It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retaliation to occupy wall street being a theater of the absurd.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+175 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I cannot believe the ignorance of that thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Below is a list of reasons why people are, and should be protesting.

1. Unemployment is skyrocketing.

The common laborer is being taken out by technology. Factories are becoming automated. Because of the financial crisis, most companies are working with only as many employees as they need, rather than hiring more. This causes the ones hired, to work very hard, expecting to put work first, before family. While they still have to live off food stamps. And they're supposed to think they're lucky for having a job? It's slavery. So people with these jobs should be protesting, and all the unemployed should be protesting. Thats a lot of people with some very serious problems with the government.

2.Bail outs.
Because the rich are rich, and the federal reserve system is acting like a shadow government, they can keep on printing money for themselves. All the rich, just bail themselves out. When they are low on money, they write themselves a check. This is detrimental to the entire economy, money made out of nothing, is exactly that. Without people having to earn that money, you're simply turning money back into what it really is, paper.

3. The social divide

With the above reason, this is also causing gap that is ever increasing between the classes. The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. This is causing people to live lives they do not want to live. For no reason at all. This is causing two parents, to have to work, full time, in order to raise their children. Which is causing a disconnection with family and loved ones. Work is becoming more important that going to your daughters recital, or your sons soccer game. This is not right, nor is it fair. Meanwhile, the rich continue living their lives, as if there is nothing out of the ordinary. They enjoy themselves, and pay no attention to the people that don't have it so well.

4. The education system
It sucks. Lotteries to get your children into a decent school, to having to pay huge amounts of cash just to get an education in your career choice. Then once you've gone through 7 years of school to become a doctor, you realize that everyone else did the same thing, so there is no jobs available. Go work at Mc donalds... which oh, everyone else is already trying to apply there too. Good luck. There is no point in even going to post secondary school anymore, puts you in more debt than you can handle, especially trying to pay it off with a mcdonalds salary. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, welcome to america.

5.Money, inflation, economy

Food, gas, supplies, and entertainment, is all skyrocketing. Anyone with a minimum wage job, is not going to get any enjoyment out of life, even if they are single. With the rising prices on everything, we can barely keep up with our bills. The dollar is becoming less and less valuable by the day, and the economy is showing no signs of that changing. There has been no economic growth to speak of, and when you look around the globe, this is not a local problem. But if you're rich, theres nothing wrong the economy, at all. Enjoy yourself.

6.Greed vs the worlds problems

There is poverty everywhere. People are starving and dying, and the worlds resources are being raped faster than we can thrust. We live in a world that is in a state of decline. All in the name of greed. The worlds problems could all be solved, if the rich, gave back to the poor. Rather than taking from them, and all their resources, there is plenty for everyone. If we would stop using oil, which is only used because of profit, that would solve several problems. But we will use oil until there is nothing left, because the only thing that matters in life, is money. Profit is more important than you. If we don't have a dollar sign over our head showing we are worth something of value, we are dismissed, and ignored. Nikola Tesla knew this. He tried to change the world, he knew there was way. But that way has been suppressed, truth has been supressed. All in the name of greed.

We live in a world of abundance, if we did things without profit in mind, everyone would have their fair share. A new system needs to be born. The monetary system is over. Forget all the old systems, no more isms, no more ists. How about a system of abundance, where there is no 1% and there is no 99%, but simply, a 100%.
edit on 3-10-2011 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Please add this to my thread Here because I completely agree with you !

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Nail struck squarely on the head.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
the question keeps roaming through my mind, how or what will it take for ALL people to be disobedient in a civil manner?

Sad that its a question of utilizing your rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

The more people that become affected, or wake up to that fact, the more people that will act.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Then it is a matter of emotions.

Wouldn't be surprise if an orchestrated SHTF moment happened to excelerate this whole thing. Call it a crash, call it terrorism, someones going to strike a nerve.

^^^not doom and gloom

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

Well thats just it. It is emotion. That is why these protests are picking up so much steam. Someone finally took the first step, and now everyone else is finally waking up to the fact that they have a voice, and they can do something about it. It is spreading like wildfire, because so many people are living lives they never wanted to live.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I frequent a financial message board and it is frequented by way too many right wing fools.

The way they see this occupy wall street protest is that Obama and the communists are making their move and that Glenn Beck called this type of protest happening all along.

