It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O Reilly on The Daily Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
O Reilly was on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night, and they had a pretty lively interview. Of course Bill drops the term pinhead like it's nobody's business, but it's a pretty interesing and entertaining interview. They discuss the wealthy and how the upper class is treated in this country, the tax rate, the Republican candidates, and many more subjects.

Part 1

Part 2 can be found on the homepage, but it won't be there for long and I can't find the full videos elsewhere on the site. If anybody can find it, please post it here.

Jon makes the great point in the second part of the interview that returning the tax rate to what it used to be in the 90s is not "class warfare" despite what the Republican party has been saying lately.
edit on 29-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

This is more interesting then the Mayweather, Ortiz fight! I love watching these two go toe to toe...
Obviously Bill O Reilly always has to be right. Jon Stewart is funny hahaha

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

When O Reilly's not on his show, he can actually have a mature conversation without yelling loudly and shoving words in people's mouths. So this wasn't your typical O Reilly interview. One of the things he said was that he would be OK with higher taxes if the government spent money more efficiently, but he used the poor examples of Solyndra and expensive muffins. I wish I could have been in the crowd and shouted "We spend that much on wars in 24 hours Bill!"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Like a brain surgeon who drinks a martini when he's not on call, the successful kids in your school may smoke pot on occasion, but they are not stoners.
The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families. HarperCollins. 2004-09-28. p. 67

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theserpent

A little off topic, but not really I guess since they talk about O Reilly's book in the interview, and that's from his book, at least one of them. That reminds me of the interview with O Reilly and a student where the topic of drug use came up, and while O Reilly was bashing a guy who gave a presentation at their school, the kid whipped out that quote from his own book and completely pwned him with it

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised last night. O'Reilly actually engaged in conversation rather than put on the usual "you're a pinhead and you hate 'Merica!" skit. Maybe he's not really an ass, but he plays one on tv? As you mentioned, even Bill said higher taxes would be ok as long as they're not wasted. But no, good ole republicans can't raise taxes no matter what...

He had Ron Paul the day before yesterday, but that interview wasn't really anything special IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

Or maybe O'Reilly is really an ass, but he plays like he isn't one when he's on somebody else's show?

I did catch some of the show. He was more civil than he usually seems to be on his show.

But the pinhead stuff. that's just his way of calling someone a totally stupid buttwipe, but in nicer terms.
It doesn't work for me anymore.

Sure, raise taxes back to the 90's levels. It's obvious that the lower taxes did work for a while. but irresponsibility in government spending cough cough wars without end cough cough has taken it's toll.

Now, if we could only have another burst in technological advancement, such as it was, with the dotcoms, that lifted the economy in the 90's, but this time, keep on advancing, and spend tax dollars more wisely.

I doubt the wise spending would happen, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Or maybe O'Reilly is really an ass, but he plays like he isn't one when he's on somebody else's show?
I think that's a lot more likely. When he's on the O Reilly Factor, he can act as he pleases and say what he wants. But when he's a guest on somebody elses show, if he acts like that he would probably get thrown out or something. Either that, or Jon Stewart would make him look bad if he's just angrily shouting and just being Bill O Reilly.

But the pinhead stuff. that's just his way of calling someone a totally stupid buttwipe, but in nicer terms. It doesn't work for me anymore.
That's just his way of insulting anybody who disagrees with him. If the brain inside of your skull is not Bill O Reilly's and you don't think exactly like he does, you're a pinhead.

Sure, raise taxes back to the 90's levels. It's obvious that the lower taxes did work for a while. but irresponsibility in government spending cough cough wars without end cough cough has taken it's toll.
Yeah funny how when he talks about spending cuts, he complains about Solyndra and muffins, but doesn't make a peep about the wars.
edit on 30-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
bill is a great guest on someone else's show.

he doesn't filibuster on talking points like HIS guests. he don't put up wit dat shtie.

i saw that, cracked up when he said stewart bused in the cubans! lol!! busted up stewart too.

the libs have jon stewart as a spokes person.

what? woody allen not available?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
But the pinhead stuff. that's just his way of calling someone a totally stupid buttwipe, but in nicer terms.
It doesn't work for me anymore.
Pinhead is an old layman's term for Microcephaly. It's a but more than calling someone stupid. It's calling them lacking in brain size due to a genetic disease.

There are many other ways to get the deficit righted, without having to tax as many people.

top topics

join