It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AREA 51 has moved please forward the mail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this just kills me.

They *LET* a fictional game based on Area 51 *get out* ??

1) Who is "they"?

2) HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY IMAGINE THAT A PIECE OF FICTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT IN AMERICA COULD BE CENSORED OR WITHDRAWN BY "THEM" ? What do you envision, some government guy, maybe CIA or something, reading gaming websites, sees a preview article about this game and visits the game company's offices, confiscates all of the computers and shoots all of the developers and designers in the head, sets the offices on fire, then travels around, covering up all the magazine articles and website previews that came out about the game? Coz he'd have to! He couldn't just say "HI, I'M BOB GOVERNMENT. I WON'T ALLOW THIS GAME TO COME OUT BECAUSE IT REFERENCES ONE OF OUR SECRET BASES. GIMME!" Doesn't that seem to you to be (a) a lot of work for basically an anti-climactic outcome and (b) unconstitutional to say the least?

3) Hi. We're writing about Area 51 right here, right now. We have probably done as much or more research than this game company which produced a very imaginative and loosely based game (VERY imaginative and fictional). Are we getting censored? No. Is there a lot of highly sensitive information freely available on this gigantic conspiracy theory website? You bet. It's just *sitting there*, available to *anyone*.

Pffffft.

Zip

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We all must agree the US Gov't is aware that our community is looking into Groom Lake. Also they know about our 'interest' into what operations are taking place at the facility.

We know that Janet flights are still going to Groom Lake on a regular basis. As for activity, I personally do not think there has been a slow down since the A-12 program...we have had some great technology leaps!

In reguards to the censorship - most of the stuff the gov't will let fly...what I find disturbing is the placing of sensors on public land.

=-Rich

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rvfried
We all must agree the US Gov't is aware that our community is looking into Groom Lake. Also they know about our 'interest' into what operations are taking place at the facility.

We know that Janet flights are still going to Groom Lake on a regular basis. As for activity, I personally do not think there has been a slow down since the A-12 program...we have had some great technology leaps!

In reguards to the censorship - most of the stuff the gov't will let fly...what I find disturbing is the placing of sensors on public land.

=-Rich

Guess you should have realised the government if it needs wants the land it just buys it up, public land never heard of it.

<< 1  2   >>

join