It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria 'targeting Homs scientists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Could this be Syria eliminating those in the know about their possible program just in case the SHTF there? Lot's of activity taking place on Syria the Article goes on to talk about Russia's watered down proposal. Interesting times.

Stay tuned.

Syria 'targeting Homs scientists'

A nuclear physics professor has been killed outside his home in the Syrian city of Homs, the latest in a series of deaths of scientists in the city.

One activist said government snipers were to blame for Ous Abdel Karim Khalil's death, but another said it could have been a revenge attack.

His killing was reported as fighting continued between security forces and deserters in the town of Rastan.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe getting rid of proof of a secret nuclear weapons program? they are signers of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, maybe they are seeing the way the winds blowing and trying to prevent a Nato helped liberation in their country by being pre-emptive with possible information leaks?.

Or perhaps to prevent who ever may try to topple the regime there from having the information as well? any time scientist start getting whacked should raise eyebrows.
edit on 28-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Could be or could be nothing. I think it's worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well some pretty prominent figures have been assassinated, so it does smell fishey, according to Syrian news reports, they are claiming well armed organized terrorist groups are carrying out these assassinations.

The SHRN said that the failure of the international conspiracy against Syria is the reason behind the assassination of intellectual and scientific figures

Inventor Issa Abboud

Chairman of Thoracic Surgery Department at Homs National Dr. Hasan Eid

Deputy Director of Homs Chemistry Faculty Brig. Gen. Nael al-Dakheel

Deputy Dean of the Architecture Faculty Mohammad Ali Nayef

Teacher Hisham Mansour

Nuclear Engineer Aws Abdelkarim

It could be that the west is taking out these intellectual and scientific figures, as they may be key components in the Syrian regime, or maybe western spies, either way, its all very suspicious, and clearly more to it, then just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Source
edit on 28-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: Link Added

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Thanks for the link.

Checking it out now

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
it looks like mossad is at work, I know a lot of people who visited there recently and they all say its not as bad as the media makes it out to be. they say there are no check points within the country.

The high streets and cafes and beaches are full of people, tourism has dropped but nothing more.

why would syria kill its own scientists, if anything they will transfer them to iran or a safe area.

this is propaganda at its best.

oh and who are these so called activists that we keep getting the updates from? who, how and where is the question

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Jeeeez!!! Remember he ones in Pakistan dropping like flies?? I'm doing the same as you O, keep an eye on this. If Syrians do rebel to the point of the U.N getting involved like NATO and Libya... Expect Syria to go out in style or go on the major offensive. Whats NATO going to do? drop a nuke on a country trying to revolt??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

If Syrians do rebel to the point of the U.N getting involved like NATO and Libya.

This is completely different to Libya, for a start Russia has to much too lose, this is why you will see Russia veto any western resolution for intervention in Syria, they will not let their strong presence in the med go without a fight, especially now Putin set to take the presidential role again, there is a lot of Geo politics involved with Syria, and also a completely different state set up to Libya.

Libya never had ally's like Russia and Iran, anyway America has got her eyes on Pakistan, and rightly so, its Israel and the Europe who have a focus on Syria.

Scary times really.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Thanks for the reply. I was just assuming since NATO flew into Libya within a month of warning Gadaffi they would, I was speculating that they would go into Syria. The Middle East isn't really my thing but I guess I've got to start learning about it now hey? hehe.

Star for teaching me something new dude.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just a thought.
it could be american/ THEM.
assassinateing scientices.
it stops they building things!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
At this point it's all speculation and conjecture. Ask yourself this though who has the most to gain or hide by killing Syrian scientist?

new topics

top topics

join