It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests On Wall Street!! Where's The MSM?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have been trying to follow the protests on Wall Street and I can't be the only one to notice
that it seems to be a little hard to do. I am following all of the links I can, watching all of the youtube videos I can, and all I can say is THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET!!!!
Also, thank GOD for independant media and yes.....even.....FACEBOOK!

Is it just me or is there a staggering neglect of coverage on this VERY important event????

I usually get what little Mainstream news I consume from CNN and Drudge.
Am I just missing it?
I am watching CNN right now and all I have seen all day is coverage on MICHAELMOTHERFRIGGINJACKSONS
MOTHERFRIGGINDOCTOR!!!!

All I have seen for the past 3 months is one court case after another!
I have to doublecheck sometimes to makes sure my wife didn't turn the channel to Court T.V.!!

If you were ever in doubt about whether or not our Media has been bought and paid for,
this should wake your ass up a little.
This is just blatant.
I personally feel that the MSM has finally outed themselves for what they truely are.
Money grubbing,mass appeal,fodder for the masses,Corporate owned, Government controlled WHORES!

If I am missing all of the MSM coverage on this will somebody throw a brutha a link??
Please share all the links you have.
Let this thread be a clearing house for links on this subject!!
I am linking every link I find on FB and I would ask you to do the same if you have a FB account.
If you don't.....Who can blame you?
But I will say it has been one of the sources I have had to keep current on this.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

you aren't missing anything but lame attempts at ridicule portraying the entire effort as a "disorganized hippie pow-wow"..

The MSM won't be your source. Stay on youtube where there are amateur reporters constantly posting videos. I'd also follow twitter, and the occupywallst facebook page and website. the MSM is being..... well, they're being the MSM as usual. lol

ETA: and I'm DAMN tired of that DAMN doctor!! Just jail him for wanted to drug any human that bad, let him out, and keep him off the DAMN TV!!
edit on 1-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You're right. But then the media reports what they are told to. And anything that portrays the banksters in anything but glory gets neglected. RT is about the only channel that has been covering it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

All the real coverage is independent.. follow #occupywallstreet and #ows to catch the occasional link.
The mainstream news has only briefly mentioned it and it's all lies.
CNN is severely misreporting the number of protestors and the number of arrested.

There are also growing movements across the US and Canada. Oct 15 in Canada. LA and Boston already started.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
From what I under stand there isnt really any. I belive they think that if they treat it like ron paul people wont hear about it or automatically have a bad view of it. Hanity demonised them but thats all i've see so far.

link   
I can't tell by your post if your already viewing this or not...

www.livestream.com...

That's the LIVE stream from the people there on the ground. It's the most extensive footage you will find.

edit on 1-10-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's some brooklyn bridge footage. Looks like some huge numbers.

www.wearechange.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

About 400 people from the Occupy Wall Street protest movement have been arrested on New York City's Brooklyn Bridge, police say.

Those arrested were part of a larger group crossing the bridge from Manhattan, where they have been camped out near Wall Street for two weeks.

Some of the protesters entered the bridge's roadway where they were met by a large police presence and detained.

The loosely-organised group is protesting against corporate greed.

They say they are defending 99% of the US population against the wealthiest 1%.

Occupy Wall Street called for 20,000 people to "flood into lower Manhattan" on 17 September and remain there for "a few months".

Several hundred remain camped at Zuccotti Park, a privately owned area of land not far from Wall Street.

Finally making it into the major headlines on the bbc website.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Here's some - Huffington Post seems to be following it:
Occupy DC
Manhattan Ongoing Protest

...and my personal favorite, their first official statement, of which I agree with pretty much every complaint listed!
Official Statement

I wasn't taking them too seriously at first, but things are looking much more promising now.

edit on 1-10201110-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added reference to source.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

They start winding up the subject slowly. NYT moved pretty fresh article to the main page, good stuff. NBC are basically smearing protesters and try to skim things a bit (they wrote that protests have something to do with bad threating minorities especially Muslims).
CNN got tiny article, which is more like press-statement from NY police.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
UK here - I've been waiting to hear anything over here on the news, and finally they are reporting the 400 arrests, together with a little background. Telling that the media don't report on the peaceful side of the protest for weeks and then as soon as there are some (unnecessary) arrests they suddenly decide that we should know about it.