It's unfortunate how misguided and misinformed these right winger are with regards to issue. Most people should support this protest. But unfortunately, a divided America cannot organize against the rich. The powers that be know it and are playing most Americans for their ignorance.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Cool, we have a "battle of the threads" 1 for and one against. Fascinating social experiment right here on ATS - the winner is the one which gets the most flags.

My vote goes to this thread - it makes sence, it tells thr truth, and conveys facts not opinion. Well done OP S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, there is no coherent theme or single line of thought to these protests save one:

The BS has gone far enough, and the time has come to do something about it.

Everyone has different priorities, different ideas about what the most pressing issues facing us may be. Anyone paying any attention at all should be able to come up with a staggering list of things that have gone on that are just plain wrong.

It's like the pressure has built up to the point where it must be released in some way. Whether or not everyone is on the same page as to what the main focus should be, the "fed up" point has been reached. That's what I think it is all about, and I am glad to see it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OP, the word you were looking for in the title is "reply" not "retaliate."

retaliate (rɪˈtælɪˌeɪt)
—vb
1. (intr) to take retributory action, esp by returning some injury or wrong in kind
2. (intr) to cast (accustations) back upon a person
3. rare (tr) to avenge (an injury, wrong, etc)

re·ply /rɪˈplaɪ/ [ri-plahy] -plied, -ply·ing, noun, plural -plies.
verb (used without object)
1. to make answer in words or writing; answer; respond: to reply to a question.
2. to respond by some action, performance, etc.: to reply to the enemy's fire.

3. to return a sound; echo; resound.
4. Law. to answer a defendant's plea.
verb (used with object)
5. to return as an answer (usually used in a negative combination or followed by a clause with that): Not a syllable did he reply. He replied that no one would go.
noun
6. an answer or response in words or writing.
7. a response made by some action, performance, etc.

"response" would also have been an appropriate choice, arguably more appropriate based on your op.

(sourced from dictionary.com)

edit on 3-10-2011 by 11andrew34 because: added source

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A system of abundance?

Hmmmm, we are 7 billion. If you want a fair and equal system i guarantee you will have to give up on a few things.

Work harder, study harder and don't party harder.

With the quantity of immigrants, if you want to be a slacker or get B- in school and hope to get a dream job.. well, think again. Theres a chineese that wont miss his chance at living in a ,somewhat, fair and equal system.

Oh and btw why NO ONE is mentioning the military industrial complex?
Its not ok to benefits from the system and be greedy, while NO ONE seems to remember the US are still in afghanistan, since 10 Fugging years. Its like, war is OK but greed is bad :\

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

2. to respond by some action, performance, etc.: to reply to the enemy's fire.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

There is more than enough resources for 7 billion people on this planet. Look around, most of the planet has unused land. This could be used to supply people. Rather than raping the resources, they could be rationalized, and distributed to everyone. We have the resources to do this, if the rich would stop raping them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I agree completely. These are the same things me and my boyfriend discuss day in and day out, though nobody bothers to care about any of it. And you are also completely right about Tesla. Of course the government wouldn't want his free energy system leaking out, then where would their precious money go? It's horrifying knowing what people would do for money and how if the price was high enough, they'd even take away a life. All anybody seems to think about anymore is money, their jobs, bills etc because that's all the government wants us to think about. They don't ever want us to have a free second because then we'd have time to think and we'd realize all the discrepancies and just plain wrongness that's going on in the world, especially behind closed doors. We know so little about everything, but the people who know just a little bit more are killed before they ever get the chance to spread the truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% cynical.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Absolutely agree. I was just talking to my mom about this tonight. She said it's about time that everyone woke up from the dream of getting rich. Because you can't there if you're not a part of the club!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

That's exactly right.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by eagleeye2

There is more than enough resources for 7 billion people on this planet. Look around, most of the planet has unused land. This could be used to supply people. Rather than raping the resources, they could be rationalized, and distributed to everyone. We have the resources to do this, if the rich would stop raping them.

What you need to remember is that it is the members of ATS, and everyone arround us who are the rich who are raping this planet. If you live in a house with electricity and clean running water you are richer than 70% of the worlds population. We are the problem. The top 1% certainly could contribute more and take less, and the wealth gap is worse not than ever, I agree. But it is us, the westerners, and to an increasing degree developing countries like China who are raping the planet. We are the rich people. We are to blame.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

You are right. However, nothing changes until the top 1% decide to change. We may be westerners and the bad guys, but there are 99% of us that would like to see peace and justice in this world. The top 1% don't allow this, they take take take. That is where the heart of the problem lies. Stop the elites, save the planet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join