It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America Debit Fees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
All banks will be doing this, even Wells Fargo. They also be cutting their lobby hours down.

EDIT - Referring to charging for debit transactions.
edit on 30-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Their stock (BofA) is down 2.2% today, and down 42% overall for the quarter.
Geez, you would think their stockholders would get the message that things are not going very well for those at the top making the decisions! So much for customer service, and putting the customer first!

Here's an idea...we all pool our money and form our own bank or credit union! F**k wall street!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My husband and I has never banked with BofA but unfortunately our mortgage was under Countrywide and now is under BofA not of our doing, also our car loan fell under them after we bought it, also not of our doing.

I was able to get into our account, but it does have an apology text about having problems with the site.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

True!
When PayPal was hacked, did they send out letters to customers? I never got one, but I wasn't that active on PayPal when the breach occured.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by cerebralassassins

True!
When PayPal was hacked, did they send out letters to customers? I never got one, but I wasn't that active on PayPal when the breach occured.

They sent emails and they did something even better, transactions were delayed , you know what i mean the didtial delay time.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ha hahahahaha F..them

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Online banking is available and working though the site seems slow.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Online banking is available and working though the site seems slow.

avoid it...trust me on this one...then again i could be wrong...lol..reminds me of the apple mac virus alert...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up on this. I didn't even hear about this until today on ATS.

I will be transferring my funds today and closing my accounts.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It is still down for me here in Missouri.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been telling everyone I know to move their cash from banks to credit unions. Got a few to commit to switching. Now if the populace will follow suite we can really make a statement!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whew!!! I'm so glad I paid my bills online yesterday rather than putting it off to the last minute like I usually do.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hmmm... take down the website so nobody can pay their bills. They get hammered with late fees, then the $5 doesn't seem so bad!

JT

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I'm in GA and got logged into my account but then when I tried to select an account to view I got the Internal Server Error message. Slowness wasn't my problem at all. Clicked right on through to the error msg. lol

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I heard on twitter that Platinum & Premium accounts are exempt.

Can anyone confirm?

SO typical, that.

I don't know why anyone would do business with them.
They made me be fingerprinted to cash one of their checks - that they had already called and verified!!!

Having me on video tape and me showing 2 forms of ID was not enough for them.
I read that they even tried to require fingerprints of a guy that didn't have hands one time.

They were trying to rope me into opening an account with them. NO freaking way.
I love my credit union but to be honest, I never, ever saw what was so wrong with CASH.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
theyve gotten away (collectively) with bloody murder over the years, esp mortgage scam where they reposess your home after you pay down on ur house (see ytube vids)

its weird how much trust we have to put in where we save our money, they have access to ALL our personal info including security q's that help hack other accounts at other banks when they go under

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The international banksters are finished. More people are waking up everyday to their sinister ways. It's only a matter of time. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Our mortgage is with BofA unfortunately. I would really like to make my house payment. We need to refinance through a different company and ditch this train wreck.

Woohoo. I just got into the website. Made my payment. I will go back and make sure it is applied though. I caught them once this year not applying my payment. Idiots.
edit on 10/1/11 by calmbutwary because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Well, I have to agree with everyone's comments on here. Frankly, I'm shocked ANYONE would still have their money in that God forsaken gangster bank. I know it's hard to change, especially if they hold your mortgage, but this is the one power we DO hold over them. We need to bring them down hard.

I stopped using banks altogether about four years ago. I don't regret it because the fees they charge now are so ridiculous, that any interest you make (unless you've got a substantial amount of money in the bank) doesn't really even benefit you at all. And the fees will just keep getting higher as time goes by, especially as more of these banks start to fail.

Families are much more spread out now. All the kids go off to college to the four corners of the country and parents need to get money to them. Or to help out their elderly parents. Or if a parent has to live out of state to work or something for long periods of time during the year. Or you're a commercial pilot..etc..etc. It sucks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Their stock should be DOWN too!

Anyone that banks with them should close their accounts today, mui pronto!

Sounds good. Make a run on the bank and just get it over with.
Move all the money to SunTrust.

Bye.....Bye.....B of A

<< 1    3  4 >>

join