It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient lost city found....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Good point, that statement slipped past me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thorneakavar

Actually “modern Science” has reported civilizations as old as 2 million years. Records from the Paleolithic era. They have found tools and such form these ancient peoples. So I am not sure where you get your time line from.
edit on 29-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

Probably outdated sources lol... I tend not to pay attention to the date of the sources publication... just for clarification we are talking about the congregation of humans into complex societies (I feel empire is a strong word) such as the Olmecs and etc right? I am aware of tools found that show that humans were progressing towards large scale cultures I think the main division is mass civilizations.
edit on 29-9-2011 by thorneakavar because: left off a bit

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ah well if cities and governments etc. are required. Then I am not sure, I was just thinking of evidence of human life.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
from the article

” The reason for the settlement pattern in high places has been questioned, he said. “This discovery gives us important clues that people settled deliberately because of the rise and fall of the sea,” he added.

maybe the tides were a lot stronger back then.

Or the sea was lower/higher back then, there have been several 'ice ages' every 3000 years or so throughout our history, hence the Aboriginal migration some 60,000 years ago by the Australian native population (land bridges becoming uncovered and then recovered again, speculation and work on the g-nome project suggest links between certain Native American people and the Japanese people due to such land bridges)

Awesome post as usual Slayer

edit on 30-9-2011 by Raivan31 because: spelling error which i apparently failed to correct

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Haha, people getting stars for one liners like "hey nice find" and stuff. ROFL.

I just gave you a star because you seemed like you needed it.

I just gave you a star because you deserved it for thinking that the other poster needed it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk

Ah well if cities and governments etc. are required. Then I am not sure, I was just thinking of evidence of human life.

If you wanted to use evidence of a "human" tools for the date of our advancement, then there have been finds that would still rock orthodox histories established timeline and yet many of these still go by unacknowledged. I often wonder how many artifacts at this very moment are being smashed, burned, bombed, hidden, and dumped into the ocean because someone has gotten ahold of them before others have and it threatens to undermine their goals and power bases.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Hmm, do you have some source reporting records earlier than the 2 million timeframe? This is as far back as I have ever really seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join