It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying ads on ATS that cover the tabs at the top of the page and don't allow you to click on the

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
Since there is no membership fees to join this forum, I know ads are important to keep the forum running. I can deal with the Gigantic ads on the sides and in the middle of the pages, but I just find it a little annoying when the ads cover the tabs at the top of the page for "Home, New topics, Hot topics, myATS, etc" and there is no option to close the ad so you can click on the tab behind it. I found that one way around this is to click back on your browser until you get to a page where there was no ad or click refresh. I don't think covering parts of the page where we are supposed to click on in order to navigate within the site will generate more revenue, if anything it might piss people off and have them stop coming on here.

Anybody else notice this ? it just started happening recently, maybe within the past week or so and it's a little annoying ?

It can cause them to break the T&C by installing ad removing plugins or using progams that block certain ip ranges known to be from advertising companies.

I still do not see how this should break the T&C because the code to send the advert is still being sent it is just being blocked at the receiving end.

It would only be an issue if someone who would otherwise be inclined to click on an advert, was not able to - something I doubt a person who is blocking adverts is likely to so in the first place.

But having said that, I don't remember the last time I saw an advert like you suggest, unless I was not logged in.

Logging in, ususally ensures it's just bollocky bank ads and free game ads.. none of which I am inclined to click on.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am using my IPad 2 to look around here and except for the odd advert at the top of the page, I don't see anything else advert wise. Maybe it has some sort of ad blocker built in?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join