It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blinking star-like objects

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Update: Seen it again tonight! Around 9:45 PM same dark road I go down every night (we live in the middle of nothingness) It flashed,blinked and zig zagged then went dark (or moved so fast it appeared that way) and showed up about a half a mile away in the same path, all within less than a sec,then it went so fast I lost it. Again no sound.

There is this one odd star I have been watching every night, it twinkles like crazy and changes colors non stop (almost like it's signaling or some sort of code). It caught my eye about 2 weeks ago because it sat so low almost where the treeline is, but tonight it moved a whole finger upward within 15 mins. Also, I seen a very small red light shoot off of it, that could have been where the flashing thing came from? Anyway is it normal for stars to move upward like that? This is the first night it has moved from its position near the treeline in 2 weeks.
My next investment will be a good camera, I just have to video this, it's like every night here in TN.
Anyone have any answers please send me a msg and let me know, I am more than curious now!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

cant wait to spend some quality time star gazing...some amazing stuff to be seen and im determined to catch some of this.....

Mostly you have to be patience and keep a watchful eye open to the sky, allot of people think they can just go out and see something but it doesn't usually work that way (not saying that you do that of course). Stargazing really pays off...or it sure will make you scratch your head and say WTH was that?

Had I of not watched this flashing object carefully tonight I would have easily discounted it as a plane. Good luck, and I hope you get to see something amazing!!! If not come to my part of the woods here in TN.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
Update: Seen it again tonight! Around 9:45 PM same dark road I go down every night (we live in the middle of nothingness) It flashed,blinked and zig zagged then went dark (or moved so fast it appeared that way) and showed up about a half a mile away in the same path, all within less than a sec,then it went so fast I lost it. Again no sound.

There is this one odd star I have been watching every night, it twinkles like crazy and changes colors non stop (almost like it's signaling or some sort of code). It caught my eye about 2 weeks ago because it sat so low almost where the treeline is, but tonight it moved a whole finger upward within 15 mins. Also, I seen a very small red light shoot off of it, that could have been where the flashing thing came from? Anyway is it normal for stars to move upward like that? This is the first night it has moved from its position near the treeline in 2 weeks.
My next investment will be a good camera, I just have to video this, it's like every night here in TN.
Anyone have any answers please send me a msg and let me know, I am more than curious now!

Got a long post so I'm posting it in pieces

Got my camera this morning.... I'm ready to film this... but i am also taking your advice friend.....
I'm going out expecting something but at the same time I'm reserving myself and not "wanting" or "longing" for this like a prearranged rendezvous or something. I really feel like this is beginning of more and more of these sightings because pretty much what you explained happened last night mixed in with what happened to me on the 23rd (my other previous posts) just happened to me... last night. It was the same friend who was over on the 23rd so he is a new witness (along with another new witness).

Around 9:50 I decided to go to my front door and check the skies. I was doing this nights before and since that incident so this was nothing new. I was getting myself accustomed to star gazing because since the encounter I had been building myself up until I got a camera... hoping so bad to catch this light on camera. My friend was still in my room but after a nice jam session (we're musicians) he was getting his stuff together to head home. Well, I'm at the front door looking in a southernly direction when all of a sudden in the southwesternly skies I see a blinking light. I immediately told my friend to come look at this... .he came to the front door and looked at this object dimming itself and making itself brighter... to him it even looked as if it was moving. This I didn't notice at first but just in case I used this big tree in my front yard as a gauge of movement. I watched this thing slowly pull away from the tree (the measure) and kept a western and maybe slightly southern path.. it looked like a twinkling star except it would totally dim out and come back bright. My friend and I watched this thing and other oddities with utter amazement for around 5 minutes. We then started noticing LOTS of planes nearby crossing.... some following each other (seen this three times alone) Some low some high... all in all I probably seen about 35-40 planes past within a span of 2 and a half hours... (will elaborate more) Well within that 5-10 minutes of watching the skies with my friend we seen maybe 8-10 planes past while watching this extremely bright object (I know the people on those planes HAD to see it). Well my friend decides to leave but says "if anything crazy happens then keep me updated"

