It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world does not have to end

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Now what are you talking about, Armageddon?
You seem to have a fascination with the apocalyptic.
Everything else is just a blur, so you cut through it all and go right to where now nothing matters, and then you are justified in not going to all that trouble. Really cool.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Of course the world as we know it must End because if it dont we can never have a new heaven or earth. This world will ends; just like with noah or after the temptation of Job when GOD restored all 10 fold. However just like in Job when he gave his daughters their inheritance just like he gave the Sons, the USA will have do the same for Me as Satan, sent back by GOD and the Son who told you I would come in his name, aka Mrs. Jesus Christ and he just like Adam only gets one wife.

reply to post by dudeguyman

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

. . .must End because if it dont we can never have a new heaven or earth.
That comes from Revelation, which is figurative and not to be take literally.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Says who? Each and Every word of the Bible shall be fulfilled and Id Take that litterly if I were you. Or else Heaven and Earth shall not pass away; as Jesus Christ said..... Funny how the only think men want to take litterly is Gen. 3:16 which gave them dominion over women when at first it was given to both of them. How about this one; the Queen of the South shall rise up in the day of Judgment and Condenm men for their idle words they used, and have ignored for far too long.

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . .must End because if it dont we can never have a new heaven or earth.
That comes from Revelation, which is figurative and not to be take literally.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrsJesusChrist
Says who? Each and Every word of the Bible shall be fulfilled and Id Take that litterly if I were you. Or else Heaven and Earth shall not pass away; as Jesus Christ said..... Funny how the only think men want to take litterly is Gen. 3:16 which gave them dominion over women when at first it was given to both of them. How about this one; the Queen of the South shall rise up in the day of Judgment and Condenm men for their idle words they used, and have ignored for far too long.

That's a mighty sharp sword you are using my sister.

Keep on preachin on!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Funny how the only think men want to take litterly is Gen. 3:16 which gave them dominion over women. . .
Apparently you have never read my posts where I talk about how I translate that verse.
My understanding of the Hebrew is that it says that their children will not want to be under the rule of Adam, and so will go off to create their own nations, far away from them.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you my brother, and like the one Lady Justice hold; this double edge sword will be used to cut man back to the bone where I came from. This is what happens when you only have part KNOWLEDGE but the scripture says one day the mystery will be revealed. Or in other words Man needs to KNOW, NOW, the NO, LEDGE, OR EDGE of the S/Word they Stand up On or Up Under. Beside that; its time for Woman to receive their In Heritance like in Job; or A (Her It Age) to begin

reply to post by IAMIAM

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thank you my brother, and like the one Lady Justice hold; this double edge sword will be used to cut man back to the bone where I came from. This is what happens when you only have part KNOWLEDGE but the scripture says one day the mystery will be revealed. Or in other words Man needs to KNOW, NOW, the NO, LEDGE, OR EDGE of the S/Word they Stand up On or Up Under. Beside that; its time for Woman to receive their In Heritance like in Job; or A (Her It Age) to begin

reply to post by IAMIAM

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

I long for the days when woman is free to be a woman and be equal. This competition has turned them into men, which they must be, in order to survive. Gone is the compassion from the world found in the nurturing love of a mother. Cursed are the eyes who cannot see the purity of a virgin in those who bring forth life into this world.

So, show them the wrath my sister!

I won't stand in your way.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Did you ever see the movie "Hancock?" Well I contend as the Bible and our Declaration of Independence says; Yes GOD did make man 1st and all men are created equal; but woman created 2nd by God were creater greater and better because We are the Beta to the Alpha. This just means Woman is Double You (W) as an alpha male. I dont recall the scripture you sited but I know for a fact all female are born Virgins; and then for some reason end up being called by men after they got what they want; the Mother of Harlots. For some reason, I am thinking about Balaam mule or sheass as the bible says and what the Angel of Death said to him; about Man's ways being preverse and how he would Save that Black Sheass or Democratic Symbol Alive.

Be Well & Peace out

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

I long for the days when woman is free to be a woman and be equal. This competition has turned them into men, which they must be, in order to survive. Gone is the compassion from the world found in the nurturing love of a mother. Cursed are the eyes who cannot see the purity of a virgin in those who bring forth life into this world.

So, show them the wrath my sister!

I won't stand in your way.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 06/27/2011 by 1MrsJesusChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Now what are you talking about, Armageddon?

Well, while speculating on the future (which all of us are doing in this thread), I tend to lean towards an apocalyptic scenario in the end times... involving war, collapse of empires etc. But not in the way that christians believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

So you just had an inspiration, completely independent of any religious teaching, that an apocalypse will happen?
That's understandable enough, where we seem to historically always have wars and collapses of empires and nothing new about that except advances in technology where we can have higher kill rates. Also we are in the process of filling the earth with radioactive material, apparently in an attempt at leaving behind a dead planet.
My point to you would be, look at a couple of posts directly above your own and ask yourself if that is the kind of god you want. You probably already have and rejected it, well, so do I. Why believe in a god who wants total death, when we are already doing the exact same thing? I want a god better than us.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

My point to you would be, look at a couple of posts directly above your own and ask yourself if that is the kind of god you want. You probably already have and rejected it, well, so do I. Why believe in a god who wants total death, when we are already doing the exact same thing? I want a god better than us.

