It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious bell appears in Africville church

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandelbrot2012

Im just pointing out that is the only way we can explain things. This is always the first shot. It is simply because 'we'(some of us) are still in a rope and pulley mentality.
There are plenty of ways to get the job done, that's all I'm saying. Ways that may be currently outside the realms of one's understanding. Meaning, you will use everything inside of the box to figure something out.

Unidentifiable flying objects are weather balloons, birds, malfunction, that kind of explanation. People do this without knowing. The answer may be in a way that you haven't thought of or it may be something you have never seen. Leave the door open, we do not and can not know everything.
True out of the box thinking.
Chronaut- this is true for the central and south american pyramids, but the megaliths in the giza plateau are far more sophisticated, the foundation is poured ,the rest is something different.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Im just pointing out that is the only way we can explain things. This is always the first shot. It is simply because 'we'(some of us) are still in a rope and pulley mentality.
There are plenty of ways to get the job done, that's all I'm saying. Ways that may be currently outside the realms of one's understanding. Meaning, you will use everything inside of the box to figure something out.

Unidentifiable flying objects are weather balloons, birds, malfunction, that kind of explanation. People do this without knowing. The answer may be in a way that you haven't thought of or it may be something you have never seen. Leave the door open, we do not and can not know everything.
True out of the box thinking.
Chronaut- this is true for the central and south american pyramids, but the megaliths in the giza plateau are far more sophisticated, the foundation is poured ,the rest is something different.

So the same Aliens who built the pyramids .....They hung the bell ???

Even if I know it was hung by a group of volunteers from the local climbing club and they openly accepted responseability for this!!! Aliens did it ???
edit on 28-9-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So, a rock climbing crew hung a bell in a church that was being built why? Where did they get the bell from? There was no reports of missing bells nearby.

I have never come across a loose bell to buy or grab let alone thought to hang it in a church that was being built, just for fun...

Weird theories...for a weird story...

Pred...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I recon it's probably people who did it, it's just for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Intriguing ...

I mean we all can figure out what's behind vandalism and so forth, but to hang a bell in a bell-tower in secret in the dead of the night? ... strange ... what's the motive?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

That's what I mean. What's the point? Where did they get it from?

I'm sure it was a person, or a ghost.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
some good replies. i understand what the op is saying. its not impossible, but very difficult to put up a bell without being seen or heard. i think the op wanted the discussion to go to "why". why would a bell be put up. what hidden meaning or significance is there. religious? sign of the end?
i'm not sure there's that big of a mystery here, but op had a thought and presented it with the article. cheers.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have a thought, could be somebody that salvaged it before everything was leveled, and it was kept in the family all this time, and when the decision was made to restore the old building, they brought it back to its original place? That could maybe fit where it came from, but why it was done in secret in the dead of the night remains a mystery.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

See!!! You are a valid example of what I posted earlier. I never said anything about aliens, and frankly I don't even believe in them. The concept of an alien stems from the basic primitive frame of mind. This comes from our perception of territory and what we believe is ours. The word Alien implies outsider, foreigner. How can we be so arrogant??? People even use this term to describe fellow human beings. The term itself is erroneous. It implies a fictitious illusion of separation. This is a type -1 civilization and way of thinking. We are willing to believe in something we have know knowledge about helped us rather than putting your own arrogant understanding to the side to say "humans may have erected the pyramids, I just don't know how". In this process we discard testimony and evidence.
This says alot about one's understanding.
I bet the other life forms don't even think this way. I bet what you would refer to as an alien knows more about planet earth and mankind than mankind does.

I know its so hard to think outside of the box and it may be hard to digest, but, Humans built the pyramids. Because "you" can't figure out how, your conclusion includes radical ideas to try to bridge the gaps in your adolescent understanding of the universe or the history of Humans. I bet it is just impossible for you to believe humans reached a higher state of awareness than what we see *today*. In your previous life, you were one of the people who were adamant about the earth being 6,000 years old and flat.

Insolent comments really reflect ones very own understanding. peace.

the local climbing club
, you guys get funnier every day.
edit on 28-9-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

edit on 28-9-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
reply to post by Swills

Swills Whats wrong with you ????

Yes Climbers from the Alpine Club actually climbed up and threw ropes over and pulled a bell up... there was a few of them !!! Its Possible ??? No !! lol

We donated the bell through saving funds and purchasing a bell through another church which was demolished .....

Is this starting to make any sense to you Swills ????

Nothing strange but the way you are so damn paranoid ???

My friend's cousin attends there and is a member on the vollunteer board who is actually building this church.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

No, of course it doesn't make sense to me. All I got is this here article, which tells us, they & the church don't know how the bell got there and that the bell is hung by what appears to be climbing rope. And now we have you saying it was donated by a climbing club. Apparently you're the only one in the know about what's doing with this bell. Why don't you and your club alert the church and media? Or is this an ATS exclusive?

And where do you get the idea that I am paranoid? You're seeing things that aren't there. No where did I say it was put there by anything other than a human. I even suggested someone used a pulley system to get the bell up there. Sorry if none of us know who you are, who your cousin is, and what clubs you belong too
Starting to make sense?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Star for you
Thank you for saying what I think all of us wanted to say, but couldn't quite figure out how say it eloquently. You did.
Well I know I speak for myself, when I say that, I wanted to say it, I tried to say it, then I disregard it because it came out all ... wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Nothing paranormal about this I think. First use a ladder. Maybe those collapsible ones are best because that makes logistics easier. Then, have a drill with some batteries. Once you find a beam that can support the weight, make holes for bolts and attach a wire or rope. Then attach the bell to the ropes and haul it up. Remove the hauling-equipment and the ladder and you're done. Of course, this is not something all people can do. But, there are plenty who can do this sort of thing.

