It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody see anything Odd in the Sky over Maryland?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I live in Randallstown. (Baltimore County)
I'm Also a Aviation Student, with flight time.

About 20 minutes ago on my way back to the store I saw a odd Red light. Moving across the sky.
This object was All Red, no other colors Moving slowly, no blinking/flashing (maybe moving the same speed as a private plane, maybe alttle bit faster.) It was off in the distance. I didn't see any navigation lights. It really looked like a moving red Ball.
It was in the south/western sky. (Maybe people in Westminter in Carroll County had a better view of it)

I lost track of it going behind a building. Once I walked around the corner (Into my apartment complex)I lost track of the moving object, but I saw (I think it's still there) very similar object, except this object does not appear to be moving. It's a all red blight star looking object. It seems blighter then the normal stars. Right now It's not moving. Kinda fuzzy looking. Not Blinking, Not Flashing. Fuzzy looking though.
It's still off in the distance I can not get a decent estimation of the size.

I going to try to get a pic of it, considering how its 8:15 in the evening, I'm not trying to look to creepy taking pictures of anything lol. But whatever I can get on the camera I will post.

We live very close to Northwest Hospital which has a heliport, for helicopters, but this object had no sound that I could hear. Commercial airplane/and smaller Flights do past over a few times a day so I do see and hear my share airplanes. Like I said this was a silent red ball of light, and now appears to be a stationary red ball of light.

Has anybody else seen anything odd in the sky in this area Tonight?
anywhere else in Maryland, or Virginia, Pennsylvania?

Maybe it was a plane, or helicopter with a odd light configuration. I dont know, I'm just passing this info along, be on the lookout.

Edit: I'll see if I can get a video or pic.

edit on 4-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
it's funny you mention this. i'm always looking to the sky at night lately. especially last night since it was the first time i could see the stars in about 2 weeks because of clouds/rain. i'm in south central PA and i'm pretty sure i saw the same object as you. i looked out my window last night and i saw this red/orange object moving very slowly just like you described. it was heading south/southwest. it was moving at about the same speed as an orbiting satellite, but this was in our sky and not in outer space. no flashing lights, it seemed to move slower than the planes/jets/copters i see in the sky all the time. it also made no noise. i muted the baseball game just to double check that. i'm glad somebody else saw this! it didn't creep me out or anything, but it was definitely out of the ordinary when it comes to aircraft in the sky. i doubt i'll see the same thing again tonight but i'll keep my eyes peeled with camera/recorder ready just in case.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wasen't out UFO hunting last night. Curse my lazyness. But can you give me a rough estimate of the size of the UFO im relation to a star, moon or even your fist with you arm extended. Also... a rough estimate of how far away the object was; and which direction it was heading. Did you see any flames on the UFO?

Thanks,

Erno86

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
I wasen't out UFO hunting last night. Curse my lazyness. But can you give me a rough estimate of the size of the UFO im relation to a star, moon or even your fist with you arm extended. Also... a rough estimate of how far away the object was; and which direction it was heading. Did you see any flames on the UFO?

Thanks,

Erno86

I'm not a ufo hunter
. I was just walking back from the store and saw something moving out the corner of my eye.
Its really hard to give a description of the size. If I had to guess maybe it was the size of a plane maybe bigger.
Way smaller then the moon, look bigger then a star.
It was off in the distance. I'm bad at distances maybe it was a few miles west, moving south I believe. No Flashing, no Blinking, solid red color.

I'm going to make a wild assumption that maybe it was flying in the 10-20k foot height range, About the height some planes fly. Had the appearance of a plane moving across the sky, except for a ball like appearance and the solid red color. And as I posted in my OP it seemed to stop/(hover) off in the distance to south of me for a good 20 minutes.
edit on 5-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
it's funny you mention this. i'm always looking to the sky at night lately. especially last night since it was the first time i could see the stars in about 2 weeks because of clouds/rain. i'm in south central PA and i'm pretty sure i saw the same object as you. i looked out my window last night and i saw this red/orange object moving very slowly just like you described. it was heading south/southwest. it was moving at about the same speed as an orbiting satellite, but this was in our sky and not in outer space. no flashing lights, it seemed to move slower than the planes/jets/copters i see in the sky all the time. it also made no noise. i muted the baseball game just to double check that. i'm glad somebody else saw this! it didn't creep me out or anything, but it was definitely out of the ordinary when it comes to aircraft in the sky. i doubt i'll see the same thing again tonight but i'll keep my eyes peeled with camera/recorder ready just in case.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that saw something odd. I was tempted to make a mufon report, but I just didn't want anyone calling me over the phone, asking me all sorts of random questions. I don't have many details and I doubt anything would come out of it.

I had a friend who saw some thing in the sky a while back and she claims she got a call from a guy and felt like a nutjob. She just couldn't give a lot of info they wanted.

Sadly I couldn't get any pics
, and I didn't see the object tonight.
edit on 5-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Can't be certain, but your eyewitness account, suggests that you might have seen an other-worldly craft in its pre-landing phase; what with the solid red color of the orb.

But I would have been even more excited, if you had told me, that the red orb was at least full harvest moon size, with red-orange flames licking all around it; with no fiery tail.

Thanks for your reply.

Erno86

edit on 6-10-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 6-10-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I dont know if this is even close to what youre talking about but yesterday (Oct. 6, 2011) my girlfriend noticed something in the sky while she was driving home @ approx. 5:30 pm. We are in south central PA and she said it was slightly north-west. She said it appeared as if it was falling out of the sky or with the curvature of the earth and moving very slowly almost as if it wasnt moving at all. So slowly in fact that when she arrived home 20 minutes later it was still there. Being the photo hound that she is, she managed to get a video and some still pics of it.

The video is here with more info in the descript: www.youtube.com...

Will put up the pics as soon as I figure out how.

Could it be one of these stray satellites we'e been hearing so much about?
edit on 8-10-2011 by citizen633414 because: add detail

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen633414

Could not find the edit button this time to add this to previous post so apologies for that but here is a link to some of the stills my girl caught. Two of them are of the planes that were heading in it's general direction. Any feedback on what it might be would be appreciated!

s1178.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Could this be what you saw?

CUMBERLAND — Numerous 911 calls in Allegany and Mineral counties at 4:22 a.m., Tuesday apparently stemmed from a “meteorite passing through the area,” according to Roger Bennett, acting director of Allegany County ‘s 911 center. “We checked camera footage from schools at Mount Savage, Westmar, Oldtown, Westernport and other locations that showed a flash of light that brightened the whole sky,” said Bennett, who reviewed the video footage. He said no objects were visible in any of the videos.

edit on 8-10-2011 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I have been in westminster and finksburg all day and sad to so, no accounts of odd lights just yet. Ill keep an eye out though!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

I dont know if you were replying to me or the OP but interesting link none the less so thank you! I guess it's possible but do they move so slow that she would have been able to see it 12+ hours later? She watched it a good 45 minutes and while she said she could tell it was moving, it was moving very slowly. I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on asteroids. Sounds like the right area though...which I think would have been about 200 or so miles west of where we are.

She said she immediately thought of this video that she had seen not so long ago. I must say, they do look close.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure how many days ago it was, but I was sitting out side looking at stars, ect and saw a shooting star. Not even 5 minutes later there was a pulsing red light moving off in the direction the shooting star had fallen. I'm in the western Md area, about 2 hrs away from Baltimore.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I couldn't see a tail. But it's interesting to know that others have seen odd things.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just took this pic 5 minutes ago. Whatever it is, it's still there....in the same spot. Looks like it's moving in a different direction tho.

top topics

join