It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blinking star-like objects

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok I can see the red-blue-white blinking star/object lately when we get clear sky.
As far as I can tell it doesn't move.
Anyway, what the heck is it? It's as bright as Sirius if not a bit more.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

You see many things in the sky at night, like helicopters flashing white lights.

I too have been seeing these flashing lights in the sky. Just as described on the many occasions i have seen a light flash in the sky.

I have seen what skeptics would call a reflection from a satelite on over 100 occasions, once over ten incidents happened in one night. (sometimes upto 3 at one time)

I have seen objects fly past at great speeds which definately give off smoke at certain points (almost in the same way fireworks do)

The technology is not impossible, its possible to create friction using electro magnetics which can be fueled by hydrogen. This would create no sound and could create a greater force than earth's gravity allowing a UFO to hover.

I don't think any of you are in any real danger, however i am going to have a look into if what you are seeing is common with many offline ppl as well as you guys online here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Last night the big 'blinking star' was there as well as two smaller ones, am I the only person seeing more than one? I see at least two or three a night (given a clear-ish sky)?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KJellybean

I think ATS forum users are confusing what has been seen here

A fixed blinkering star/planet is not what I'm talking about, AND by the sounds of it not what the OP and several other posters are talking about. There are many stars out there that twinkle (and in many different colours)

what the OP is talking about is a flash, as if you were able to fly like superman and hover in a fixed posistion without anyone knowing you are there, and then taking a photo using your flash... the flashes differ in intensity

some flashes would be like the light from 500 disposable camera flashes going off at once.. some are more like just a single disposable camera going off....

the object that is flashing that i have only seen as a result of it flashing, does not flash in just one posistion. It can flash once in one place and then in another place 30 seconds later.

a seond UFO I have seen upwards of 100 times most sceptics would explain as satelittes... I have seen upto 3 of these at once, meaning that they are three seperate objects. I have seen 2 head from north to south and 1 head south to north. I have also seen one flashe on and off while flying over which I am certain is the same as the others... these objects are not that high in the sky, may'be about 5000feet above sea level...

when you look these objects online people will tell you that they are reflections from satelittes, however to see over 100 in three months, when you've never seen one before is a bit strange... they seem to be slightly larger than a basket ball, which means they can't be manned, in fact must be being flown by remote.

I have also seen objects fly past my house at very high speeds at low heights, again a bit larger than a basket ball, in these cases they have given off smoke. They look a bit like fireworks, however are definatly not fireworks.

All objects are silent... I have also never been able to see these items except when they are lit up... I have only ever seen the ufo's mentioned above when it has been dark.

Like I said before in order for the objects I've seen to fly, they would have to be able to create gravity to hover as I have seen them. The only way you can do that is by creating friction, which can be created using electro magnetics...

if they were ufo's then in the case of the ones that look like reflections from satelittes then they are trying to look like reflections from UFO's. The fact is you can't see them when they turn their lights off. So what purpose would a being have creating an object that people would mistake for a satelite reflection?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by piles

Yes! Spot on, that is a great summary of what i tried to describe several times. Its not a scintillating star... but something which moves around. But you typically cannot see them.

I'm pretty sure this phenomenon isn't satellites bearing the sun's reflection, as for the lack of a "flaring" effect. For instance, when the sun catches a solar panel on a satellite in orbit it looks something like this:

Notice how the satellite slowly dims in and out again, over a period of 20 seconds or so. A reflection like this from above can sometimes be a lot quicker but still noticeable that it is a satellite reflecting the sun (the intensity of it and that it takes a while).

The thing i have been seeing and yourself, is like an instant flash. Typically there is no dimming at all (as in the video above), but rather an instantaneous point of light lasting no longer than half a second and then simply disappearing for X amount of time (has been anywhere from 5 - 60 seconds), then repeating the same odd flash, followed by another delay. At each point these things "flash" is the only time you can see them... there is no trailing visible object or "blob". However they clearly flash in different points of the sky, suggesting it is something being maneuvered (i say this, because i have witnessed them double-back on themselves, or do strange A-B-C-D as i have probably posted many times in this thread by now
).

Any other "obvious" solution is out of the question. I have spent many nights researching the web for any idea on "pings" of light just happening in the sky. The nearest thing i could find out was that sometimes very small meteorites can be small enough to not have a trail, and do actually happen to look like a flash of light... but if this - REALLY WERE - the case, one would ask why they seem to happen in the general small patch of sky were the first one occurred (moving from point A-B-C-D and so on). Meteorites tend to be randomly scattered and go form any direction.

The other one possible solution is that these are meteorites hitting the atmosphere at a perfect angle which is symmetrical to your line of sight when looking up. Ok, i can agree with a one-off flash on that idea.... but when spotting 4... 5... 10... or even 20+ within at most 10 minutes time, this is almost like asking for lighting to strike the same random spot 20 times within 10 minutes.