I doubt there was a flying carpet or a UFO involved. Just ordinary craftsmanship. But, I can't exclude that the ones who did this might have seen too much Discovery-channel or National Geographic. I remember I had to stop my dad from starting a project inspired by those TV-documentaries.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

While you're scoffing at other people, you yourself are making yourself guilty of the same err, do you realize that?

Insolent comments really reflect ones very own understanding

and then:

The concept of an alien stems from the basic primitive frame of mind

and

try to bridge the gaps in your adolescent understanding of the universe or the history of Humans

You are guilty of being insolent. You are classifying ppl that believe in 'aliens' as basic and primitive, and in the second quote you are telling the person that you are replying to that he reasons like a child. There are more of those, but we'll just stick to those two for my point, there's no need to point out all of the areas in which you display this, the point is not to step on your toes.

What you are suggesting, is that people here and now are evolved sufficiently to have advanced abilities, and that it is these people who did this ... and their reasons for doing this in the middle of the night in secret would be ... ? Also another aspect to consider would be why even bother doing it? People that are this aware and wise, would not bother with such trivial matters as to confuse people, for what seems to be; the sheer fun of it.

While I agree some people have trouble thinking outside of the box, there are those that fit the opposite of the afore-mentioned conundrum, as in too much out of the box, no-critical thinking can happen on both ends of the stick. If you are correct and humanity reached that higher state of awareness before, what gives you the idea that we are there now? While I agree we are on our way, I do not believe we are there yet, I have my reasons for this.

... knowledge about helped us rather than putting ...

In the above quote you assume that everybody who believes that 'aliens' built the pyramids, did it to help us. That shows a lack of thinking outside of the box as well, not everybody who believes that 'aliens' built them, built them to help anybody other than themselves, and reason that there are very good reasons why the top points, that are supposedly made of solid gold, are missing, as in a preventative measure to prevent these 'aliens' from coming back. Why would anybody want to do this, unless said 'helping' 'aliens' were negative?

I use the word alien above in the sense of not like us humans from terra earth, not from a separation aspect, more from a different aspect, not like us, with our limited capabilities of reasoning, thinking and awareness. Since you don't believe in E.T.'s I'd rather use the other example where people use it to describe people, alien as in not legally from my country, illegal alien. True, maybe we should make use of a better word to separate ppl not from my country to avoid the mis-use of the word.

I personally also use the word alien loosely to describe individuals who seem to have lost their humanity, in the sense of they behave in an inhumane way, they behave in an alien way, as in different to the rest of humanity. You may not believe that there is any separation at all, but personally, I believe that there is a definitive separation from these individuals that behave inhumanely, different, not like us who care. These individuals do not care, have no empathy, only care for themselves. That is very definitely separate. Or would you rather me classify them as the norm for humanity and that nobody behaves in a humane way, we're all the same as the war-mongerers? I'm sorry, I refuse to believe that, hence, I have to apply a separation aspect.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: eta & typo's

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Most of us here agree with you, including the OP, did you read through the thread?

The question is not so much about how, but it's rather why.

True, maybe paranormal studies is not where this thread belongs, I suspect the OP was rather at a loss as to where to put it. It classifies as strange, hence he put it with the 'strange' forum?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: ETA

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Question: did someone believe this bell just materialized up there or what? is there people who believe stuff like that happens?? reason i ask is because i think i clicked on a paranormal thread yet i don't understand whats paranormal about this.. could someone enlighten me?

another thing i noticed is that people are saying the neighbors didn't hear anything.. what would there be to hear? the bell was most likely wrapped in something or in a crate, so the bell wouldn't be ringing while being pulled up. the only noise the bell would make on the way up would be if it hit the building which wouldn't make much noise. i Imagen the neighbors were also asleep.

another poster said something along the lines that a ladder couldn't have been used to get the bell up because of the difficulty of carrying it. if a ladder was used you normally don't carry heavy objects up with you, you take a rope with you to pull it up. Ive pulled 5 gallon buckets of tar up this way and im sure they used this method regardless how they climbed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

See my post above yours

Think it'll help you understand what we think

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

See my post above yours

okay.

The question is not so much about how, but it's rather why.

well i think whomever done it did it for the same reason some people make crop circles or any other number of random out of the ordinary acts. maybe they do it because they are bored or maybe because they can. i don't know.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yes I agree, I had no idea where to put this, but because it is abnormal, I put it in this forum. Do I think it was a ghost, no, but it is definitely not normal.

The mods didn't move it, so apparently the forum wasn't too bad of a choice.

What other forum should it be in?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Yea, it doesn't quite fit hey. Not saying you're wrong, it just doesn't quite fit.

It's one thing to make fake crop-circles and confound the world, and make it seem like there are hidden messages, but this one, yea, no message, no nothing. Just strange.

Bored individuals do intentional mischievous acts, this act; not so mischievous, rather a good deed?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: typo & eta

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I would have sat with the same problem, no knowing where to put it, maybe the grey area, but it doesn't quite seem to fit there either. I don't know, I guess I would have stuck with paranormal as well, being that its abnormal behaviour for individuals. Since the mods didn't move it, as you said, they must agree. It's just odd, so it should be with the odd topics.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think they should analyze the metal. Maybe it's from the Moon, Mars or Sirius! The Aliens always promise to help out with earthly affairs according to those dreadful channeled reports. Obviously aliens.

edit on 29/9/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join