It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got a "virus blocked" warning from my antivirus from the Canadian thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not trying to fool anyone but I was reading the thread about the protests spreading to Canada and my AVG antivirus popped up saying a threat was blocked. Just want to warn people about that and maybe get the attention of a MOD to investigate.

Not going to provide a link to the thread because I dont want to expose my computer to that again. Sorry

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Sounds like a keystroke logger
edit on 6/25/2011 by Warpthal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by Gwampo

Sounds like a keylogger.

What about it sounds like a keylogger? He hasn't provided enough information for anyone to make any judgement.
Why don't you learn what you're talking about, before you make yourself look like an ass?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Most likely a false positive....my avg flags up stuff all the time that i know is safe.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

AVG is a crappy antivirus IMHO. I have no message with ESS.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I would suggest you run a Malware scan on your system , Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is very good and free .
If you don't find anything someone may have tried to hack you , are you running a firewall ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I use Avast and I got a website blocked warning twice here on ATS since yesterday. Once last night and once this morning. I don't think it was the same post but truthfully I don't remember which one it was last night. Something here is triggering it. It's not instant either. I was on the post reading for sometime before it flagged me.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I got Malicious URL blocked message sometime ago, by the truly awesome Avast anti virus.
It was a long URL. Most likely from some ads, not from ATS server itself. I am not getting any such messages now.

edit on 2-10-2011 by cybernetic_dude because: more information

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've had malicious stuff blocked from link sent in a private u2u, oddly enough..or maybe not so odd, from a member who had been banned but supposedly could still read and send private messages.

I'm not sure what sort of malicious software actually has gotten through.. considering the amount of surfing I do on this site..and sometimes I just get a bad feeling about a file , and don't open it....and it doesn't mean I'm right about it.. but my paranoia is based on a reality that there are those out there willing to do what it takes..to get what they want.

Nothing came up for me on the Canadian thread..by the way... but that doesn't mean that nothing was there..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There's an outbreak many have already been infected ...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Many viruses now have timers on them.

Your AV will not see them till they are activated.(exe)

If everytime a virus tried to load from a site the site would get ether complaints and remove the offending virus.
or would be reported as a attack site.

By putting a delay on the virus executing for hours, days, or weeks they have the source of the virus and other sites get the blame.

Some viruses from china are two part both are benign but will seek a update later. this auto update may happen later with out the computer owner even knowing its happening,
The two parts combined are the virus but many AV programs that check for incoming viruses will never see a two part virus as it becomes a virus after passing screening by the AV.

These can get into your computer and steal your data before your computer AV does its daily scan for viruses that got by the check of incoming data. or it may turn off your anti virus program

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I got my first virus warning on ATS today on the L.A. thread. Odd. Running Malwarebytes and the rest.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I use Avast and I got a website blocked warning twice here on ATS since yesterday. Once last night and once this morning. I don't think it was the same post but truthfully I don't remember which one it was last night. Something here is triggering it. It's not instant either. I was on the post reading for sometime before it flagged me.

Ha nothing to worry just the CIA or the NSA looking in to see what your up too

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybernetic_dude
I got Malicious URL blocked message sometime ago, by the truly awesome Avast anti virus.
It was a long URL. Most likely from some ads, not from ATS server itself. I am not getting any such messages now.

edit on 2-10-2011 by cybernetic_dude because: more information

yeah, I think that's the error message I got

top topics

join