It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly doesn't like the way his own Poll turned out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

www.billoreilly.com...

"If we take Paul and McCain out, what we have to do"

Cool story O'Rly.

I for one was watching the O'Reilly show when he asked us to go onto his site and vote in the poll. I did so within 2 minutes of him saying that, on my own free will ofc. I voted for Ron Paul. But O'Rly seems to think that Ron Paul paid me or asked me to go and vote for him. O'Rly thinks that me and a group of Ron Paul supporters got together and conspired to skew his poll. Let me assure you, that's not the case. I voted for Ron Paul on my own free will.

And what does he mean 'the Ron Paul people'? Isn't this a democratic society where you can choose whichever candidate you want without scrutiny? Do we call him the 'Conservative guy that is only biased to conservative politicians only'?

I know the media stooped to a all time low by ignoring Ron Pauls candidacy, when the media should be the one promoting the different candidate choices, but this has gotten a little disturbing. There's NO reason why the media shouldn't report on Ron Paul. The excuse "He's not going to win, so lets not even bother" is the poorest excuse I've ever heard.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Weathermen because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
PS They have to take Ron Paul and Cain out of the polling.

For a more accurate polling of course... Because it's a shutout when Paul is on the list

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Weathermen

That is so messed up. What the hell man? Openly manipulating the masses like this has got to be illegal. Or something. I'm emailing Fox and expressing my unbridled distaste for this whole thing.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This is actually the most blatant expression of obvious vote tampering ive ever seen...Part of me wonders if they don't pull this crap on the actual elections...

Ok so Ron Paul and Cain supporters do what they would do, which is vote for who they support whenever they get the chance...and somehow this SKEWS the results?!??!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

you know what skews results????? Taking canidates off the voting poll FOR ANY REASON!!! He just tried to set a precedent that it is suddenly ok to remove people from voting polls?

I mean he might as well had only Mitt Romney on his voting poll for christs sake its obviously the INTENTION behind that poll...

Guess what happens when we are "supposedly" electing a president, supporters FLOOD THE POLLS....why in this instance is that suddenly "not okay" or skewing the results??????

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

This is actually the most blatant expression of obvious vote tampering ive ever seen...Part of me wonders if they don't pull this crap on the actual elections...

I can see it now. Ron Paul wins in a landslide but because his supporters "Flooded the polls" we have to go with establishment loon Mitt Romney.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Even if this were true, and Cain and Paul instructed their constituents to "flood the polls" is that not what every other candidate is doing as well? Instructing their supporters to, you know, support them?

The propaganda machine is breaking down. People are starting to understand that they are misinformed, manipulated and coerced by these media muppets. It makes sense that the MSM would up their game, so to speak, and be more aggressive. This is an admission of that aggression.

Most of us probably remember FBI communications with local law enforcement agencies around the US telling them to be on the lookout for certain "red flags" that might help to identify "American extremists." You'll recall that certain political ideologies were on the list and, for example, people with Ron Paul bumper stickers could be potential terrorists.. What are they doing with all the IP addresses recorded in these online polls? Off topic, but the thought occurred to me while watching this video.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It looks like the MSM isn't even attempting to hide the spin and bias anymore. I remember a day when manipulation in media required a bit of cleverness -- perhaps some sleight of hand or a Jedi mind trick. It's being done so brazenly now that it's become laughable.

I wish there was a way to protest the media, but there are just WAY too many people in the USA that still believe everything they read or see on MSNBC and FoxNews. The MSM beast is entrenched.

On a side note, does anyone actually like Bill O'Reilly? I lean towards conservative views, but I can't stand the guy. The video in the OP is a great example of why.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. The Media makes sick to my stomach. He actually thinks candidates urging there supporters to be involved is rigging the poles. What a loser. ........

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Don't trust cyber space, remember to get all your NEWS from FOX because unlike cyber space FOX is fair and balanced and Bill O'Reilly is the voice of a nation.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
the media will go down also.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

DON'T FORGET IT'S THE NO-SPIN ZONE!!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is unacceptable.

What can we do about this?

