It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Happened to Me and I Don't Know What to Make of It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Laying in bed about 11ish. George Noory on the radio. Small lamp turned on. Feeling drowsy, fighting sleep.

Buzzing in my head. Started soft and low. My limbs feeling heavy and can hardly move them. Buzzing grows.

Sounding like a jet engine revving up. Limbs feel like I'm swimming in glue. Looking at the foot of my bed I begin to see a grey cloud with touches of red and blue and purplish color.

Almost can make out a figure. Fighting it hard and fearing. Then I snap out of it.

What the heck was that?

edit on 27-9-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It was probably a dream.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
sounds a bit like astral projection, those are the sounds i hear when trying it. the body feeling you had sound very much like sleep paralysis. dont fight it go with the flow

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Welcome to the wonderful world of sleep paralysis. Some say it is one of many doors to lucid dreaming or OutOfBody experiences.

What you experienced is not uncommon. Do not give in to fear if it occurs.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It was an alien abduction.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Have you consumed any "illegal" substances? .. If not, go get checked out. Otherwise how the hell should we know what happened?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Lots of really odd things like visual and aural hallucinations can happen either when your just falling asleep or just waking up, I hear people calling my name a lot or load bangs, Ive had sleep paralysis a couple of times and once I woke up and the bedroom was all different colours, the walls were green instead of red and the quilt was blue instead of yellow. I fell back to sleep for a second and everything was back to normal when I woke up.

Its called hypnogogia i believe

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
Laying in bed about 11ish. George Noory on the radio. Small lamp turned on. Feeling drowsy, fighting sleep.

Buzzing in my head. Started soft and low. My limbs feeling heavy and can hardly move them. Buzzing grows.

Sounding like a jet engine revving up. Limbs feel like I'm swimming in glue. Looking at the foot of my bed I begin to see a grey cloud with touches of red and blue and purplish color.

Almost can make out a figure. Fighting it hard and fearing. Then I snap out of it.

What the heck was that?

I had something similar once. Hands and face grow warm and tingling?

Did you hear any speech? I had a related situation when I was feeling warm and cozy on my couch one afternoon. It all swelled up with something I can only call a chanting in some language I can't identify as human and eventually faded away.

I laid there for about 15 minutes before I felt comfortable with cracking an eye to make sure I was clear and then getting up to go about with the rest of my day, as I no longer enjoyed the basement.

Curious, indeed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow that sounds pretty creepy. If it reoccurs id visit the Doc and see what they make of it.
Second Line

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Firstly I don't know if you believe in astral projection or anything related.

But I can tell you this, if you had maintained your calmness, you could have seen or experienced some extra-ordinary stuff.

Maintain your inner peace if ever it occurs again. Do not be afraid.

Peace
edit on 27-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is me every night

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Have you consumed any "illegal" substances? .. If not, go get checked out. Otherwise how the hell should we know what happened?

Someone has an experience...a very valid experience...comes to ATS to see if anyone can help and here you are!!! Making the person feel all warm and fuzzy...

They posted in the right thread...
basically followed all protocol for posting...
Valid question...

btw...OP... people have already said what I would have said... *out of body* *sleep Paral* ... what's odd though...the figure you seen. The vibration you felt is also very interesting. Everything including we the people are vibrating...you seemed to have been able to tune in to that frequency. Most people never feel natural vibration. Without it...nothing would be possible.
edit on 27-9-2011 by alien because: ...needless personal commentary removed...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've had similar auditory hallucinations while testing some binural beats, only mine sounded like a motorcycle engine quickly reving up. I would guess your experience was that your mind was somewhat dreaming while you were still lucid and began having these visuals.

Or you could have possibly began to slip into an astral projection. Many people get to this stage (allegedly) and become scared only to snap out of it. They go into either partial or full paralysis and feel vibration in their body. Did you feel any vibrations in your limbs during this?
edit on 9/27//11 by superstatue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Gentle Reminder

Hi People,

We all know the rules guys...please, lets keep the drug-talk out of it and keep it civil as well...

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input.

Nope I did not nor have I ever done any illegal substances.

Yes I did also feel tingly.

Interestingly as I was driving home the song "Alien" by Katy Perry came on the radio and the lyrics were eerily reminiscent.

"A different dimenson", "I wanna be there when you vibrate", "feels like I'm floating", "wavelength"

It got me thinking does Katy Perry have these expiriences? And if it was an alien no I do not give it permission to abduct and or fill me with it's poison!

Also, I like the idea of out of body experiences but I don't think I'm ready for that.

"Could you be the devil, could you be an angel?" - KP
edit on 27-9-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I too have experienced this. It has happened twice in the last month. It starts with vibration and tingling in my hands and feet and the vibration intensifies and it feels like my whole body is shaking. I have not had any strange visions, but i have heard sounds like machinery or like the background noise on a plain. I have also felt a very strong presence close to me at the time. I have read about sleep poralysis and thats probably what it is, but it is a strange and almost scary thing to expeience. So OP just know that your not alone and whatever it is, astral projection, sleep poralysis, "dimensional upgrade", or us going crazy, there are many others having the same experiences. The good thing is that we have places like ATS where we can share our stories and connect with others who are experiencing similar events. Good Luck to You.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You really should look into them. If you already can go into such a state with no prior practice you could be very good at OBEs. I've been trying for a good few weeks now with no success. The binural beats I mentioned earlier have given me the most interesting sessions so far although.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

i dont know if this is related, but some of she scenario is the same as mine i had a year ago... i was having a very vivid dream of me being in a haunted room, kind of at the ceiling looking down and around, i could feel a presence in the room but did not know what it was, it was not my room either. i remember seeing a window with curtains flowing in the wind, and you could see the outline of fingers running through the curtains which where white. next thing i know i heard what could only be described as a dying pig squeal, and it seemed that this woke me up... now before i go further i sleep with almost a captain morgans stance, but facing the opposite direction with one arm up above my head at all times( i have back issues so difficult to get comfortable). when i "awoke" i was on my stomach, my arms were at my sides(palms facing up), legs straight, feet bent like you would walk on your tippy toes. my face was also shoved in my pillow almost, but did not feel anything pushing it. i was quite frightened at this point and thought about screaming like a 2 year old girl but nothing would come out, my voice box felt it was not moving or making vibrations, almost like the ability to communicate vocaly was turned off, i dont remember if my eyes were closed but probably not seing how they were in my pillow. my whole body could not move. when i "snapped out of it" i couldnt tell if it was a dream or not but still realized how my body was positioned, also there were people outside of my room at a table sitting down talking, and nobody heard or sensed a thing... before anyone speculates anything, the house was very haunted, voices were seldom heard, but things occasionally moved or turned off. my ex girlfriend and i used a windows phone to record us communicating with it and we seen an orb move in complete straight lines or in the outline of my girlfriends front of her body, with shadows disappearing in the video... this happened in st albans vermont and from what people say, the house use to be a funny farm which burnt down, apparently after all of the patients were moved... if anyone wants to try to look up the history on the place i dont remember the number of the house but it was on the corner off Congress and High street in St Albans vermont 05478... anybody able to shed some light on this.

Ps.. sorry if this should have been in another section but im new to this and the original story reminded me of mine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join