It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hinckley Jr to be RELEASED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

www.cnn.com

The government mental hospital where John Hinckley Jr. has spent most of the last 30 years since he shot and tried to kill President Ronald Reagan is asking a federal court to allow Hinckley's eventual release
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I was barely a baby when Hinckley tried to impress a girl by killing Regan, (obviously because you know us girls get turned on by strange men we have never met acting like a psycho) But I have seen over the last few years the conspiracy chatter about government mind control, Reagan not really being shot, Hinckley being a hitman for the government, and even the Bush connection stuff.

Now, the people responsible for Hinckley's sanity are saying "He is Sane" and "Ready to be part of society".

You know, walking along beside you as you stroll to the market for some bread. Lurking in the parking lot as you struggle to load the groceries, etc.

Now, I am all for second, and sometimes even third chance's, But crazy is crazy. Crazy doesn't go away. Never completely. Not even with meds. (Just ask my mother. She will be the one lurking next to John,)

Seriously though. I can remember all my dad ever had to say about Hinckley is He will NEVER get out. Apparently though, He has already gotten out. As the Hospital and court records state "He has over the last few years been released several times on week or more visits."

SO my question is to all the more mature members who remember this event, What do you think of Him being released and should we reevalute any of that (imo) "doesn't hold water" conspiracy chatter about him?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
yeah, but the girl he was trying to impress was Jodi Foster. so it's not like he's gonna go all psycho on a nobody for a nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

Yeah, when I was a kid, I remember not really understanding what was happening to him. I was 8 when the shooting occurred, and this was first event of its kind that shook for a minute. If indeed it was an event....

I think it wasn't until my late teens that it dawned on me that this man is still alive... and in my 20's I first heard he'd one day get out.

My feeling is that he won't do more to attract attention once out.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hey, take a pot-shot at the President of the U.S. and it's okay to get out of jail. I mean seriously, it's not that BIG a deal!

However, if you (allegedly) shoot an off-duty police officer and you have the majority of jurists reverse their decision to impose the death penalty on you plus have lots of world leaders denounce the conviction, well then so sorry about that [snip]. We're going to inject deadly poison into your veins and kill you and that's just okey-dokey.

Pfffffttt!

God how I love our legal system!
edit on 2-10-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
well,
can't be worse than having the psycho's creating illegal wars for profit.
he took a shot at the pres.
they kill millions.

lesser of two evils imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I wonder what Jodi Foster thinks. She was the girl he was trying to impress.

That said, I mean... If they feel he is stable and sane enough and he has been getting let out for certain amounts of time anyway, I say, let him be.

I do want him to be closely monitored to ensure that he does take his meds and stays on track though...

If he shows any signs of trouble... He needs to be sent back immediately.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yes i remember Hinkely.I also remember people in the music store i was in cheering when news of the shooting came over the station playing.Instead of a political reason Hinkely said he shot the prez to impress Jodi foster!Nutcase and probly still is,imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

hinckley was deemed unfit to stand trial -by reason of insanity so could not be legally executed

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The second shooter didn't do any time.
Seems only fair Hickley gets out,
You do realize that the day before the assassination attempt there was a FEMA governmental succession drill and that Hinckley was a friend of the Bush's?
Boy,,those strange coincidences, huh?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
CIA brainwashing aside, the Hinkster should do just fine as long as the good doctors passed on the rumor that Jodie Foster isn't into dudes.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Jodi needs to make a movie and use him as a prop!

I wonder if her choice of scripts were not reflective of the nature of having to deal with a lunatic?

If Hinckley came within 100 feet of this woman, no jury on Earth would convict her if she took him out! No Way!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

wasnt that the premise of " i spit on your grave " ??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Ouch! I just read the wiki-page on that one and I am so thankful I missed it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No way was this just another nutty lone gunman;

dagmar.lunarpages.com...
--Judy Woodruff, reporting for NBC News Special Reports, immediately after the assassination attempt, insisted that at least one shot came from an overhang over Reagan's limousine. Woodruff later reported that the shot came from a Secret Service agent who was stationed on the overhang, which one researcher dubbed "the Bushy Knoll." According to this researcher, if a sniper were positioned on the "Bushy Knoll," he would have had a clear shot at Reagan along the exact angle at which the bullet entered his body.

From the video of the incident and picturesof the shooting
www.killtown.911review.org...
--Reagan's limousine was not parked right in front of the entrance, as it should have been and normally was, but was parked 30 feet further away, which caused Reagan to be exposed as he walked to the car.

en.wikipedia.org...
--While the Secret Service extensively screened those attending the president's speech, in a "colossal mistake" the agency allowed an unscreened group to stand within 15 feet of him, behind a rope line....

Attributed to ex-White House aide and author Barbara Honneger
--White House correspondent Sarah McClendon reported that Reagan's Secret Service retinue wasn't in its "usual tight formation" around Reagan in front of the Hilton.

www.youtube.com...=84
--President Reagan said he felt nothing at the time of the shooting, but felt a great amount of pain when his secret service agent jumped on top of him in the limo a second later, causing him to initially think the agent had broken a rib. Because of this, some have suggested this agent was the one who fired the near fatal bullet to Reagan's chest. As it was, the armored door of the President's limo stood between Hinckley and his target, which forced the researchers to conclude the bullet had ricocheted from the door frame, or the roof, into Reagan.

www.ez-websites.com...
--Though the President's limo took off immediately for the five minute ride to the hospital, and the other three wounded were bundled into ambulances five minutes later, all the three wounded arrived at George Washington University Hospital 15 minutes before the President. What happened in those 20 missing minutes? The Secret Service would only say, "We got lost."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My view is that there is first a fine line between killing someone and genuinely trying to kill them. That line is defined on whether the victim died or lived. Whether that should have an ounce of bearing on how the crime is treated, is often a point of debate.

Hinkley obviously tried to kill Reagan. And politics aside (guffaw!), that fine line is even harder to see.

My personal view is that for this act, he should remain in custody until the day he dies of whatever causes awaits him. The same would apply to anyone who tried to kill anyone and failed only by the grace of God or because their action wasn't as effective as they had intended.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I'm not too worried about the ol' gal. She's a bad man.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just keep him away from stray copies of 'Silence of the lambs' and 'Contact' and we won't have any problems.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hinckley has project monarch written all over him.

Mind controlled assassins, prepared to put people in their places. I don't acknowledge theories about RR not being shot, but I do believe he was attacked to send a message that he can be touched anywhere. A non violent version of this in modern times is the incident where the two people that were not invited to an event went to greet President Obama. Just like that, two unidentified people strolled past the secret service casually, and was within striking distance of the president.

Follow the protocol, and you will be fine. Disobey, and you will end up like Kennedy, with half of your head hanging off like something you'd see on a butcher's work table.

The business is dirty.
edit on 2-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join