It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war unfolding in Kosovo, Russia says may spread to europe into world war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Uh oh?

And who started all this? The EU and the US back in the 90s when they screwed over Yugoslavia.

Very good documentary on all the background of Yugoslavia :

The weight of chains.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Mind elaborating how this is the US and EU fault? I am not incredibly familiar with those clashes.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No doubt if this does happen, Georgia will try and do what it did a few years back. They are no force for Russia though, the training they go through is incredible. BUT they may be a strong foe, wasn't there U.S weapons found when they pushed Georgia back?
Oh yeah they also shot down a few Russian planes I seem to recall? Maybe they could take on a small unit/whatever of Russia's?

Interesting times!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReasonableSkeptic
Mind elaborating how this is the US and EU fault? I am not incredibly familiar with those clashes.

I suggest you read on the Yugoslavian war. And watch The Weigh of Chains.

Big corporations, the Bush administration, the Clinton administration, Joe Biden, the IMF and the EU have created this mess.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's what ive found after doing a quick search for recent articles.

Serbia walks out of EU-backed Kosovo talks

Serbia pulled out of EU-backed peace talks on Kosovo on Wednesday after fresh unrest in a disputed border region.

The talks aim to settle a row stemming from Serbia’s refusal to recognise Kosovo’s independence.

On Tuesday six Kosovar Serb protesters were wounded in clashes near the frontier with Serbia.

Four NATO peacekeeping troops were also injured

Peacekeepers deploy in tense Kosovo

Reuters) - NATO peacekeepers in Kosovo (KFOR) reinforced troops at a border crossing in the ethnic Serb north on Wednesday, a day after more than a dozen people were injured in clashes.

Looks like things are getting pretty tense

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Something is stirring up the hornets nest known as the Balkans. The wounds are still fresh from the past Kosovo conflict, and the break-away that took place in 2008 only threw salt in old wounds. I am surprised nothing has broke out on this scale much sooner? I remember there was some violent protests happened, but nothing on this scale.

I would like to know what kind of treatment the Serb minority is facing from the ethnic Albanians and the Thaci government in Pristina? I hope it is not on the scale of what took place during the war? So far things have been fairly tight-lipped. Perhaps, this will be the straw that breaks the camels back? There has been a unsteady peace in that region. There is certainly bitterness among the Serbs. My guess is the reserved approach by Serbia has a lot to do with normalizing relations with Western Europe, and to strengthen their bid for EU membership. If this does not get resolved quickly it could derail the whole thing.

I actually agree with the Russian NATO envoy, and there had ought to be an investigation about what took place along the border. Furthermore, they had ought to reinforce their positions and bolster their presence in the area. All it takes is a spark to ignite the inferno in the Balkans. I will be watching this closely. On another note, how come this is not all over the mainstream news? Not important enough I guess? However, as the envoy mentioned in his remarks this very region spawned WWI. That ought to make it important? I guess it is safe to say, "Don't sleep on the Balkans!"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ok,, so mr. Sakasvile,,aka the tie eater,, declares,,the Region, his ,and sends in troops,,
(he's from new york,,i mean he use to be a lawer from new york,,,really,,i kind u knot. )
anyway, Putin then is asked too "step into the Presidency of Russia,,at this time of Crisis,,
and well,, that would change things,, Russia will fight with Putin,,
and Russia,,
is all that Putin would need.
Kinda pre-ww2,, come save us,, Hister. lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
ok,, so mr. Sakasvile,,aka the tie eater,, declares,,the Region, his ,and sends in troops,,
(he's from new york,,i mean he use to be a lawer from new york,,,really,,i kind u knot. )
anyway, Putin then is asked too "step into the Presidency of Russia,,at this time of Crisis,,
and well,, that would change things,, Russia will fight with Putin,,
and Russia,,
is all that Putin would need.
Kinda pre-ww2,, come save us,, Hister. lol

He's really from New York?? haha!! Some job leap eh?? lol

Why would Russia fight with Putin? Could you explain this? I don't understand this sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Anything new on this or has it simmered down already?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is the E.U's fault, but Primarily Tony Blair's

The U.S were not so sold on supporting the E.U on any action against Serbia.

However, the E.U wanted rid of the only Dictator based within the confines of the planned superstate, so Tony Blair sold the idea to Clinton. Clinton bought into it and the rest as they say is History.

It's peculiar how the Muslim world conveniently forget that it was Kosovan Muslims who were being persecuted, when they spew their Diatribe about the U.S hating Muslims. That's why I don't buy into what the MSM keeps telling us about this stance.

Anyway, I remember Russia being against the whole NATO offensive and even threatened military action if they went ahead. Of course they were in NO position to intervene, very much like now.

Russia is scaremongering and have their problems against Muslims in Chechneya. This is why they are becoming vociferous on this.

Okay WWI broke out because of the tensions in this region, but I can't see WWIII breaking out because of the current problems.

Now, the Middle East? Well that's a totally different story.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen here my child. Do not worry.

top topics

join