So many people say, 'Oh just turn off your TV." Well sorry buddy, thats not going to work,as another member stated. TV has become ingrained into our daily lives. Insted we have to figure out a way of exposing their lies to the people.

I try and try to talk sense into friends and family. I dont try to sway them to Ron Paul or the likes. I just want them to actually pay attention. But its like talking to zombies when the conversation of opening their eyes, comes up.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, blatant bias and corruption right here. This is the type of mentality all other MSM sources and their corporate masters hold, except they're at-least a little more discreet about it. O'Reilly just flat out admits he removed 2 candidates from the poll because they had the majority vote. This is a new low for you Bill. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Has Bill O'Reilly become not a jackass? The man is irrelevent. Isn't this just another demonstration that he is seriously biased. Like the rest of Faux news. More made up news.

Really stop watching this nit. Maybe when his ratings go down they will cancel him. Just because the results don't agree with him, like TPTB he changes the rules to suit himself.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If you value human life and your country.....

Quit watching TV news.

They are paid to do what their money source says. There is NO independent news agency in America. None.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weathermen
PS They have to take Ron Paul and Cain out of the polling.

For a more accurate polling of course... Because it's a shutout when Paul is on the list

And why is that, do you think? Is it because a scientifically accurate cross-section of likely voters voted in this poll put up at random by a talking head? Or is it because the Ron Paul supporters were called out to vote in yet another useless straw poll? Ah, and it looks like Cain is on a roll, too. Same reason.

Yes those who support the other candidates COULD do the same thing, rush to every straw poll put up, vote for their guy, and bask in the belief they made a difference, but, then they're mostly grown-us who realize this is just stupid juvenile behavior.

The fact is that when you DO conduct a scientific poll of likely voters, Paul is a consistent "ten percenter.' He consistently polls about ten percent, sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under. It is a very loyal and consistent fan base, but to pretend his support is overwhelming is sheer folly on the part of his supporters. Paul supporters are delusional. When they lose again they will, of course, blame everyone but themselves for the loss only they are responsible for.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I can agree that Paul will most likely not win the nomination, and that he is usually around 10%-15% of the overall vote, but do you think its fair to call his supporters delusional?

Many people, such as many of us on ATS, look for the cadididate that is willing to actually say things we agree with,and are very passionate about Ron Paul. They are only trying to get their guy on the ballot. I think to call RP supporters delusional is a take on the propaganda tactics that are used to discredit conspiracy theorists.

So while I can agree with some of what your saying, I think your tactics lack understanding.

That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm starting to get worried. When I can, I vote for Paul on the polls... I'm in no way a fanatical person when it comes to Paul, just a supporter. I will vote from him regardless of how his campaign turns out... I'm worried that the ptb see him as a threat, and will do anything in their power to stop him, minus death (which could possibly cause a riots, protests, civil war). To see how far the TPB will go, has anyone thought about the odd results from Florida's straw poll?

Does any one else feel fishy about Cain's straw poll results in Florida? He received Paul's numbers. I almost feel as if Cain's win was given to him, and it was really Paul's numbers (as pointed out by every poll). To me, Cain is just another corporate shill.

I wouldn't put it past him. On a recent late night show (Jay Leno), Cain went as far to call Paul a, "Grumpy Old man." Yes, I know a minor slight (the only negative given to other Republican runners), but shows his true intent and disconnect with Americans.

thehill.com...

His remarks on Paul, just show me that he's in with "in crowd" and would not be below hijacking a straw poll...

edit on 2-10-2011 by squidboy because: n/a

edit on 2-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Its the MSM that is delusional. They hope everyone is in their other world experience with them. When are people going to unplug like I have. The more you are away from their lies and propaganda the easier it is to see it when you just happen to be exposed to it. My son tried to watch a program on the History channel and it was so out there with bs we had to turn it off. There are only about 2 shows I watch and then seldom. I read where someone said break your tv's I am beginning to understand why they said that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think much more can be achieved if Paul & Cain supporters simply boycott "The O'Reilly Factor" and products/services that are advertised during "O'Reilly Factor" commercial breaks. I mean hit Bill's pocketbook and we'd probably learn soon enough just how principled he is or is not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join