Well he left and it was just me and my cousin's (one of the witness's from the incident that happened on the 23rd) boyfriend.... he was chillin at my place until my cousin got off work. He had been watching this object the whole time with me.. and I flat out told him " I'm bout to sit outside in the freezing cold.. and ima watch this thing until it leaves!".. so we both watched, all the while plane after plane after plane was whizzing by... low, high, some fast as hell and some slow. We kept using the tree as a gauge and it slowly but sure was pulling away... but this isn't even the good part yet..around 10:50 after watching this one light for an hour... comes another most brilliant light almost out of nowhere.. This came from the southern skies and it was almost like it was showing off.. Clouds would come through and block out all the twinkling stars but this one light REFUSED to be blocked out...and just to make things more creepy.. it would dim itself out when the sky would get clear and then bring itself back in the same clear skies.. it repeated this process over and over while slowing moving in a northern direction. Me and my cousin's boyfriend were astounded to the point where he called my cousin during one of her break's at work and asked if she could see any kind of bright light in the sky. She told him she could see it.. so that means whoever was out during 10:50 p m till around 12:40 a m had to have seen this....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Description of Light(s): The first light was further away. It was moving but very slowly and it's light wasn't near as brilliant as the second light. But while focusing on that one light for an hour I would notice small erratic quick movements but it would stay in the same generally area
I was definitely confused about that... I also used the other stars as gauge and this thing definitely was not a star but it looked like one. For one I knew it wasn't a star for the simple fact the rate it was moving and the fact that it would dim out and come back (not twinkling but completely go out and then come back). It stayed in the sky for approximately 1 hour. This light was like a prelude to the other light....

The second light was magnificent. It was like my first encounter/incident but minus the color changing.... it stayed mostly white this time but would also have a violet kind of tint to it... was very mesmerizing and awe-inspiring. I watched this light dim and come back numerous times... i even would leave the light for 15 to 20 minutes on purpose just to see how far it has moved and if it was still dimming and brightening itself and to my astonishment it was.... and it stayed till around 12:40 am from 10:50 pm. Truly amazing and it shook my friend to the core to the point where he was literally shaking....

Planss for Tonight: Well, I gotta go out there so ima start from 9:50 until at least 11:00 pm and if nothing has shown up by then well I'll just try again another night... if the same light comes back at 10:50 pm in the same spot and everything well then that lets me know that it's some type of celestial body or something that occurs more normally than we think.... so that's what i'm gauging tonight... positioning, the manner of movement, and the color changing.... these objects are not twinkling stars though cause I was watching twinkling stars last night and I compared them to the lights that I was seeing and it just didn't add up at all...

I'm keeping my eyes to the sky and best believe if I get ANYTHING abnormal on camera I will be sure to post a vid ASAP. The only downfall is I got the camera but in my rush I forgot to get a SD memory card for it so it's gonna be a bunch of really short vids but if the proof is there it's not gonna matter right?

Well i'm out for now everyone... and here's to an eventful night in the skies for everyone!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Thanks for the replys. But i'm not sure if that's the same thing i have seen.

Hard to explain, but its "star-like" when it blinks on for the half a second or so that it appears. Lets say there was a guy floating around in the upper atmosphere with a camera, and randomly every few seconds he would snap a photo facing your direction. Its like that. You don't see the guy holding the camera, but just the flash as he moves around. I'm not sure if thats a good example, as i said its hard to explain.

But its not a constant flashing or blinking, just a single "ping" followed by a delay, if you like.

Here is a thread i think is similar to what i just seen:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw this exact same thin here from Aberdeen about a month ago. It was like a camera flashing (but it was the size of a star). It got brighter everytime it flashed, maybe about 2 seconds apart...very odd

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the flashing light over the weekend near the moon?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

This is the same thing I always see on the sky in the night.I see these things at about any hour of the night(starting from 8 PM).I live in Romania.I am so happy that somebody else saw this things.heh

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I personally don't think ufos are real; but im a seeing is believing person. Most likely a us gov thing. thats where the secrets are.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

I noticed that motion- Zig zag effect. When I see the objects I focus on a stationary star right next to the moving object and at the same time keeing the moving object in my vision, doing this makes it easier to see the zig zagging of the object.....works for me #

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hi, i also live in uk, south london, and i have seen a very similar object in my nightsky, above my town....it was also flickering and appeared very bright at beginning before dimming and after one minute it moved away in a straight line to my right and then vanished.

it was a very bright star like object that i have never seen before and it is NOT suppose to be there i have lived here for 19 years and i know my nightsky very well, and the planet Mars is the brightest object here in the sky always in its same position to the right on my window (as you will see in my recording) , thats why this object caught my attention, as i gazed out my bedroom window, i had to get my glasses just to see if this was for real....im short sighted and could see this VERY clearly....

anyways i posted a video on youtube please take a look.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ifonlyicould
I personally don't think ufos are real; but im a seeing is believing person. Most likely a us gov thing. thats where the secrets are.

