddhists and when everyone can kick ass and has some spiritual law and wisdom to guide them then it's just not smoking crack in disused houses or having brain damage from KFC food....out reality is a toilet....when compared to a lot of places though these other places are being trashed economically by the banksters and this obviously causes trouble...when the scum sell out and are happy to step on people to gain for themselves....black friday lol

Every nation has good and bad people. The Japanese in the past and the present and I dare say the future are very easy to sway. For good or for bad. Why? I think it is a culture of foolish pride and arrogance.

It is not politically correct but it is the truth. I truly believe if given the chance they would do the same thing to China again even today.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My interpretation;

"I TEPCO Big uh Wig!"

"It's like they haven't already ingested the cyanide capsules?; 'but want a clock too'!
That's preposterous!"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This will cause some serious harm, we should pay attention to these

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join