I dont believe that God wants total death for mankind... but I do believe that war was decreed for humankind, which explains millenia of war.
So perhaps God will use mans own warlike nature as a means to get man to settle things between themselves.. and thus shape the conclusion of human history.
edit on 4-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Father does not look at death as we look at death. Man has this notion that if God kills all of mankind its a bad thing. Man will go onto live in the new Earth. A new beginning without corruption. If it takes death to get there, how is it a bad thing? Wouldn't you want a better world than what you already are living in. One without worrying about bills and getting sick. He promises you something far greater if you just believe. What do you have to lose by following the way he has paved?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Could be.
I just don't see preaching that God and Jesus is just like us is productive and I think it is the work of our enemy.
What we need is to accept a Jesus attitude that if they kill one (people like JFK, Martin Luther King, John Lennon, who actually make sense, get assassinated), God will raise another (each of us), until the message gets out that the wars need to stop. Instead, we have religions only pretending to believe in Jesus preaching righteous war. That is the ant-christ and they will end up in the proverbial lake of fire but most likely something completely different than that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I agree here, many in the church will preach on how they are like us but they are different. In the very beginning, and I'm not talking about Earths beginning, it was only God and the angels. Man came much later.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Man has this notion that if God kills all of mankind its a bad thing.
No, I have a notion that teaching an evil, murderous, genocidal God is the work of the enemy of mankind.
I believe you are teaching foolishness and are our enemy, too, just my opinion.
A "New World" is a make-believe philosophy based on people trying to make Revelation literal.
There is no teaching of us going off to a new world and leaving behind this one, outside of Revelation which is an allegory.
edit on 4-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Awen24

Ah, yes. You're right, "Jesus never makes any sort of analogy..." regarding the Bride/Groom scenario... so the parable of the ten virgins is... what, an epic misprint?
Nothing like what you were talking about, otherwise you would be quoting it, rather than employing sarcasm. I did some google searching and did not find a page where people promoting your philosophy quote the NT.

So in order to find out what I believe, you went to google?
Hardly seems to make sense, I'm right here...

As for employing sarcasm, give me a break, it's all I have

Seriously though, in terms of the philosophy I'm stressing... what I'm saying is that the End Times are characterised by a falling away, and not by some great return to Christianity and the establishment of Christ's Kingdom on earth (which, from what I've seen, is what you believe, correct me if I'm wrong). I've just recently read through all of the minor prophets in the OT, and bar a few minor exceptions (Habakkuk, for one), they all constantly reiterate the same thing; Israel's disperson, Israel's reunification (1948), and Christ's return. Where these topics are addressed (sometimes addressed multiple times, e.g. Isaiah, which follows this threefold pattern repeatedly), they all, without fail, refer to Christ having to PLACE HIS ENEMIES UNDER HIS FEET... and NOT to a world where Christ's dominion has been established prior to his return. Quite the opposite; Christ and His armies fight epic battles prior to the establishment of His Throne in Jerusalem (Zion).

For more evidence of these things, see Joel 2 and Daniel 7. These chapters show amazing disorder prior to Christ's return, and Christ's dissolution of the systems of this world, respectively. Again, not showing order or established dominion prior to His return. If you need some NT evidence for this, look at Matthew 24, where Christ Himself states that because things are SO BAD, "the love of many will grow cold".

Pretty simple stuff, really.

Face reality, face the truth as expressed in Scripture. This world is going to hell in a handbasket... and just when it looks like we can't handle any more... the rapture will occur... and then it really WILL be hell on earth, for seven years, as the world suffers God's wrath. Then, and only then, will Christ return and establish His reign in truth, peace and justice, from Zion.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I have the Book, Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why by Bart D. Ehrman, which I think I bought 2 years ago at the request of some atheist and agnostic people on another skeptical forum because I was overly-defending scripture and they thought me very naive.
Pthena was writing about something he read in another of Bart's books, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them). I downloaded the Kindle version from Amazon. After reading that, I became interested in two more of his books and downloaded, The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture: The Effect of Early Christological Controversies on the Text of the New Testament, and
Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are.
The last one is about something I am keenly interested in and another subject I was clued into by more skeptical people on that other forum (not ATS). Where I was asked to describe the god attributes of the pre-incarnate Jesus, and they rejected practically all of it, based on the non-genuineness of nature the books I was quoting from. I never heard of such a thing, so I did some searching on Amazon and ended up buying a book, Colossians As Pseudepigraphy, Mark Christopher Kiley.
The point of all of this, is we have this philosophy about the "end times" based on the highly suspicious book, 2 Thessalonians. I just got the Forged book last night and am trying to get through it without skipping around but hope to get to something on that book in question, later today. I was never brought up believing in the King James as the only "real" Bible, but was told that somehow God protected the Bible from being completely done away with. I did not take from that there not being the possibility that there were books in there that did not belong. Luckily for me I was in a forward thinking denomination which was careful to point out that we do not currently know everything there is to know and that we need to be prepared for that new information when it is revealed. I would include in that, this thing I just downloaded and am currently examining.
So here is what I am considering where the end times are being scrutinized as it is portrayed in the New Testament, the purely allegorical nature of Revelation, and the purely fraudulent nature of 2 Thessalonians.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Seriously though, in terms of the philosophy I'm stressing... what I'm saying is that the End Times are characterised by a falling away, and not by some great return to Christianity and the establishment of Christ's Kingdom on earth (which, from what I've seen, is what you believe, correct me if I'm wrong).
I was brought up a Seventh Day Adventist, which is I guess to label it, pre-millennial, post-tribulation rapture eschatology. This is what I have always held up to at least two weeks ago. I have taken a much harder look at what all that is based on, including what the individual Greek words mean, and I have come away not believing any of it. I think the end of the world was just as Jesus said it would be, which was when he was crucified. The end of what was prophesied, maybe more approprietly. Like I said, this way of looking at it is new to me and I don't have it all worked out yet or even know how to define it, other than maybe, Amillennialism, something I need to look into.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeguyman

Do you think the sun will keep shinning forever? one day it will supernova.
edit on 4-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join