It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running to Mummy: Julia Gillard's parents speak out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow. Just... wow.
You know you're desperate when your parents have to speak to the media to BEG the nation to support you.
Source: www.news.com.au...

I don't even know what to say about this article. I really don't. It's incomprehensible to me that the leader of a nation would even want her parents to speak out in her support. It's just... so infantile. I'm blown away.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mate

Nearly spat my coffee all over the screen.

MMMuuuuummmmmmmmm.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Yes their sweet daughter is a hard worker, but she's also a LIAR......BUT, I will give her this much, at least she does'nt run from question time like that coward Obama!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh My God. I can't believe i just read that. "Trust her, she had done a lot of good already"

Yeah right. Australia is falling, we have a choice between either Abbot or Gillard, whom both were born in the UK. Personally, i think Rudd will be better than both of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You what?! Just trust her? This is a nation, not the task of organising a birthday party...Wow, her parents begging us to trust her and not abandon her! This is ridiculous!

WHAT bloody good has she done? How much longer will we put up with this...

Her stronghold of Victoria...I don't know one person who voted for her or who support her. Stronghold in Victoria indeed...we think she's a joke and terrible for our beautiful sunburnt land.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
People criticise Keven Rudd for not achieving much during his reign- but nothing bad ever happened. That says alot to me. He was fighting uphill to keep things stable which is more than you can say for Obama.

Gillard only took power because Kevin was preventing mining contracts being based on protected land. She mutinied for big business.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
this woman is not only an embarrassment to Australia but also to Australian women...!!

I hate that our first female PM is such a weak dellusional woman..!! I have never screamed at my tv as much as I have since this woman became PM..

+ im curious to know just how many countries out there still actually think Kev is still our PM..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

I'm not a Labor supporter but Kevin Rudd expected all those around him to work for every dime they earned and he expected them to do their bloody jobs meticulously and within reasonable time frames.....they did'nt. If he was smart he would had reshuffled his cabinet and smoked out the opposition within his own party.

Sure Rudd had a short temper....who would'nt with that lazy lot within Labor; personally I would had sacked the whole bloody lot in one big sweep. Can't be done? Yes it can!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Planet teleX

I'm not a Labor supporter but Kevin Rudd expected all those around him to work for every dime they earned and he expected them to do their bloody jobs meticulously and within reasonable time frames.....they did'nt. If he was smart he would had reshuffled his cabinet and smoked out the opposition within his own party.

Sure Rudd had a short temper....who would'nt with that lazy lot within Labor; personally I would had sacked the whole bloody lot in one big sweep. Can't be done? Yes it can!

I think that was half the problem. Kevin expected them to work, and work hard. I remember even in the opening weeks of his instalment as Prime Minister, he was expecting members of his cabinet to visit a certain number of schools in their local electorate to try to ascertain the needs of those communities, and the state of schools in general across Australia. I remember reading about the dissent over something as simple as that. "How dare you ask us to get out into our own electorates!!!"

I was never a huge fan of Kevin Rudd, but I voted for him because he was the better candidate (better than Peter Costello, who would have become PM halfway through John Howard's 4-year term)... but regardless of how I feel about him, the fact remains that he was stabbed in the back, and flung out of the top job in a pretty disgusting manner... and now we're stuck with a dead-end PM that we didn't vote for, who can't even get the support of her own party to deal with immigration issues. It's pathetic.

...and now she's running to mummy.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333
this woman is not only an embarrassment to Australia but also to Australian women...!!

I hate that our first female PM is such a weak dellusional woman..!! I have never screamed at my tv as much as I have since this woman became PM..

+ im curious to know just how many countries out there still actually think Kev is still our PM..

ditto!!!!

I am a woman and i am so embarresed that she is in powr. I mean the way she back stabbed Rudd to the way she has no concept of public speaking just is so cringeworthy. And given the choice between Abott and Gillard, I would rather not vote and pay the fine to the electrol commission.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
She was put in to tear it down.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
given the choice between Abott and Gillard, I would rather not vote and pay the fine to the electrol commission.

...I think this is the real heart of the problem. We're suffering from a lack of leadership at local, state and federal levels, with no real "saviour" of the political system in sight. Democracy is only as powerful as the people it produces, unfortunately, and that's leaving us in a difficult position. I don't want to vote for Abbott or Gillard at the next election, I don't like either - but at the same time, I can't do a "protest vote" and vote for the greens, because they're worse!

The closer we get to the next election, the more likely it looks that Tony Abbott will be our next PM - but purely and simply for the reason that in most people's eyes, he's the lesser of two very average evils...

...and that's no basis to elect a PM.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Its funny my wife doesn't really give much thought of who is in power. However whenever Julia Gillard comes on the TV and speaks she is yelling at the TV or walks out the room lol, she can't even stand the sound of her voice.

The way in which she obtained the seat of PM, I find very dodgy indeed. I do not trust her one bit. She always seems to have a smug look on her face, which in itself adds to my dislike of her.

I see she is making guests appearances on a variety of shows to uplift her rating, but then you hear that slow annoying voice, what can I say it's not gonna work for her.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 27/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

EDIT: For some reason this picture isn't working no matter what I try.

It's a banner that reads: "RECLAIM THE RADICAL SPIRIT OF THE EUREKA REBELLION"
edit on 27/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

And while we're on the subject of infantile, WTF is it with Kevin Rudd describing himself as a Happy Little Vegemite. I think he should stay at home with his Blankey until he can at least give the impression he is an adult, and less condescending as well.

And I haven't forgotten his teary little eyes when he found out no one liked him anymore.

They sell concrete at Bunnings, I suggest the whole lot of them get down there quick smart.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

to be fair, the man is clearly confused.
He still thinks he's Prime Minister!!!

new topics

top topics

join