Reporter on BBC world service just ended his report by saying Tahrir Square on the Hudson this isn't! Wonder what the moniker for this protest will be if it gets bigger more widespread - the American Autumn perhaps, or more likely the Financiers (Down) Fall.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
September 30 edition of Fox News' Hannity

Here is the video.

mediamatters.org...

What a ______!!!!

www.rawstory.com...

If a tea party group has a protest, Fox News is very happy to present coverage for that event. But if a protest has anything to do with “liberal views,” the network certainly doesn’t share the same eager glee.

In the midst of a Hannity segment Friday evening that criticized and mocked the Occupy Wall Street protests, The Five co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle denigrated the now two week protestors as being virtually useless.

“It’s Woodstock meets burning man meets people with absolutely no purpose or focus in life,” she said. “They have nothing but free time to be down there, they make up a slogan or cause as they go along, and they’re just looking to go out there and dirty the streets. And they really don’t have any idea of what they’re doing there.”

edit on 1-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Try and look at the positive, in a way its good that they are not reporting on it. Many people view alternative news such as ATS and will find out about it. Those that dont might hear about it from a friend and all the others really does not matter to much because they probably do not care in the first place. The main stream media would just spout out a bunch of propaganda creating 2 sides and making division. It all so shows that this protest was most likely not planned out by our government. They do not have their thugs their to vandalize and they do not have their riot teams. If the media started reporting on it then they would have their thugs their and "anarchist".

You be the media man, tell all your friends. Try and make conversation with strangers to get the word out. Its a protest in NYC, largest city in the USA, most the people their know whats going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.bbc.co.uk...

About 400 people from the Occupy Wall Street protest movement have been arrested on New York City's Brooklyn Bridge, police say.

Those arrested were part of a larger group crossing the bridge from Manhattan, where they have been camped out near Wall Street for two weeks.

Some of the protesters entered the bridge's roadway where they were met by a large police presence and detained.

The loosely-organised group is protesting against corporate greed.

They say they are defending 99% of the US population against the wealthiest 1%.

Occupy Wall Street called for 20,000 people to "flood into lower Manhattan" on 17 September and remain there for "a few months".

Several hundred remain camped at Zuccotti Park, a privately owned area of land not far from Wall Street.

Finally making it into the major headlines on the bbc website.

Originally posted by JBA2848
September 30 edition of Fox News' Hannity

mediamatters.org...

“It’s Woodstock meets burning man meets people with absolutely no purpose or focus in life,” she said. “They have nothing but free time to be down there, they make up a slogan or cause as they go along, and they’re just looking to go out there and dirty the streets. And they really don’t have any idea of what they’re doing there.”

What a ______!!!!

These are grate examples of why you dont want the media to report on it. Woodstock and burning man? Only 400 people? Ha the people that are awake know those numbers and propaganda is fake. Some say any publicity is good publicity, but the people that are going to be reading this and think its true are the people that are not "awake". Those are the people that we need to focus on. So forget the main stream misconstruing facts and blatantly ling. For those that are mad at the media dont be your supposed to get angry that they lie. If you wernt then they would not be so infront of your face about it.
edit on 1-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
follow this youtube channel

libertyplazarev

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There really isn't much MSM coverage to speak of. And when it is covered it is downplayed and put through the spin cycle. The internet is the place to look. It's sad to say it, but I was just listening to tonight's ATS live show and even our own ATS hosts are calling the protesters "rude, disorganized, pimply-faced punks". Also saying how the protesters were being arrested for not having a permit to protest.- HUH? It is our right and also our duty to protest when we are being oppressed. You do not need to have a permit to protest, that is the whole point. It reminds me of the "designated free speech zones".
The livestream links other members posted seem to be the best way to keep up to date as well as youtube. This thing needs to keep picking up steam so MSM will eventually have to cover it. More protests are popping up in major cities all over the country, and more are being planned in the coming weeks. I hope the weather stays mild for everyone out on the street, it will encourage more people to stay.
I may be joining them in Manhattan next week after I take care of some personal business.
Anyone who can show support is greatly appreciated.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

No Screwed, it isn't just you, I noticed the very same thing earlier, though what did we expect eh?

It is logical that the MSM, being corporate will be on the other side of the fence, but I, like you, thought that there must be some MSM that report on it, I only found Russia Today out of the significant news networks.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sources I see are. And thats using this site ith the search term Occupy Wall Street.

www.newsnow.co.uk...

www.dailykos.com...

www.rawstory.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
RT is about the only news channel I watch -

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
MSNBC actually reported the truth about the police violence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join