There has also been times as i mentioned in the opening post of this thread, where the flash of light seemed to actually stay lit for longer than the usual sighting (possibly 3 quarters of a second), in which the light left a motion trail and literally turned in the other direction at more-or-less a 100 degree angle. Among other oddity's the spontaneous change in direction is the strangest.
edit on 15/10/2011 by InsideYourMind because: fixed video (should work now)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
inside your mind, could you answer me the following questions please

what date approx did you first start seeing these flashes etc...?

did you post on this forum quite a bit before this happened...?

what do you think they are...?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by piles
inside your mind, could you answer me the following questions please

what date approx did you first start seeing these flashes etc...?

did you post on this forum quite a bit before this happened...?

what do you think they are...?

The first time i originally noticed this thing was probably back in november of last year (approx.). Generally some time between october/november. So almost a year ago.

I possibly have seen them before unnoticed... but no i had only started browsing this forum as a guest earlier this year.

Personally i'm not quite sure... the nearest thing i can relate to is what i posted in the above comment about meteorites... but that doesn't even make a lot of sense, in the same kind of way that a typical metallic disc sighting turns out to be swamp gas, it really feels like that kind of an explanation (what i'm trying to say is that it would be a forced explanation, that just isn't plausible).

With all respect to the definition of "UFO", i would say it is unidentified and appears to be flying (moving from point to point).

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

just to explain when i saw my first UFO

August 2008 I saw one in daylight, big enough to be manned (about the size of a 12.5 tonne lorry)

1st January 2010, i saw an orange flame ball about the size of a zorbing ball at about 7pm (it was dark)
10th January 2010, i saw an orange flame ball about the size of a zorbing ball at about 10pm
3rd July 2010, i saw what sceptics usually describe as satellite flying over at 11.15pm (this was reported by someone else here www.uk-ufo.co.uk... ) and also a youtube video was posted filming the same night, although i saw something different, the you tube video is here www.youtube.com... the object in this youtube video link is more like what i saw on the 1st and 10th of january 2010)

15th december 2010, i saw a red flare like object appear about 200ft above me at about 11.30pm, it remained stationery for about 20seconds and then flew off at about 30mph, which i had in my eyesight for about 2 minutes.

from the 15th december until about August I have seen a countless (I really have lost count) amount of objects (UFO's) in the sky at night.

I'm from Dorchester, Dorset BTW...

My mother about 2 weeks ago saw what she was convinced was a satellite reflection at about 8.30pm, the same thing I keep seeing..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piles

Ah okay I get you, and on that note I have seen something weird over the last year or so. Only a few times and once very recently, the sky was clear and I stood looking at the sky and this giant white orb just came almost down (by down I mean like someone dropped into Earth's atmosphere) out of nowhere zoomed across the sky making no sound what so ever and for something that big, you'd expect some, when it flew over the lake near my house it zigged really quickly to another part of the sky but carrying on in the same direction. The zig-zagging orb happened twice, the light appearing from nowhere happened a few times, once it hovered by the moon, slowly moved past a few large stars and then zoomed off faster than any aircraft I know about (man made that is =P)

I know it's not the same thing but we can all agree that the skies are getting very entertaining.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

My girlfriend and I have seen the same thing. At about 10:30pm here in Florida we seen a stationary flash of light nearly directly overhead. I counted between intervals which was 50 seconds or so. Then after about 30 minutes we saw the light very dimly move just a half an inch or so at arms length. Out of no where shortly after we observed another flashing object right next to the bright one. These lights then started flashing in much shorter intervals and seemed to disappear. I do not know what we are seeing in the sky, but I too know what satellites and other orbital objects look like in the sky and these lights have no explanation.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yes i live in florida too bro and ive been watching these blinking star like things for about 6 years ago was the first time i noticed them ive seen one moving acrost then out of no where a hole group of then came acrost the shy last winter in 2014 in largo clearwater area where i was living at the time and ive told family and friends they think im crazy and think its a satalite and i see them all the time any where i go summer winter fall spring but i usually star watch more in winter no bugs lol but yah ur not crazy or any thing and it feels good some one any one around here see,s what i see to cause out of every one i know its like im the only one to notice the fashing moving lights at night ever besides my mother who is the only person that belives me about it but most of them they only move in circles and flash white and some of them flash red too i see them any time after dark but usualy its like 10 pm thru 6am . i just seen one sitting on my back porch and got on here and had to post when i seen yours. and guy from arkansas my cousins live in clinton ark and when i go there on vacation yah its pitch black there and i have seen them like crazy up there too so from every ones post on here and first hand seen them other places they are all over the place and im not just talking about there zig zag pattern but that too lol

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsideYourMind
Hi, just been outside in the early morning hours for a cigarette and to watch the sky (very clear night) here in Bristol. Observing the skies as always looking out for satellites, shooting stars and the likes. I was facing east and looking vertically up for a few minutes and saw a flash slightly lower down from my view in the corner of my eye. @ Approx. 4:45am

Anyway, i immediately looked to where this flash came from and thought "that was odd" when it happened again, so i stood there trying to guess where the next flash would happen (as if it was an object in orbit, reflecting the sun). But it appeared to have no obvious flightpath across the sky, the object was only visible during the brief flash, which also varied in brightness every other time it occurred. There was a random delay between flashes (5-30 seconds) and it appeared to change speed.

