It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America Debit Fees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Bank of America Website is DOWN..

www.abc17news.com

Bank of America's homepage and online banking service are experiencing problems, a day after the bank said it would start charging a $5 monthly fee for debit card purchases.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
qctimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bank of America to charge $5 monthly debit card fee
edit on 10/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Please use exact headlines.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They say it is not a result of hacking or any online attack but I would think otherwise, due to the anger over the recent debit card fee announcement. I hope people leave this bank in hoards... ASAP!

One of the articles I linked to says the site is back up and running but I still cannot access it form my PC.

www.abc17news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't access it either...

Home Page Temporarily Unavailable

We're sorry, but some of our pages are temporarily unavailable. Thanks for your patience.
If you like, you can:

Continue to Online Banking
Access Merrill Lynch Online
Find a Bank of America ATM or branch

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Their stock should be DOWN too!

Anyone that banks with them should close their accounts today, mui pronto!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
F88K BofA and all the other ones as well!
Move your money to a Credit Union and let the rich 1% eat their hoarded cash! Make them self implode, greedy f**king bastards!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It is down, biggest drop in the DOW, and down 56% this year!

Lets keep knocking 'em down! Drain them!

link   
I can't wait for these F-ing mobsters to crash and burn.

link   
reply to post by Artlicious

awesome..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They probably took it down on purpose so they can implement a new 5.00 "Internet access fee" effective immediately

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

LMAO.. I wouldn't put it past them.. haha

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the notification. I've been extremely busy today and hopefully I can stop a large transfer from being made and send it to another bank. My account will be closed Sat. I'm heading to the Credit Union. I know I shouldn't have been lazy and waited so long.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
death to em...that's how i feel. fees fees fees...

**** em all..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Bank of America's new theme song...as they sink...sink....sink...

edit on 30-9-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

LULZ

....and here i thought it was another boring day on the internatz

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ALL:

Get your money out of BoA and any one of the other major banks and get yourself into a credit union. I moved to a CU years ago from a major TPTB bank and I have been better off ever since.

Better service and a CU is not out to pillage you or charge you to get access to your MONEY.

BoA is trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the people foolish enough to keep accounts open with them before their time is up.

GET OUT NOW.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, I have to agree with everyone's comments on here. Frankly, I'm shocked ANYONE would still have their money in that God forsaken gangster bank. I know it's hard to change, especially if they hold your mortgage, but this is the one power we DO hold over them. We need to bring them down hard.

I stopped using banks altogether about four years ago. I don't regret it because the fees they charge now are so ridiculous, that any interest you make (unless you've got a substantial amount of money in the bank) doesn't really even benefit you at all. And the fees will just keep getting higher as time goes by, especially as more of these banks start to fail.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bank of America just started implementing debit cards in lieu of checks for all those receiving unemployment insurance in California. There is an option to go to their website to have the funds electronically transferred to the bank account of your choosing, as using the card for transactions or getting cash at non Bank of America ATM's can incur fees, folks have been flooding the website to try and transfer their funds. I would bet that is what is causing the sudden shutdown.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I wish it were hackers that took the site down, but seeing as it is the last day of the month, BOA is probably doing some kind of maintanence. Maybe the poster who mentioned the $5 fee is correct.

It would be funny if the hackers hacked in while it was down so it couldn't be brought back up!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When BOA inevitably reverses the $5 fee decision, don't fall for it. Go ahead and switch to a local Credit Union.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I wish it were hackers that took the site down, but seeing as it is the last day of the month, BOA is probably doing some kind of maintanence. Maybe the poster who mentioned the $5 fee is correct.

It would be funny if the hackers hacked in while it was down so it couldn't be brought back up!

...and you would expect them to announce that millions of clients personal information was accessed but also mentioning that nothing of secure nature was infiltrated while immediately sending out letters to bank account owners informing them of a possible problem and promting them to change access online codes. Sounds kinda lulz to me ....dont ya think !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join