It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rice Experiment & Noetic understanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Rice Experiment

Now the rice experiment has been posted here before (after a quick check)
but it was my intention to post this once I hit 20 posts and it didn't receive much
coverage so I'm bringing it up again.

+ Many more vids

Could it be possible that everything in the universe is actually connected
and through loving emotions and actions we can physically improve the
outside world that exists?

Noetic

A kind of Metarational awareness or insight, like intuition but more conscious and grounded in reason. (Noesis (Greek: νόησις) comes from Greek, and means insight, similar to intellection or intelligence. The word "noetic" is derived from the Greek word "nous," meaning mind, intelligence or ways of knowing, There is no exact equivalent in English. It refers to "inner knowing," a kind of intuitive consciousness, or direct and immediate access to knowledge beyond what is available to our normal senses or the power of reason. It was like they were blessed with some noetic faculty that enabled them to leap beyond the confines of what their senses or their research indicated, and land directly on the heart of the dynamics of the reality they were investigating.

- www.urbandictionary.com...

"The only real valuable thing is intuition" - Albert Einstine

A personal belief of mine is that each of us are born with a form of intuition
and by staying true to our own convictions we can feel, see and sense through
cognition that the water, ground, earth and soloar-system are
connected together with a spiritual body running through it.

Could it be possible that through positive emotions and a lovingness towards
our earth we can improve our world?

edit on 4-10-2011 by BernardMarx because: inserted missing video

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Definately!
I dont know if you have seen the water experiments that a Japanese fellow has performed, but they virtually are similar to the ones you present.
The water is photographed with a microscope after it gets abused or praised etc...
The difference in the molecular structure is astounding!
Unfortunately i have forgotten his name....I am sure theres a thread here about it though.....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BernardMarx

S&F - I agree that this fascinating topic can teach us much about the world - I am posting another great video - it includes numerous scientists, and of course Emoto Masaru and explores these topics in detail - with some information that I had not found elsewhere. For anyone interested, it is very well worth watching despite its length.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think just had an epiphany because of your links.

Thank you for spreading REAL knowledge.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BernardMarx

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Great post, I had never heard of this experiment before, what a great idea. I have now set up three jars for my family to experiment with. I am always going on and on to my husband and children about the effects of good and bad vibes and negative emotions have on a home. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

One important control/step that the debunker (who did a great job analyzing the variables and isolating them) left out: Once he determined the source of the mold, he should have run a final experiment; one that introduces mold to both containers "equally", with positive and negative energy then applied to the rice. The results of THAT final experiment would allow him to truly state that thought has no bearing on the rice condition over time. Because in fact, one of the above videos displays an open-air experiment with noticeable results.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

FYI - You are speaking about Dr. Emoto Masaru - the absolute pioneer in the field. Several other scientists have started to discover the "how" and structure which may be a key in the emotional reaction he observes in water. Fascinating stuff. My earlier post has an excellent, albeit long, presentation of the subject if you are interested in learning more.

May the road rise up to meet you in your journey!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Not a bad point...though I think he was mainly making the point that one jar will always have more contamination if it is scooped out as he did...even if the jars are sterilized.

To go beyond the debunking video a bit....Lets assume the effect is real. The only logical conclusion would could come to is that negative thoughts help living things grow....the only living things in those jars would have been contamination, since mold and fungus do not just spontaneously generate...The rice itself was boiled and totally dead. If we take this at face value then it would mean that negative thoughts have positive effects on the growth of living organisms!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And with that point I concede the argument. Well played

WAIT A SEC EDIT!!

What if you reversed the experiment, praising the bacteria for their vital role in the cycle of nature? Would the praised bacteria thrive whilst the abused bacteria wither?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BernardMarx
Could it be possible that through positive emotions and a lovingness towards
our earth we can improve our world?

Yes, our consciousness is very much interwoven with all other causes. We need to take more responsibility for what we think and feel.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

And with that point I concede the argument. Well played

WAIT A SEC EDIT!!

What if you reversed the experiment, praising the bacteria for their vital role in the cycle of nature? Would the praised bacteria thrive whilst the abused bacteria wither?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And of course that brings up one more variable as well: What if the intentions have to be sincere in order to work? That's completely unquantifiable. A person who is hell bent on creating a truly scientific experiment my have better results letting his 7 year old do the talking!

No I'm with you mostly on this issue. I don't dismiss the possibility at all, there's a whole layer of something out there that voltmeters and spectrum analyzers can't quite get a read on. But yeah, the tests are certainly flawed at their core. Pretty much "warm n fuzzy" science.

new topics

top topics

join