It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm not a US citizen and don't pay a great deal attention to US politics, but I've noticed a lot of posters here with Ron Paul 2012 banners and advocating that once he gets in all will be better. So I was hoping to learn more about what you guys think he will do that will make such a difference.

Incidentally, if one is to believe the conspiracies that the Bilderbergers/TPTB always have both candidates in their pocket anyway, is Ron Paul any different? Is he is own man and will he really have the population's best interests at the front of his agendas

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You could do a simple search right here on ATS and find all the answers to your question or check out Ron Paul on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Ron Paul supporters for the most part are well intentioned people who just want something better for America, but they fail to realize that they sound exactly like the Obama supporters in 2008 who thought that everything would be better once he got into office. It's like a sad parody.

Who knows if Paul is one of "them", I don't think so but you can't be sure, just like the whole OWS possibly being financed by a George Soros front

I just cannot agree with someone that would welcome in the return of Jim Crow era practices in America.
edit on 4-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
The Ron Paul supporters for the most part are well intentioned people who just want something better for America, but they fail to realize that they sound exactly like the Obama supporters in 2008 who thought that everything would be better once he got into office. It's like a sad parody.

Who knows if Paul is one of "them", I don't think so but you can't be sure, just like the whole OWS possibly being financed by a George Soros front

I just cannot agree with someone that would welcome in the return of Jim Crow era practices in America.

While you're right that Obama was announcing Change and Yes We Can in 2008 and his supporters were chanting with him, RP supporters were following RP in 2008, you know, the 2nd time RP ran for POTUS. So there's that... And lets not forget that Obama being voted into POTUS was definitely based on his being half black and white, an emotional vote so to speak. Funny thing about that is, if anyone dislikes or disagrees with Obama they can be called a racist
. So here comes this guy who is could be our first "black" POTUS, who can speak oh so well to an audience (not so much with Little Bush) and promised us change but as we can now clearly see was just more political lies and BS. Standard procedure from all politicians, excluding RP.

Bottom line, Ron Paul has been steadfast in his beliefs and held to his word for his entire political career, unlike every other politician..cough Obama cough, who flip flops on their issues depending on what crowd they are speaking too.

Here's why RP rocks, courtesy of WIkipedia

As a physician, Paul routinely lowered fees or worked for free and refused to accept Medicaid or Medicare payments.[16][17] As a member of Congress, he continues to refuse to sign up for the government pension that he would be entitled to in order to avoid receiving government money, saying it would be "hypocritical and immoral."[18]

Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax[90] or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review.

During March 2001, Paul introduced a bill to repeal the 1973 War Powers Resolution (WPR) and reinstate the process of formal declaration of war by Congress.[92]

He also introduced "Sunlight Rule" legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,[94] after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction.

Paul says his fellow members of Congress have increased government spending by 75 percent during the presidency of George W. Bush.[96] After a 2005 bill was touted as "slashing" government waste, Paul wrote that it decreased spending by a fraction of one percent and that "Congress couldn't slash spending if the members' lives depended on it."[97] He said that during three years he had voted against more than 700 bills intended to expand government.[98]

Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution, and (with Oregon representative Peter DeFazio) sponsored a resolution to repeal the war authorization during February 2003. Paul's speech, 35 "Questions That Won't Be Asked About Iraq,"[95] was translated and published in German, French, Russian, Italian, and Swiss periodicals before the Iraq War began.[86]

During June 2011, Paul co-sponsored a bill with U.S. Representative Barney Frank that is intended to end the federal prohibition of marijuana.[101]

edit on 4-10-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't think he will solve much, but he is a step in the right direction at the least.

