It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goal of the ILLUMINATI: Freedom For All Mankind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Was this the true goal and intent of the original Illuminati? For man to be left free to govern himself?

To understand where I'm coming from, it is required that you read the following letter from Thomas Jefferson To Bishop James Madison .

Philadelphia, Jan. 31, 1800.
Dear Sir,
I have lately by accident got a sight of a single volume (the 3d.) of the Abbe Barruel's Antisocial conspiracy, which gives me the first idea I have ever had of what is meant by the Illuminatism against which "illuminate Morse" as he is now called, & his ecclesiastical & monarchical associates have been making such a hue and cry. Barruel's own parts of the book are perfectly the ravings of a Bedlamite. But he quotes largely from Wishaupt whom he considers as the founder of what he calls the order. As you may not have had an opportunity of forming a judgment of this cry of "mad dog" which has been raised against his doctrines, I will give you the idea I have formed from only an hour's reading of Barruel's quotations from him, which you may be sure are not the most favorable. Wishaupt seems to be an enthusiastic Philanthropist.

He is among those (as you know the excellent Price and Priestley also are) who believe in the indefinite perfectibility of man. He thinks he may in time be rendered so perfect that he will be able to govern himself in every circumstance so as to injure none, to do all the good he can, to leave government no occasion to exercise their powers over him, & of course to render political government useless. This you know is Godwin's doctrine, and this is what Robinson, Barruel & Morse had called a conspiracy against all government.

Wishaupt believes that to promote this perfection of the human character was the object of Jesus Christ. That his intention was simply to reinstate natural religion, & by diffusing the light of his morality, to teach us to govern ourselves. His precepts are the love of god & love of our neighbor. And by teaching innocence of conduct, he expected to place men in their natural state of liberty & equality. He says, no one ever laid a surer foundation for liberty than our grand master, Jesus of Nazareth. He believes the Free masons were originally possessed of the true principles & objects of Christianity, & have still preserved some of them by tradition, but much disfigured.

The means he proposes to effect this improvement of human nature are "to enlighten men, to correct their morals & inspire them with benevolence. Secure of our success, sais he, we abstain from violent commotions. To have foreseen, the happiness of posterity & to have prepared it by irreproachable means, suffices for our felicity. The tranquility of our consciences is not troubled by the reproach of aiming at the ruin or overthrow of states or thrones." As Wishaupt lived under the tyranny of a despot & priests, he knew that caution was necessary even in spreading information, & the principles of pure morality.

He proposed therefore to lead the Free masons to adopt this object & to make the objects of their institution the diffusion of science & virtue. He proposed to initiate new members into his body by gradations proportioned to his fears of the thunderbolts of tyranny. This has given an air of mystery to his views, was the foundation of his banishment, the subversion of the masonic order, & is the colour for the ravings against him of Robinson, Barruel & Morse, whose real fears are that the craft would be endangered by the spreading of information, reason, & natural morality among men. This subject being new to me, I have imagined that if it be so to you also, you may receive the same satisfaction in seeing, which I have had in forming the analysis of it: & I believe you will think with me that if Wishaupt had written here, where no secrecy is necessary in our endeavors to render men wise & virtuous, he would not have thought of any secret machinery for that purpose. As Godwin, if he had written in Germany, might probably also have thought secrecy & mysticism prudent.

I will say nothing to you on the late revolution of France, which is painfully interesting. Perhaps when we know more of the circumstances which gave rise to it, & the direction it will take, Buonaparte, its chief organ, may stand in a better light than at present. I am with great esteem, dear sir, your affectionate friend.
-THOMAS JEFFERSON

University of Virginia Library

-Thomas Jefferson
Author of A Summary View of the Rights of British America, Of the Declaration of American Independence and of The Statute of Virginia For Religious Freedom, Founder of the University Of Virginia, Virginian Delegate to the Continental Congress, Governor of Virginia, Minister to France, Secretary of State, Co-Author (Madison) of the Kentucky and Virginia Resolution, Co-Founder (Madison) of the Republican Party, Second Vice President of the United States, Third President of the United States.

Although this is just an initial reaction from Jefferson regarding Weishaupt's writings, it is a curious reaction to say the least. Jefferson seems more than pleased by the ideology of Weishaupt. Indeed, as Jefferson describes him, they may have shared many of the same ideals.

I trust Jefferson. This man may have done more for the freedom philosophy than any man whom ever lived. His contributions-backed with action- cannot be denied.

So my question to the ATS community is this...
Was Jefferson's initial observation on Weishaupt and the Illuminati correct? Was their goal to free mankind from the arbitrary rule of kings and queens and tyrannical bureaucrats? Was the purpose of the Illuminati the exact opposite of what it apparently has turned into today? Or maybe Jefferson was just plain wrong, which is possible, but certainly not probable.

Perhaps there was a dark revolution within the ranks of the order that turned it into the power hungry and tyrannical society it has become today. This would be almost an inevitability if indeed the Illuminati's intentions were freedom from government power. Was the Illuminati, in its infancy, a force for good?
edit on 4-10-2011 by METACOMET because: fxlink

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Adam Weishaupt took the entire concept of the Illuminati from the Roshaniyya of Afghanistan, meaning the enlightened ones. Pir Roshan, the found of Afghanistan's Roshaniyya, believed in the equality of every individual, man and woman. The true nature of the Illuminati was designed to implement ideas for equality.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
weishapt is founder of the bavarian illuminati. the order existed for centuries before that.

see bill cooper: mystery babylon series.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Only if you think mankind will be saved by complete and utter control. Illuminate requires obedience!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Only if you think mankind will be saved by complete and utter control. Illuminate requires obedience!!!!

