It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US threat of military action unites Pakistan, opposing Pakistan political leaders to meet tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

ISLAMABAD (AP) — U.S. accusations that Pakistan is supporting Afghan insurgents have triggered a nationalist backlash and whipped up media fears of an American invasion, drowning out any discussion over the army's long use of jihadi groups as deadly proxies in the region.

Speaking about a new commercial on a TV channel-

Each time the Americans appear, a shrill voice sings: "Enemies, you have challenged a nation which has a growing knowledge of the Quran and the support from Allah. Our task in this world is to eliminate the name of the killers!"

It seems the Pakistan situation is heading south really quick.

Mullen's comments on Capitol Hill last week set off the storm.

His comments were about Haqqani Network, saying the network may have ties to the ISI.

Tomorrow, both sides of the political parties in Pakistan will come together and hold a meeting over the US.

On Thursday, the leaders of the country's feuding political parties will put aside their differences to sit under one roof to discuss the issue. In announcing the meeting, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said the lawmakers will discuss "the security situation in the wake of threats emanating from outside the country."

Atleast Pakistan has some moderate political parties right?....

The Sunni Ittehad Council, an organization representing the country's Barelvi sect, often referred to as the most moderate among Pakistani Muslims, issued a statement saying it was obligatory on all Muslims to wage jihad against the United States if it attacked Pakistan.

"The Pakistani government and the armed forces should start preparing to counter any possible American attack as Islamic law suggests 'keeping the horses ready' to counter any sort of foreign aggression," the statement said.

But nobody can take the place of the US!!!!!!

The anger this week at America coincided with the visit of Chinese Public Security Minister Meng Jianzhu, allowing the media and politicians to peddle another populist trope: that Beijing will be able to replace the United States as a source of funds if and when Pakistan chooses to sever its ties with Washington.

So...opposing political leadership is putting away their differences, and China is setting in to be their new ally....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Giving the current World situation, I'm not even gonna say "It won't happen" like some will, even though most know something will, maybe not between Pakistan and the US at first but eventualy most proberly.

The World really Is In a dire situation these day's folks, something major to shake up this Society and the way we live Is coming and we know It, and a War seem's the most logical.

Depending on how It esculates and who sides's with who, the US can still launch a ground Invasion of Pakistan AND have complete control of their Air space.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
AH YEA BABY

See? This is how you start a war....good ole fashion trash talk.......and you know for certain that America loves to bomb brown people. I sit in wait with my snuggie, popcorn, and Three's company reruns after a healthy dose of Fukitol......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I saw an interview Tavis Smiley did with Valerie Plame Wilson and her husband a while back where he asked, in their assessment, "What was the most dangerous country in the world today?" Without hesitation, they both answered "Pakistan".

And they've got nukes.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Much like people say the CIA actually runs the US, I am sure that the ISI runs Pakistan. They've been playing poker with a crappy hand and their bluff is running out.

I just hope that if it does hit the fan, we know where their nukes are and take them out before they can use them.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Never a good development. Pakistan has a few powerful weapons to toss around.

Edit: Will Pakistan threaten Nuclear War against the US?...
edit on 28-9-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They are about to put the network on the List of terrorists. Within the next couple days.

link   
Gwadar Port - Wiki

China is ready

The US Corp. take over of Washington are angry about this. Not only will they not get a piece of the pie...but...if they lose Pakistan to China... the implications are boundless.

BBC

**Observers say that United States as well as the Gulf countries have major reservations at the 'overwhelming' Chinese involvement in the project.**

Great Post..Great information..
edit on 28-9-2011 by tracehd1 because: add link

link   
Why do you people cheer on a world war

Deaths of millions, martial law and the new world order served on a silver platter.

Its like you can't wait to die and or kill people.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Seriously... whose cheering on the War?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

At least there will be some sort of real, tangible change. Quite boring nowadays.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I'm certainly not seeing the war cheerleaders yet. I personally feel that all war is terrifying and a horrific experience that people are going through. True hell on Earth.

That is why I enjoy peace, a good beer and some ATS to keep abreast of the world events. WWIII sadly is a realistic event that could develop and although it hasn't yet, it concerns me that it sincerely can happen and perhaps is happening in our lifetime. Can't say I cheer for that!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
this has been building for a while, the constant over the boarder drone attacks accidently killing civillians.

Is it any suprise? Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan boarder Iran.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
gees i hope we dont start a war, muslims are not afraid to die if i understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
this has been building for a while, the constant over the boarder drone attacks accidently killing civillians.

Is it any suprise? Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan boarder Iran.

I am sure the USA would not tolerate China flying drones over New York picking off the terrorists hiding in sleeper-cells. By Americas action with Pakistan, this sends a clear message of aggression to Pakistan.

You would have to be totally brain-dead not to see the provocation.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This guy has some interesting predictions

edit on 29-9-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I'm not reading any cheering either, am I missing something?

I'm curious about something though, correct me if my understanding is off. China and Pakistan have had obvious tension with India. Russia seems to be buddies with China and India. Russia even co-created a new fighter jet with India. Who would Russia side with if things go south? (I really hope they don't).

I'm also curious as to why Pakistan is so defensive when the evidence clearly points to them taking a lot of money from us and also supporting efforts to kill our troops and suppress information from us? I suppose there is also the possibility that our government is lying to us about that information the same way we assume Pakistan is lying in it's defensive position over the matter. I haven't studied it enough to know but it all seems unnecessary.

It's so easy to get caught up on a side, a team, a belief, opinion, national pride, etc. The fact that fans of athletic teams have savagely beaten fans of the opposing team for wearing a jersey displaying their support for their team is a clear demonstration of this power. I know the majority of people wouldn't ever do this over a sporting event, it's just an example at a low unacceptable level.

People need to realize that the fact that we don't all have the same experiences which ultimately means we don't have the same beliefs/opinions is a blessing and we should be open to all of them even if we don't necessarily agree. Instead we hate, belittle and discredit what we don't understand. We push our opinions and beliefs instead of being content with the fact that they are ours and theirs are theirs. Blah, I just don't get it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Doh! bested by bearded men again!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The theater for this was set back in 2008 when Obama constantly spoke about Pakistan. War with that nation is one of the only campaign promises that he's hellbent on keeping.

With the sudden reports about Iran and military action, it looks like the next phase in this plot orchestrated by scheming madmen is about to begin

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I predict one more big attack on american troops in Afghanistan then there will be war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join