If he is legit, tptb wont keep him around for long, if he isn't, it's the S.O.S

The reason he is so important though, is he gets people who generally wouldn't be talking about issues such as the FED talking about it. Suddenly people are getting another opinion other than raise taxes, more wars, bail everything out, less rights. Honestly I don't care if he wins, he makes it easier for me to hold a discussion with people about the state our country is in.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
You could do a simple search right here on ATS and find all the answers to your question or check out Ron Paul on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, I'm quite capable of looking up Ron Paul on Wikipedia, and a search here on ATS brings up all kinds of threads, but I want to hear, how is he any different to the hopes that Obama brought when he came in? (like Illuminatislave says) How can those who are cheering for him say he's going to be any better? From what I can tell BO has barely stuck to any of his promises. What makes those flying the RP flag think he will fair any better?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Your statement is very misleading.
Obama was supported blindly in 2008, without ever stating what his policies were on any issue. When you would question his supporters about why they intended to vote for him the only strait forward answer you could get out of them was "They were gonna get that Obama cash"

Ron Paul has been very specific about what his policies are for the past 30 years. He has consistently opposed every measure that violates the constitution. When you question a Ron Paul supporter, you get clear answers about his plans for a sound monetary policy, or ending America's empiricist warmongering foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xPico
I don't think he will solve much, but he is a step in the right direction at the least.

If he is legit, tptb wont keep him around for long, if he isn't, it's the S.O.S

The reason he is so important though, is he gets people who generally wouldn't be talking about issues such as the FED talking about it. Suddenly people are getting another opinion other than raise taxes, more wars, bail everything out, less rights. Honestly I don't care if he wins, he makes it easier for me to hold a discussion with people about the state our country is in.

That's always a good thing - if a politician is talking about things which others daren't discuss

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I provided some answers to your question in my 2nd post. I'd also check out watchitburn signature for more

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Obama was supported blindly in 2008, without ever stating what his policies were on any issue.

This is not true. I was VERY familiar with Obama's policies.

Ron Paul is this election's messiah. If he becomes president, he will be unable to do anything he wants to do, just like Obama was. There are too many conflicting interests in Washington. Paul can't get up there and change things any more than Obama could. He's not a king. There's no magic wand. He needs the buy-in of the majority to do ANYTHING and he doesn't have it. He would be a lame duck from the beginning.

Sorry, none of this is really on topic, but I also think it's interesting that the same people who lambasted Obama supporters for their "hopes" are now putting Paul on that VERY same pedestal and 'worshiping' him in the same way they criticized 4 years ago...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama was supported blindly in 2008, without ever stating what his policies were on any issue.

This is not true. I was VERY familiar with Obama's policies.

Ron Paul is this election's messiah. If he becomes president, he will be unable to do anything he wants to do, just like Obama was. There are too many conflicting interests in Washington. Paul can't get up there and change things any more than Obama could. He's not a king. There's no magic wand. He needs the buy-in of the majority to do ANYTHING and he doesn't have it. He would be a lame duck from the beginning.

Sorry, none of this is really on topic, but I also think it's interesting that the same people who lambasted Obama supporters for their "hopes" are now putting Paul on that VERY same pedestal and 'worshiping' him in the same way they criticized 4 years ago...

Gotta agree with this. Every election has a saviour. We saw it in the UK after the mess Bliar and his lot left, Camoron and his mob would sort it out, but they just fleece us more.

Even if RP isn't a puppet already what guarantees are there that he won't become one? Confessions of an economical hitman spring to mind. If you're in the hotseat and given an utimatum you'll surely take the choice which suits you and yours.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then you were one of the very few who were familiar with him.
My statement should have said "The vast majority of Obama's supporters, did so blindly".

I never encountered anyone during the election who knew anything about him other than he claimed he would change stuff.

But I disagree, Obama was bought and paid for by the Big corporations from day one. He said whatever people wanted to hear to get elected.

Where as the lobbyist don't even bother to try to talk to Ron Paul, because he has these weird things called principals and loyalty to the constitution.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga

Even if RP isn't a puppet already what guarantees are there that he won't become one? Confessions of an economical hitman spring to mind. If you're in the hotseat and given an utimatum you'll surely take the choice which suits you and yours.

That is a chance you have to take with any politician.

