It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake swarm sparks fear of Volcanic eruption and Mega-Tsunami off Canary Islands.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is scary stuff. If there is a volcanic eruption then that dodgy rock, wotsitsname, might just slip into the sea and cause a Tsunami across the Atlantic.

More than 8,000 tremors have been recorded on island in the last two months

This feeds into the belief that volcanic activity on La Palma - the most tectonically active of the Canary Islands - could trigger a mega-tsunami.

The theory - which has never been confirmed - claims that a possible fault line through the island would cause a major landslide under certain circumstances.

That landslide would then spark a tsunami that would cause extensive damage all down the Atlantic Coast of the U.S., the Caribbean, Western Europe, West Africa and the east coast of South America

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 28-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I see this involves the island of El Hierro, and not La Palma. However, El Hierro is just south of La Palma so the results would likely be the same.

Chances are it's just your normal movement. However, if there really is something brewing there then something really bad could happen.

Guess it's always something. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I mean yea its possible.. but really what isnt? If you look here: www.emsc-csem.org... you can see that you may be right, pleanty of activity in the Canary Island region. But, I give it a slim chance for anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

psssst...I think it's the Atlantic, not the Pacific...But hey that's just me.

This one has been rearing it's ugly head quite a bit lately, wonder why I'm seeing so many posts about it

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hmm, all of a sudden the East isnt laughing at the West about the inevitable "Big One"

Theres looks just as bad, Probably triggerable by the same event.

-GM

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

You're right. Dam, I hate getting my oceans wrong. Edited to fix. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sorry, but we are already talking about El Hierro in the following ATS El Hierro

Please, add your comments to it.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptolomeo

You closing this thread?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No,
I do not have that power.

It is just informing you that there is already a thread opened with the same information before yours... and kindly asking you to contribute to that one.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ptolomeo

top topics

join