Thanks for not ready any of my post

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Do you have any insight into when and how this changed?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
reply to post by Unvarnished

Do you have any insight into when and how this changed?
It didn't. The Illuminati was shut down less than 10 years after they got started. There are no groups calling themselves the Illuminati today that have anything to do with Weishaupt's group. (To be honest, there are no groups calling themselves the Illuminati today period. It's just a catchall phrase conspiracy theorists use to refer to the powers that be, but it's a misnomer.)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I trust Jefferson as well but the illuminati was around long before him. Freedom for mankind is not what they're about, they're about their sacred and better than the rest of us blood lines and keeping those blood lines in power over the rest of us.

It may have been some of the good people that were apart of the illuminati intentions but not those that rule.
edit on 4-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
weishapt is founder of the bavarian illuminati. the order existed for centuries before that.

Originally posted by mileslong54
I trust Jefferson as well but the illuminati was around long before him. Freedom for mankind is not what they're about, they're about their sacred and better than the rest of us blood lines and keeping those blood lines in power over the rest of us.

It may have been some of the good people that were apart of the illuminati intentions but not those that rule.

Bill Cooper was a nut. Weishaupt's group was not part of an order that existed for centuries before it. It never sought to rule anything—it was all about the idea that tyrants and churches held too much power in 18th century europe and was encouraging enlightenment thinking for the masses. It had nothing to do with bloodlines. And it only existed from 1776 until 1787.

edit on 2011.10.4 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well, I'm S&F'ing this post because I love Thomas Jefferson.

Good find on the letter, OP.

I, too, believe that the original Freemasons, Illuminati, etc. held as a core belief the ability of man to 'rise above himself' and 'embrace the god within'.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

Bill Cooper was a nut. Weishaupt's group was not part of an order that existed for centuries before it. It never sought to rule anything—it was all about the idea that tyrants and churches held too much power in 18th century europe and was encouraging enlightenment thinking for the masses. It had nothing to do with bloodlines. And it only existed from 1776 until 1787.

edit on 2011.10.4 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

As you said "it only existed from 1776 until 1787." A small break off group with good intentions does not show the true intentions of the rulling.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Have you read the Hidden Hand post on ATS from 2008?

Hidden Hand says that The Illuminati (or Group Soul Lucifer) came to Earth's astral realm in order to introduce "negativity" to our world, so that we could progress and have free will.

It's all very very interesting, and if you haven't read it yet I think you should.

Hidden Hand ATS 2008

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What if they are trying to teach humanity a lesson by showing the "wrong way" and make us stand up for the right way beliveing we are not lead by their techings. Maybe the world is so bad right now that when the dust seattles all man can accept a just economic system where the ego of wanting more that the other do not exists. Where all people work for the good of all and don't need extra persuation to do what they are supposed to. Only by the pride of doing what is right and what is needed. When greed, manipulation and lies don't give you anything becuse we don't allow systems to exist in that way. The golden age will come when the people release their ego, hate and fear.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

Hi...thanks for telling us about this......I have read through 1 1/2 pages so far......it is interesting how he showed up just for a very short time...said what he had to say...then left...and did not return.

For a few months now I have been having...a vision....in this vision there is ..what I call (a star gate) between our dimension and heaven.....on the other side in heaven..angels go to a special place and volunteer to come through to the dimension we are in here on earth....they kneel down.....their wings are removed... they are given instructions....they are given the proper clothing...identification etc. and then a large portal opens...and they walk through to our realm....there to greet them is a special group of people that will help them to adapt.

I am just wondering......could he be one of them?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

As you said "it only existed from 1776 until 1787." A small break off group with good intentions does not show the true intentions of the rulling.

I suggest your read Terry Melanson's Perfectibilists which is the authority on the Bavarian Illuminati. He uses actual correspondence between the founding members and archival documents. It clears up any and all confusion regarding their founding, mission and history.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the insight everyone. I'm certainly not very schooled on this subject. I came across this letter when reading about Jefferson and it really intrigued me.

I have learned a lot from you all. However, though I made some assumptions and mistakes on the nature and history of the Illuminati, I still have a few of the same questions I started out with.

Did Weishaupt and the Bavarian Illuminati really believe in this doctrine as presented by Jefferson? Weishaupt and the Illuminati are presently demonized as tyrannical and power hungry in many circles. What is the truth of the matter?

Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but if the Bavarian Illuminati were indeed "freedom fighters", I don't think, at the very least, it is common knowledge. Interesting!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Many blame the Illuminati for the French Revolution. While there were certainly atrocities committed during that revolution, at the end of it all, a Monarchy was brought down, and a constitution and a secular, democratic republic was put in its place.

How can the Bavarian Illuminati be tied to ruling bloodlines on one hand, and be "blamed" for bringing down a tyrannical monarchy, replacing it with democracy, on the other?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control." - Old Toad Proverb

You say the illuminati are all about Control yet you can't even spell it correct.

The Illuminati know all about the Law of Order/Control and how Control works against Natural Order, thus, you are backwards in your assumption about them.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlantGirl
Well, I'm S&F'ing this post because I love Thomas Jefferson.

Good find on the letter, OP.

I, too, believe that the original Freemasons, Illuminati, etc. held as a core belief the ability of man to 'rise above himself' and 'embrace the god within'.

Well said, PlantGirl!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
The golden age will come when the people release their ego, hate and fear.

Actually, it will occur when they realize 2/3's (66.6% = 666) of their Reality is an Illusion:

1. Conceptual
2. Perceptual
3. Physical

Only the Physical is Real! What dew you think the Matrix was all about?

Ribbit

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join