Ancient lost city found....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

I guess you're right. That's all we get. I'd check back in a bit they could be doing some server work.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
First off(and I think it goes without saying), S&F for you Mr. Slayer.

Secondly, thanks to the original news link pushing up the proverbial daisies, I've discovered plenty of other sources by googling Prof. Aslan. Including this article which hopefully lists more specific items than that original link(I wouldn't know as I came across this thread after it had died) including a venus figure and a seal:

Archaeologists find 5,000-year-old Venus figure in Turkey

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Simian

Awesome...

Thanks for the link. I have a few threads going at the moment.
I appreciate the effort.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually, after further review I think it might be a different dig Aslan is associated with. From what I can tell, not only is he the assistant director of the Troy dig proper, he's also in charge of numerous others in and around the area to find settlements from that era and earlier. The dig talked about in the OP is located(from what I can tell) on the european side of the Dardanelles near the Aegean entrance and the one in the article I linked is located farther south and inland on the Turkey side of the straits.

Also, apparently they found an ancient seed(a grain of some kind...can't seem to relocate the article that mentions it) at another site and were able to get it to bloom and now scientists can use it to compare to our modern breeds.

edit on 9/28/2011 by Mad Simian because: misspelled 'Dardanelles'

**edit**BTW, if anyone call tell me what "Mevkisi'nde Işıldakaltı Tepe" translates to or happens to know exactly where it is located, I'd really appreciate the information. I'm trying to locate the site on Google Earth and apparently that's the specific name of the 'mound' they discovered this site under.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

not to pick.... but it is more like 7000.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Yukitup

Yeah that didn't make much sense to me either. This is going to be one of those wait and see deals. I hope there is more revealed soon.

It could be that only 5% hasn't been lost to later construction, or lies under the existing village or has been destroyed by the encrouchment of the sea.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hmm th earticle linked in OP seems to be back online. probably just a server maintenance problem. i had no problem reading it.

As to the 5%:

my guess is they mean they have excavated the entire site. As in the entire flat spot that looks to be where the city should have been. However, only about 5% of it had any thing to be found. So maybe the city was more of a town with fields or the rest of this city was wiped clean some how.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

I have concerns with our present dating methods to start with and indeed, until excavation is finished or nearly completed it is hard to say. I think they were just excited like all of us and got a bit premature in sharing details. It's exciting times none the less and I look forward to reading and learning more.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The lost city of Atlantis now this! This is truly amazing and exciting. Good job OP

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

The article states excavation is complete. The site was excavated, but only about 5% of it remained. The real question is what did they find and when do we get to see and read more about it?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

A full site report usually comes out 12 to 18 months after the completion of a dig. They may issue preliminary reports if anything interesting pops up.

One of the missing pieces of data is how long this dig was going on - longer the dig the greater chance for prelim reports and a longer time to consolidate it into a final report verison

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

That city never asked for this...
what a shame.
Poor people that lived in that city... what a rotten way to die.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I am not sure of what I am doing but someone asked for a translation of Mevkisi'nde Işıldakaltı Tepe. I found this site.

www.dha.com.tr...

It says it is 7000 years old. I hope this is what you wanted.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

I read that but I thought they had way more to do in the site as far as dating and study goes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is really cool, I'm really curious about cities that are now probably deep under water.

Originally posted by slugfest
The lost city of Atlantis now this! This is truly amazing and exciting. Good job OP

Umm... When was Atlantis found? I must be really out of the loop

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hey thanks for the read Slayer. You're one of the few people who still post threads to do nothing more than share some information. For that I salute you good sir.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Considering scientists finally proved that Australian Aboriginals made it to Australia about 60,000 years ago, I'd say there is a high likelyhood that there have been civilizations before this one we are currently aware of, only going back about 5,000 years.

Heck, there could have been several civilizations in 50,000 years that have come and gone.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Is it me or does there seem to be a pattern formin???g in regards to a fall of a global civilization 5 to 6 thousand years ago

Oh yes S&F
edit on 29-9-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This could be the ancient Greek city of Abydus

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Işıldaktepe = Search Light Hill

District's name was changed from INTEPE to ERENKOY .

Here is a google map of the area :

travelingluck.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join