It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Cardiovascular Risk Found With NSAID Use, Study Suggests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

A new study from Rhode Island Hospital researchers suggests that controlling cholesterol may be important for heart health in patients who are taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as naproxen. The findings are based on a study on the safety of NSAID medications in clinically relevant animal models when high cholesterol is a factor. The study is published in the current issue of the journal Surgery.

Source

So..It has previously been found that taking the very popular,common medication known as NSAIDs ( most common variants of nsaids :aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen) with recent experimental findings have pointed to an actually increase in the chance of heart attack & stroke contrary to what has been previously known...and told to the populace.

So now here we have another recent study stating the implications of taking nsaid meds especially with high cholesterol.
sadly in which I suffer from because of a genetic abnormality that runs on my fathers side of the family

this is quite alarming if you ask me! my mother takes aspirin daily with the belief & hope that it could help keep blood thin decreasing the chance of what the medication is touted to prevent in the very first place, now I find it could very well be a culprit in hurting more than it helps!

I wonder how long this has really been known,throw these kind of findings along with fluoride and a vaccine here and there you end up with a really convenient albeit slow population control mechanism.

I know this has been touched upon before although this is a new study,I feel these kind of subjects & this kind of information needs to be well known.

Additonal info can be found here:www.surgjournal.com

previous threads on the subject:
-Common Painkillers Raising Serious Concerns

-Aspirin--what you don't know can kill you...
edit on 28-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is no safe medicine. All have side effects. If it is possible,better not to use. If it is really needed - use in moderation since ,if i am allowed to rephrase Paracelsus a bit, all medications are simply poisons in low doses.
Finding dosage that will work on something we want it to while not doing anything harmful somewhere else is impossible.
Nsaids specifically are known to cause problems to cardiovascular system for years,harm depending on specific medicine and dosage. High cholesterol group specifically in risk - this is new.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The main ingredient in pharmaceuticals is always greed.
That's why there's so many side effects.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am not too sure that you should include aspirin in this list . . . it sounds like a study that is more specific to naproxin and other closely related NSAIDS (such as Ibuprofen and its relation to increased strokes in some people). Aspirin still has MANY studies that have been done that backup its benefits for the circulatory system. This is definitely something to keep an eye on though . . . only time and further study will bring out the truth in this . . . so if you take an aspirin a day . . . I would personally keep taking it until there is more information on this study.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
There is no safe medicine. All have side effects. If it is possible,better not to use. If it is really needed - use in moderation since ,if i am allowed to rephrase Paracelsus a bit, all medications are simply poisons in low doses.
Finding dosage that will work on something we want it to while not doing anything harmful somewhere else is impossible.
Nsaids specifically are known to cause problems to cardiovascular system for years,harm depending on specific medicine and dosage. High cholesterol group specifically in risk - this is new.

well said,very true.

Originally posted by orbitbaby
The main ingredient in pharmaceuticals is always greed.
That's why there's so many side effects.

Definitely,a lot of money is made unfortunately at others expense.

Originally posted by nonnez
I am not too sure that you should include aspirin in this list . . . it sounds like a study that is more specific to naproxin and other closely related NSAIDS (such as Ibuprofen and its relation to increased strokes in some people). Aspirin still has MANY studies that have been done that backup its benefits for the circulatory system. This is definitely something to keep an eye on though . . . only time and further study will bring out the truth in this . . . so if you take an aspirin a day . . . I would personally keep taking it until there is more information on this study.

I included aspirin because previous research has linked it with negative side effects, it also being a nsaid I wanted to make brief mention for anyone who may not of been aware of the different variants of nsaids just in case.
I do not take a aspirin daily myself,only my mother.
it should be said she probably takes more ibuprofen as well so I made note how it worries me overall.

I agree,further research needs to be done but from what I have already researched I would say that I would NOT take anything,let alone nsaids just because one doctor says so,I always recommend a second opinion.

At the end of the day it is your choice,your life.

It is a shame we have to even worry about things like this to begin with,a part of life sure,I do not trust big pharmaceuticals one bit or the FDA for that matter,most are crooks in the grand scheme of things,I am not saying all associated/employed are in on it but the higher ups I would not doubt for one sec.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just returned doing my civic duty on a case involving Motrin causing Steven Johnson Syndrome (SJS) & Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) disease. Jury awarded went to plaintiff for manufacture (Johnson & Johnson) defendant not warning on their over-the-counter (OTC) Motrin label of this rare but extremely harmful disease. When Motrin was a RX drug the warning was in their warning pamphlet that doctors had access to, so they knew of the dangers this drug presented to the public. General public should be aware of the potential side effects of Motrin when purchasing.

top topics

join