So as i was watching this thing go upwards (from east to west) it suddenly appeared about an index finger (at arms length) to the right of my view. Immediately after that, there was a very odd burst of small flashes around where i guess this object was and it left a smear of white light for about half a second (like a long exposure photo of car headlights moving during the night) . Next thing i know this blinking light is now traveling down-wards and literally 1-2cm (at arms length) to the east of Jupiter in the sky, whereas before it was traveling upwards from my view and was approximately 2 index fingers away from Jupiter. Blinked several more times and just disappeared...

Its the kind of flash as if you could imagine someone snapping a photo at night from a long way away facing your direction. The thing that really gets me, is these lights never appear on the horizon, they just start blinking for a short moment in a random part of the sky.

I'm posting this thread because i want to know what this was. I have tried researching things like "star-like flashing lights in the sky" but never found anything which fits what i have seen. Shooting stars, satellites, ISS, space-junk, just doesn't fit. I watch the sky for at least an hour every night when the stars are visible, and i do know what a satellite (artificial or man-made) behaves like.

Now i know this probably isn't that interesting just being a blinking light, but i have wondered for a long time what these mysterious flashes are? I know of the flaring effect when satellites reflecting sun-rays from their solar panels as they rotate, for example. However that does not explain the erratic movement between flashes, such as chicane-like movements, blinking twice in the exact same spot, or even doubling back on itself. As well as the fact this is just a flash/blink that happens almost instantaneously, in an on-off fashion.

I've watched several of these things in the past and all pretty much act in the same way as i tried to explain here. Its really bugging me that i can't find an explanation for it. Any ideas?

By the way, if anyone seen these strange flashes this morning (4-5am england) then please post about it, i'd really like to know what it could have been. Thanks.

Hi all. I'm new so bear with me. Don't even know if I did the quote thing right!!
There is another thread under "Strange flashes in the night sky, what are they and have you seen them" posted by tarifa37 4 july 2008 that describes the same thing.

I live in South Africa in a small coastal town Ballito( Kwazulu Natal)
My experience was exactly the same. I like the descriptions "ping" and "camera Flash" as this describes it the best. Seen it 4 times now over a period of 2 years. The first flash/ping drew my eye. While wondering what it could be a second ping but in a different position then a third in a complete different position and direction. and a fourth again in a different position and direction. obviously not something moving in orbit or in a straight line. One cant tell if its moving!!! Flashes are stationary. The first impression I got was that something was signalling the other. If the origin of the flash is from the same source it can surely not be man made because that's a hell of a distance to cover in a very short time( 2 to 3 secs between flashes). What I experienced was that it happens early evening hours 19:00 to 22:00.
On the last 2 occasions it was interesting to see a satellite orbiting in the same general location from where these pings originate. Don't know if its coincidence. This has been bothering me for a long time and I hope that someone has an explanation. Surely NASA must know as it is a frequent event!!! Cant wait for the next sighting!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see fake stars and fake planes every day. You are not alone.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Check out this post by Ricky John...he actually caught this on his mobile camera...

youtu.be...

Exactly what i saw, but i saw more than one flash a few seconds apart in the same vicinity but in random places... not in a straight line..

Thanks for this Ricky..

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
saw it again. Last night at 20.30 pm GMT South Africa . 3 x Camera flashes or pings - the same thing you see in the link posted above. Flashes about 5 secs apart. This happened directly east at +- 35 degrees from the horison between Jupiter and Libra. This time the flashes were about in the same position (not like previous ones i have seen ) ...???

edit on 5-3-2016 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just saw something very similar in lincoln, nh.... sometimes it was bright sometimes dim....
reply to: InsideYourMind

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marceldp1
Check out this post by Ricky John...he actually caught this on his mobile camera...

youtu.be...

Exactly what i saw, but i saw more than one flash a few seconds apart in the same vicinity but in random places... not in a straight line..

Thanks for this Ricky..

Seriously that could be a guy with a torch an led bulb or anything that produces a light.
edit on 2-4-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Could be, but why would he wait over a minute to swich it on? I have seen this many times now and it is very difficult to catch on cam and impossible to photograph. Stargaze more and youll also see it. I have seen this phenomena about 7 times now in 2 years and i bet if i go out more and look up i will see it happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: marceldp1

I have seen this phenomena about 7 times now in 2 years and i bet if i go out more and look up i will see it happen.

There are many satellites up there and just after sun set they will catch the suns light when they rotate and give that blinking effect you said you saw.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I think you are referring to an iridium flare. This is not it. No satellite visible before or after the flash and flashes does'nt follow a straight line.
edit on 3-4-2016 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join