Heh, well this is deffinetely a UFO, so far whatever it is, it hasn't been identified.

I tried to not use the word UFO in the opening post as its common for people to jump to "aliens". Though a UFO isn't neccesarily extra-terrestrial as most people seem ot think.

Simply the term Unidentified Flying Object, is exactly that.

The most likely thing i can come to terms with is also what you wrote, i would guess it could be an experimental craft or upper-atmosphere project of some kind... this is probably a bit far fetched and 1984 sounding, but maybe its some form of un-manned surveilance drone? It could explain the freaky movements and the flash. But then you think about why would they need a flash for taking aerial photos at night. When you are that high off the ground, a flash isn't going to illuminate any part of the photo whatsoever. Theres also the other fact that a secret project, government or not... it's not supposed to be seen.

Could be anything...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thought i would share these video clips my friend managed to capture on thusday 29 september.
Some of the clips are rubbish but i uploaded them all together.
Im having trouble adding videos so if someone wants to check on youtube channel inersha101 and upload them to here it would be appreciated

The tags are ufo or star watford london 29/092011.
If anyone wants any more info just ask

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
People are still seeing this thing, the MSM are putting it out as mistaken identity but I saw this in the same area of the sky at Jupiter so know its not that

New story here: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This is strange. I went out around 1PM to do some routine sky watching ....

While I was out there I decided to practice taking video on my new equipment as it is very difficult to get a steady moving shot in full zoom as even the slightest motion will shake the crap out of the video. I am just south of the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and every day there are gliders in the air. So I shot some footage today of gliders, sky divers, etc.

Anyway while I was looking at the videos, in this one particular video, I notice a small round object flashing light. Almost looks like a rotating mirror.

It comes into the frame at around 25 seconds and you can then see it for the rest of the video.

You can't see the object unless you watch in 1080p in full screen. Watch the lower right of the video

I have taken some zoomed screen shots and it looks like a silver reflective ball reflecting light.

I have been doing a lot of observing of the sky these days and know every object in the area. From balloons, plastic bags, gliders, planes, sky divers, jet lines, private jets, birds, you name it ...

I haven't been able to identify this one ...

Any ideas?
edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You sure that was a cigarette? I am just asking. Stars flicker yah know.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I live in Arizona and every night to the West, I notice what I always thought was a star or a planet blinking in the sky. Does seem to change colors every now and then, I dont want to jump ahead of myself because it may be a planet, but there has been alot of activity in the sky around Arizona lately. We just had a sighting on Sept 30, 2011 two different videos taken of a triangle ufo, was on fox 10 news. I believe something big is going to change soon, just feels different lately.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

You sure that was a cigarette? I am just asking. Stars flicker yah know.

Surprised it took 10 pages until someone posted this.

Yes, a normal cigarette. Some may ask why cigarettes seem to be common around sightings... it is not because of any effect. Simply when you are outside smoking, you tend to be looking at the sky.

Again, this wasn't about a flickering star. It was something moving around the sky and was visible for short intervals (less than a second each time). I don't know how people assume anyone can be confused with scintillation and a moving object.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
When i'm sleeping my wife uses the telescope quite alot to look at the night sky.
What people describe here is very similar to what she describes. Including the apparent locations where she spotted them: near Orion and near Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Have not read the whole thread and someone may have already mentioned that a Low-Light capable camera
is imperative if taking pictures of the night sky. Here is a link that list some good low-light cameras for under
250$ that may or may not be good for night sky work.
www.bestinclass.com...

There is a place to change the Price Scale of the cameras to see more of a selection. Some are in the $ 2,500
range.
I might add that a Tripod is highly recommended especially if doing videos. Most times the picture
taker only has enough time to grab a camera and take a quick shot so have all the 'Presets' for a night shot
setup already. I keep a camera ready at all times but it would have to be a bright object for my not-so-good
camera to capture it.

Hope you get some good pics !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have been seeing these for around a year now, I'm up until about 4-5am every night and always see them. There are about 2-3 very bright 'blinking stars' and a few smaller ones, do they seem blue and red in colour to you? That's how they look here, a few look like there are two of them right next to each other as a couple of 'stars' blink like crazy.
I'm in the Midlands in the UK by the way =)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join