It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots Question United Continental Merger Issues in Wall Street Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It seems that in addition to police the occupy wall street movement is also getting support from airline pilots.

More than 700 Continental and United Continental pilots took to Wall Street on Tuesday to protest slow contract negotiations and misinformation regarding merger integration. The demonstrating pilots marched together, quietly, in order and in full uniform, holding two signs.

"Merger Progress is More than Painting Airplanes," said one sign. "Management is Destroying our Airline," said another sign.

source

As the days go on I wonder how many other groups will join the cause. What is going on in this country is affecting everyone in some form or fashion and I am glad to see that others are joining the fight.
edit on Thu Sep 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to use article title

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
It seems that in addition to police the occupy wall street movement is also getting support from airline pilots.

More than 700 Continental and United Continental pilots took to Wall Street on Tuesday to protest slow contract negotiations and misinformation regarding merger integration. The demonstrating pilots marched together, quietly, in order and in full uniform, holding two signs.

"Merger Progress is More than Painting Airplanes," said one sign. "Management is Destroying our Airline," said another sign.

source

As the days go on I wonder how many other groups will join the cause. What is going on in this country is affecting everyone in some form or fashion and I am glad to see that others are joining the fight.

Well, I was wrong.. Thanks for the post though.
edit on 29-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

WRONG!

From your own link... this has NOTHING to do with "occupy wall street"

-- a stark contrast from the Occupy Wall Street protests just a few blocks away. While the Occupy Wall Street protests and August's Verizon employee protests frequently rely on noise, the pilots on Wall Street -- decked out in their full uniform -- very purposely decided against whistles and other noisemakers to draw attention to the proceedings.

The OP seems to be blatantly misleading people into thinking the two are connected.

While the bankers and wall street thieves aren't exactly my pals either, you can't go around around claiming people are carrying signs in support of your cause until we actually are.

edit on 29-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Good post. Thank you. Let's keep spreading the word. You're right, more and more people are getting on board with this because they are starting to realize that everyone is being affected by the greed in Corporate America.

They can't keep ignoring everyone forever.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

I don't really know much about this whole thing, but I don't know why pilots would be demonstrating. My best friend is a pilot and pulls in 300 - 400 k yearly.

btw, love your profile
edit on 9/29/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Forgive any misunderstanding on my part but I thought the whole occupy Wall Street movement was to fight against big business/ the financial sector and unfair practices. Wall Street is a huge financial center, I would think that any protesting in that area during this time would all be seen as a larger tapestry of dissatisfaction with the current business climate. I didnt know they had to be arm and arm with a bunch of college kids for things to be portrayed accurately enough for you. You can save your venom as it really isnt necessary. Were pilots on Wall street?...Yes. Were they protesting?...yes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

WRONG!

From your own link... this has NOTHING to do with "occupy wall street"

-- a stark contrast from the Occupy Wall Street protests just a few blocks away. While the Occupy Wall Street protests and August's Verizon employee protests frequently rely on noise, the pilots on Wall Street -- decked out in their full uniform -- very purposely decided against whistles and other noisemakers to draw attention to the proceedings.

The OP seems to be blatantly misleading people into thinking the two are connected.

While the bankers and wall street thieves aren't exactly my pals either, you can't go around around claiming people are carrying signs in support of your cause until we actually are.

Do you think the Airline pilots would have even been there had the occupy wall street movement NOT have happened? The answer is NO. So YES, these are linked, though not by their causes, but by their results. Hopefully more people with more causes join the people on the streets. They may not share the same cause, but they certainly are going after the same target. The same target that treats ordinary citizens and airline pilots like second class scumbags.

So yes, they are linked together in a way

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

wp
edit on 29-9-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
These are Continental, and United Continental pilots out to get the attention of "frequent flyers" to show a dissatisfaction in the way their own management is painting a pretty picture of a merger.

It has nothing, even remotely, to do with wall street or bankers, and focuses on slow contract negotiations within their own company...period.

They aren't even in the same area, yet you're still trying to connect the two.

If labelling your own lies as a misunderstanding, and my pointing them out as "venom" makes you feel all happy and proud, have at it. I don't care. You're still a liar, as I haven't seen any attempt to edit the OP to reflect the truth.

Correct your posts, and I'll be more than happy to delete mine.

There's still time!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The New York Transit Workers Union is also making plans to go down there

source

A member of TWU Local 100 told a reporter that they would join the protest Friday at 4PM. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Teamsters are also showing support

source

Perhaps Wall Street will become a speaker's corner of sorts for protesters. People always say follow the money. Well here's where it ends up so why not converge on it. The fact that there are multiple battles being fought in a single place is great. And each group can help bring different people with different backgrounds together for the common goal of making their voices heard.
edit on 29-9-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join