Here are some of the things I have gathered for my survival kit.
I will be adding more items to the list as I buy them, but to tell you the truth the first thing you should consider on buying is a GUN and AMMO. A
gun can protect you and in the worse case scenario get you everything you need from other people by force SIMPLE AS THAT. But since I don't want to be
that kind of person I gathered my own things.
There is a lot of survival situations that require different types of items, I will try to get everything I can for any situation.
Here is My survival kit and the uses I will give them.
1) GUN / AMMO = I currently own a Taurus PT92, SCCY CPX2 9mm handguns, I plan to buy a 12ga shotgun and a .22LR Rifle for hunting my food. I still
need to buy more ammo, but always buy at least 1 box of other calibers, you never know if you will end up finding a gun that's not you caliber but you
have some ammo for it and then you can use it. I currently have ammo for .22LR, 380, 9mm, .40 and 12GA. 9mm and .22lr are the cheapest and most used
so stock everything you can buy, I plan to buy a box of (100) 9mm every 2 weeks. You can always trade ammo for food and other things.
2) CROSS BOW = I bought a small cross bow just to have it, I paid $10 on a gun show and bought extra darts and parts for it, you can use it to protect
yourself or hunt your food without making to much sound compared to a gun.
3) SLINGSHOT = Other thing I bought just to have it, shot rock with it etc. I still prefer my 9mm.
4) HANDCUFF = Always good to have to use with the bad guy.
5) KNIFES = I have several pocket knives and big knives, they can be used to prepare your food, kill your food, etc. you have the idea.
6) NIGHTVISION = I'm using a Bushnell Monocular with IR light, works very good to hunt at night or for surveillance.
7) BINOCULARS = I have 2 of them, you know what are they for, no need to explain.
1) VHF/UHF/POLICE Scanner = to scan the airwaves you can find out if other people are alive and where they are listeng to police and military to find
out how bad is the situation out there etc.
2) FRS/GMRS radios = 7 out 10 families in the US have one of this radios, you can use them to comunicate if the cell towers stop working, find out who
is close to you, if they are targeting you, etc.
3) WALKIE TALKIE TYPE CELLPHONES = When you set this phones to "Mototalk or Directalk" they work off the network and you can have PRIVATE
conversations cellphone to cellphone between your family without anyone knowing what you are saying or where you are, the channels are frequency
hopping and NO ONE can scan them to hear you (only the FCC and FBI have equipment to do this). I use Motorola i355 From Nextel it holds abuse due to
their military specs.
4) DUAL BAND HAM RADIO = On my case I have a UHF 400mhz-480mhz radio that I can use to comunicate with ham radio people, ebay have some good and cheap
dual band VHF/UHF radios that you can buy, get repeater information in your area, some of those repeater might still be active and you can use them to
comunicate with others.
5) MARINE RADIO = I have one for the just in case, if I end up going to the coast at least I have a radio to comunicate with boats to pick me up, hear
6) EMERGENCY RADIO = You got to love Radio Shack Clearance prices, I got a nice emergency radio for $5 I get TV, AM, FM, Weather frequencies on it, it
has a flashlight and blinking red light, good to have always.
7) SOLAR PANEL = You need to recharge the batteries of your radios, flashlights, etc, I have a Solar Panel Briefcase modified two provide 14v @ 1amp,
I use this solar panel with small electronics using a regulator or you can charge a 12v Marine Battery (wich I have with my other survival kit
electronics int he garage)
8) PARACHUTE FLARE = It can be used as a signaling device or a distress signal.
1) LAMP = Try to get a LED lamp that consumes very little power, I got one from Lowes that has 3 light settings and last days using the lowest
2) FLASHLIGHTS = I have different types of flaslights all of them are LED from AAA, AA, C and D. I have different ones because you never know what
type of battery you will find available, MAGLITE 3watt LED flaslights are the best, they are powerfull and last a lot with only (2) D Alkaline
3) CANDLES = I have bunch of small 1/2" tall , 1" round candles somewhere, good to have for lighting a small room and not waste the batteries.
4) RED FLARES = Can be used to signal someone or iluminate an area.
1) MULTI-SCREWDRIVER = I went to the dollar store and got one of those screwdrivers that have different bits, very lightweight and small and can be
used to fix anything in the run.
2) HAMMER = I got a small hammer from a SKILL kit, good to break a glass, hammer nails, etc very small and not to heavy.
3) WRENCH = I use a small wrench that came with the SKILL kit, you never know when you need to adjust a nut or bolt to fix something, once again small
4) NYLON ROPE = Always good to have a small diamater 100' Nylon rope or line.
5) SUPER GLUE = It can be used to close a wound, fix things, etc.
6) GAS TORCH = Many uses, I have 2 of them, waterproof and the small one last lots of time.
1) Alcohol bottle, Alcohol prep pads, hand sanitizer, elastic bandage wrap, rolled gauze, gauze pads, waterproof tape, bandages, hydrogen peroxide,
triple antibiotic ointment, Aleve, rubber gloves, filtered water bottle and high energy shots to keep you awake.
I have a bunch of other stuff on my garage for water treatment, and power generator, ropes, tools etc. I'm planning on buying some MRE food, power
bars, slim jims, water filters, baby wipes, survival tricks and tips literature book, etc.
Here are some pictures of some of the items. Taurus PT92 handgun is been refinish that's why it looks like that with no trigger
edit on 28-9-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason
edit on 28-9-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)