It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Most Complex Radio Telescope Snaps Stunning 1st Photo of the Cosmos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting article as well. Is it just me, or does it the photo look similar to a scan of a head? It all appears (to me) that the bright yellow light is located around the area of where the pineal gland would be. I am currently studying the pineal gland and its functions. I have heard many theories about the pineal gland being the third eye.
www.foxnews.com...

I am currently studying the pineal gland and its functions. I have heard many theories about the pineal gland being the third eye.
www.crystalinks.com...
I find that some of the language in the article is suggestive and interesting as well, (it may just be me)

TextAfter years of planning, construction and assembly, a gigantic observatory billed as the world's most complex array of ground-based telescopes has opened its eyes in South America and captured its first image.

"opened its eyes"? haha

also, I did a search on the name Alma, and found that it means "soul" in spanish,probably just coincidence, but rather interesting to say the least.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Adorable I must say.Yes the picture looks like the side view of a head,chilling yet irksome.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow that's really cool. For some reason I keep mentally superimposing Homer Simpson's head onto it. Too bad the crayons missing. It definitely looks like a human head.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Here it is.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thank you for posting the picture itself. I am still learning the ins and outs of these sorts of things.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
I thought this was an interesting article as well. Is it just me, or does it the photo look similar to a scan of a head?

You're reading way too much into this.
As the article says, its just a better picture of NGC 4038 and NGC 4039, galaxies that are colliding...

The names I gave are from the New General Catalog, assembled in the 1880's.
Some distant galaxies, interesting because they are colliding, discovered way back in 1785, but in no way can be described as 1st Photo of the Cosmos.

edit on 4-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It actually looks like an embryo to me. Still, the pineal is an interesting angle. Cool pic.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?? Wow that is an incredible image! You can see the throat chakara as well! that is absolutely amazing..where can you get more information on this?

The Pineal gland is an awesome topic of conversation, its about the size and shape of an almond and resides in the perfect center of your brain. Its produces '___' ( dimethyltryptamine -an Indigenous chemical meaning-the natural chemicals inside your brain, neurotransmitters, messengers and hormones) and is responsible for other things as well like melatonin production. what your probably interested in knowing is that Rick Strassman, M.D. wrote an amazing book (which I highly recommend you start your journey with.)called '___' The Spirit Molecule about his research at the University of New Mexico's School of Medicine in Albuquerque where he was a tenured Associate Professor of Psychiatry. He associated the production of '___' during naturally occuring "psychedelic" states, including birth, death and near-death, and mystical experiences.
most importantly during REM sleep. That is when you are dreaming..

also in history its been represented as a pine cone. which you can see in some historical religious art, and the most prominent statue in front of the vatican is a huge pine cone.

its found in more than 80% of ecosystems throughout the world, yet its classified as a schedule I narcotic. the most illegal type of substance you can be caught with. but it cant kill you? and there is no risk of dependency?

in eastern cultures its understood to be the third eye that is actually very much like a physical eye in many ways.

its a portal into the afterlife!

shamans drink concoctions of psychedelics mostly containing '___' to master and experience a spiritual death/rebirth while obtaining healing abilities.

its much more active during childhood and gradually crystallizes during puberty. water flouridation among many other unwelcome contributing factors accelerate the calcification process.
The nazis were the first to flouridate the water to prevent civil unrest and promote passivity..the shut down of the pineal.

its our psychic gland Often connected to the forehead or 6th chakra which relates to
Clairvoyance, psychic abilities, imagination, dreaming.
we have hundreds of chakras and micro chakras but they are all interconnected.

Joe Rogan has a lot of great stuff to say in his youtube videos about '___' and makes it easy to understand.
I recommend that book as a start as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

To be specific the red, yellow and purple in your image are what the radio observatory picked up. The rest of the image is from Hubble.

A combined view of the Antennae Galaxies, taken by the ALMA radio telescope array and the Hubble Space Telescope

Space.com

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Veritas1

Here it is.

cosmic chaos and violence in all of its beauty

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thread was already posted previously. Try the search function.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Please give me the link...I searched for it using the search function, and it did NOT show up.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ET is sending us msg

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Oh, well thank you for giving the link to that thread. I did not mean to step on your toes.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not stepping on my toes mate
Just pointing out.. seems to be the in thing here

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

The Pineal gland is an awesome topic of conversation, its about the size and shape of an almond and resides in the perfect center of your brain. Its produces '___'...

also in history its been represented as a pine cone. which you can see in some historical religious art, and the most prominent statue in front of the vatican is a huge pine cone.

A few more interesting facts:

*Though pineal in the scientific usage comes from the Latin for "pine cone" pinea, linguistically it is almost identical to "P'nay El" or "the face of God", the name Jacob gave to the place he wrestled with the angel

*It is about the same shape and size of the filtrum (between your nose and lip) and is formed about the same time that the similar area is being formed leading some the theorize that the filtrum is the area from which the pineal is formed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing duplicate

new topics

top topics

join