But a 30 YEAR track record of being consistent with everything he has ever said or voted for or against kind of speaks for itself.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't think that Obama was elect solely based off of race, he was also giving people hope that he would actually bring change to Washington after 8 years of thuggery from the Bush Administration. Sadly, Obama is cut from the same cloth, a man with no morals or no conscience.

Regardless of my disagreements with him on some of issues, Paul would be railroaded and or possibly dealt with if he ever stepped foot into the Oval Office. I never denied that his track record lends him credibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Was he elected solely based on race? Of course not. But was it a factor? Absolutely. Yes, as I've already stated, he was elected based off of false hope and following a fail POTUS that is Little Bush.

That said, as much as I love RP I doubt he will get into office, let alone the primaries. The establishment will not let him in, it's that simple. We can already see this via the MSM ignoring and bad mouthing RP while they support the establishments favorites, such as Perry, Romney, etc. If by some grace of God RP does get elected POTUS I suspect he wouldn't be long for this earth. He would be removed before he could do any damage to the machine that is the warmongering Washington DC.

I love RP and want him as POTUS for 2012 but I don't see it happening.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

My statement should have said "The vast majority of Obama's supporters, did so blindly".

Your statement would still have no basis in fact. Unless, of course, you have some piece of evidence that shows the vast majority of Obama supporters were unaware of his policies??

I never encountered anyone during the election who knew anything about him other than he claimed he would change stuff.

I cannot speak for the political awareness of your personal circle of friends, but I don't buy that they represent "Obama supporters" as a group. I was on ATS in 2007, 2008. I know how much we talked about his policies and issues. It was one of the most politically aware elections I can remember. And I've seen a few.

Where as the lobbyist don't even bother to try to talk to Ron Paul, because he has these weird things called principals and loyalty to the constitution.

Too bad his loyalties to the Constitution don't include supporting the 14th amendment for EVERYONE in the country. He would allow states to legally discriminate against citizens.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

He would continue to allow the states to discriminate against gay people (as Obama is doing). And would go further to allow states to adopt laws that discriminate against whomever they wish. (Restaurant owners could turn away customers based on race, for example. States could decide if a woman's body belongs to her or not.)

Yes, Ron Paul would protect the 2nd Amendment for ALL states, but not the 14th... Either he supports and upholds the Constitution or he doesn't. Picking and choosing is what all presidents do... Including Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just heard about a blog that is trying to get everyone to turn on the headlights in the cars, during the day, as a show of support for Ron Paul 2012.

LightsOn4Ron.blogspot.com

Can't hurt! I'm in.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What everyone fails to realize is the big picture with Obama. We were at a time when people were fed up with the current admin and they wanted change. So who better to throw in our faces than a man of color who is "for the people." I seriously doubt 10% knew what they for even voting for. I just find it amazing how little has changed since the Bush era but people will still swear by this man.
See that's tptb getting over on us...again!
And I'm not afraid to admit I was hoodwinked like many others. But no more! Ron Paul if you agree with him or not has a perfect track record on his policies, has never flip-flopped or talked BS to gain votes. I would rather have a man of his word in the WH than anything either party has thrown in my face this time around. Just so happens I do agree with most of what RP stands for.
But that's what I think is happening now with RP. People are realizing he has a track record of being a man of his word and are tired of being hoodwinked.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Not quite sure what the real point of this thread because threads just like this have been posted before. A quick 30 minute cruising around the 2012 elections section will give you a general idea of the kind of man Ron Paul is, what he believes in and why people believe in him.

Aside from this point, you can't just come out and say Ron Paul has been planted and 'this elections messiah/savior' he constantly gets downplayed by the media as unelectable but he does have support of the people. So how can ANYBODY say Ron Paul was chosen? when there are already obvious 'chosen ones'?
edit on 5-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Incorrect, Ron Paul as President has the one power that Obama has chosen not to exercise, the power to mobilize troops and remove them from bases and operations across the globe. He also has the power to veto anything that undermines the will of the people and the constitution.

He has also state he would NOT use executive orders to legislate but WOULD use executive orders to cancel previous E.O.s.
edit on 5-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join