Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are people this ignorant?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A new headline that is older then dirt. Elvis is Alive! I saw this on a magazine some guy was reading. Are people really this clueless? Isn't Elvis, if alive, about 80-100 years old? How do you recognize him? He wouldn't look like he used to, and doubt the hair is the same color and shape.

Few questions. When did Elvis die, how old was he then, and well, how can people believe this? It is like the Hitler is Alive crap. He would be over 100 years old! Don't think he would be out doing things for the camera.




posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
www.elvis.com...
Elvis Aaron Presley January 8, 1935. His twin brother, Jessie Garon, was stillborn
died at his Memphis home, Graceland, on August 16, 1977
www.elvis.com...
I hear he's working at Burger King



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
A new headline that is older then dirt. Elvis is Alive! I saw this on a magazine some guy was reading. Are people really this clueless? Isn't Elvis, if alive, about 80-100 years old? How do you recognize him? He wouldn't look like he used to, and doubt the hair is the same color and shape.


I think it's a bit more tongue in cheek these days; not meant to be taken seriously



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Alright, so only 69 years old. But still, how do people believe this? MS says it is mainly tounge in cheek, but it still makes headlines on some magazines.

Working at Burger King? Wow.

Anyways, this is more about the fact that people believe things like this and buy magazines with those kind of headlines. They believe this headline, Hitler alive headline, alien clone headlines, why? Why do some people believe these things? I just don't get how a human could buy into such things.



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Its probably done mainly too keep his music alive and such.



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Anyways, this is more about the fact that people believe things like this and buy magazines with those kind of headlines. They believe this headline, Hitler alive headline, alien clone headlines, why? Why do some people believe these things? I just don't get how a human could buy into such things.


Too much TV James, that's the problem. I met knew a guy in the US who thought that the TV series Dark Skies was based on true events


TV in the US tends to blur fact with fiction, if you here's things long enough you most people start to believe them. Especially when there's no alternative.



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

how can people believe this?


Hey! There's a guy here who said this.




I hope it [the Republican National Convention] does bring violence. It will prove Bush has done nothing but piss the people off. Imagine 50 people attacking with assault weapons and bombs. Bush supporters get killed off. No democrats or non Bush lovers for they don't sign the loyalty pact that Bush&Co makes you sign to go to a meeting or convention.


I find that hard to believe.

[edit on 04/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by James the Lesser

how can people believe this?


Hey! There's a guy here who said this.




I hope it [the Republican National Convention] does bring violence. It will prove Bush has done nothing but piss the people off. Imagine 50 people attacking with assault weapons and bombs. Bush supporters get killed off. No democrats or non Bush lovers for they don't sign the loyalty pact that Bush&Co makes you sign to go to a meeting or convention.


I find that hard to believe.

[edit on 04/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]


Exactly. Give me "Elvis is alive" stupid over the more malignant kind anyday. (No stupidity is not an option)



posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To answer the question "who buys those kind of magazines?" I do once in a while. Not because I swallow media trite, and believe everything told to me. I find them amusing. I see it as a joke, rather than an actual news source. It amazes me how people could write this stuff. I mean, come on! The bat boy? Pffttt....



posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey, bat boy is real! He saved D.C. by pissing on a nuke.

But yes, some people do buy for the amusing stories. I love the bat boy stories, he is so funny.

Now if only everyone did it for that. I had a freind who use to collect the magazines and took the stories inside to be as true as something that came from Ney York Times or Wall Street Journal.

GradyPhilpott, you didn't know that Bush&Co MAKE you sign a loyalty pact before you can go to a meeting or convention? Yep, you have to sign your soul over to the devil before they let you in a campaign tour stop or the convention.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join