It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Happened to Me and I Don't Know What to Make of It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'll have to echo what a few others have said and go with Sleep Paralysis, or possibly Astral Projection.

I haven't experienced Astral Projection since I was fairly young though, so I don't recall the process of getting out of the body [noises, sensations, visuals, etc..] but I have heard that the onset is very similar to what occurs during Sleep Paralysis, which is something I experience often.

The buzzing/humming is usually how it starts, and then it escalates into vibrating that gets stronger throughout your body. Usually I end up hearing loud 'whooshing' noises, or a sound that reminds me of helicopter blades, only much slower. I [fortunately] haven't ever seen anything except the colours in my room were much more vivid, much brighter. Everything almost seemed to have a glow coming from it and it was like my vision was perfect in the pitch black darkness, and I often wondered if I had experienced Astral Projection at that time, but I was unable to go anywhere so I can't be sure. People have reported seeing all kinds of things during Sleep Paralysis - even to the extent that some alien abduction cases can be boiled down to this experience. I have felt pressure on certain parts of my body, as if I was being grabbed at, and felt weight being put onto my bed, as if someone were getting in beside me, but never saw anything to confirm that there actually was [hail Mary!].

I have also been told to give up the fear you feel - Sleep Paralysis tends to be truly frightening, as you can't move a muscle or call out for help, but you can feel/see/hear things all around you very vividly. I know some people who try to get into this state on purpose though, as it's considered a 'peak' time, a good opportunity, to leave your body so you can project yourself out. I've never been able to work past that though and I tend to panic myself 'awake'.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
my head is feeling buzzy and my limbs are getting fuzzy there is something in my room is it christian or a muzzie now im floating right above me and I think it wants to hug me as it whispers..."trust me"

Cool insight yall. I appreciate it all.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I had a situation where I was in sleep paralysis and I somehow got up and starting to move around in this world that seemed like shadowy and dream like, I remember standing in my room and looking at my sleeping body, then I walked through the hall, and stared at a window, but I could see myself from a 3rd perpsective and also from a 1st perpsective at the same time it seemed, it was like I could see everything in a dream but I was in control, I had the fear that I would not return, and just then I returned to the body and the dream scenery ended.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It's called Sleep Paralysis & or Hypnogogic or Hypnopompic Hallucination. Google it. Very similar to what a lot of my regular seizure patients describe as experiencing prior to a Grand Mal Seizure as well. I have had many frightening Sleep Paralysis/Hypnogogic/Hypnopompic Hallucination experiences. Glad yours wasn't frightening.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Had that since I was a kid. Freaked the hell out of me. My parents where terrified. They saw me building a "fence" out of pillows
Lasted for years... Then it receaded and came back some time ago.

Once I stopped trying to control it, it kinda flows more easily, you can learn a couple of funny things about yourself

Unless it's connected to an illness (mine wasn't) you don't have to be afraid of it. Although sleep paralisys is not a nice experience, but an experience nontheless. You can't have only nice experiences in life

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

That was probably you, loosing that fight with sleep. Sorry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join