It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by watchitburn
Obama was supported blindly in 2008, without ever stating what his policies were on any issue.

This is not true. I was VERY familiar with Obama's policies.

Ron Paul is this election's messiah. If he becomes president, he will be unable to do anything he wants to do, just like Obama was. There are too many conflicting interests in Washington. Paul can't get up there and change things any more than Obama could. He's not a king. There's no magic wand. He needs the buy-in of the majority to do ANYTHING and he doesn't have it. He would be a lame duck from the beginning.

Sorry, none of this is really on topic, but I also think it's interesting that the same people who lambasted Obama supporters for their "hopes" are now putting Paul on that VERY same pedestal and 'worshiping' him in the same way they criticized 4 years ago...
Just today I saw youtube comment which basically you can't disagree with anything Ron Paul says. I really had no idea how to respond to that. I don't know if it's not as bad as Obama because Ron Paul does have experience and a consistent voting record, or if it's worse because of the supporters like the aformentioned one, so I agree somewhat.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
The Ron Paul supporters for the most part are well intentioned people who just want something better for America, but they fail to realize that they sound exactly like the Obama supporters in 2008 who thought that everything would be better once he got into office. It's like a sad parody.

Who knows if Paul is one of "them", I don't think so but you can't be sure, just like the whole OWS possibly being financed by a George Soros front

We do sound like the Obama supporters back then. But is the devil you know really better? We know what 4 more years of Obama is going to be. Frankly, you're clueless if you think a person can say the same thing for 30 years and then change overnight.

I just cannot agree with someone that would welcome in the return of Jim Crow era practices in America.
edit on 4-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

Me, either. Thank goodness Ron Paul doesn't welcome them, since I and most people here wouldn't support him if he did.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not "one of them."

This last primary quarter;

Rick Perry got 17 million in donations.
22,000 donors.

Ron Paul got 8 million in donations.
100,000+ donors.

As president and commander in chief, Paul could bring the troops home and end the wars. This would also be an economic stimulus as all the soldiers would begin spending their money here at home.

Good start.
edit on 6-10-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul has my vote.
I wouldnt vote for anybody else simply becuase Ron talks about what is important to me. None of the other loons seem to get the idea that we are in some serious siht!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If Ron Paul was to be Elected as president than the hole America would become a better place
but if Obama is Ellected for a second year............ALL HELL BROKES LOOSE!!!!

edit on 6-10-2011 by futuredude because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join