It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God Bless Amerika

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This thread is not meant to cause offence to anyone, it is more of tongue in cheek type of post with a serious side to it.

I saw a post a week or so ago from someone who said they would rather use a bullet to kill FDR than Hitler because of the damage he's done to America. This is precisely the selfish thinking that I despise in some people, forget the people around the world who lost their lives during WW2 (including Americans) as long as America is ok.

Now don't get me wrong I have some friends from the States who are wonderful people, but the majority of Americans I see seem to be trapped in their own bubble. Mainly from LA I must confess.
I think one of the main reasons they are in such a mess is because of patriotism. Leaders hide behind a flag to justify their actions while conning citizens into believing almost anything. To be fair this normally comes from the less open minded Americans but still, there are a hell of a lot of them.
I think most people on ATS are more intelligent and open minded so please don't feel this is a personal attack on you.

God bless America - why?

I have a lot to be thankful to Americans for as my eyes have been opened by the stupidity of your leaders exposing themselves. British leaders are a lot more sneaky and and are able to hide the conspiracies better.

For those who wish to attack British society feel free. I will probably agree with you. Most are like Americans without the passion and we're all a bunch of miserable moaning freaks.




posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dezero
This thread is not meant to cause offence to anyone, it is more of tongue in cheek type of post with a serious side to it.

I saw a post a week or so ago from someone who said they would rather use a bullet to kill FDR than Hitler because of the damage he's done to America. This is precisely the selfish thinking that I despise in some people, forget the people around the world who lost their lives during WW2 (including Americans) as long as America is ok.

Now don't get me wrong I have some friends from the States who are wonderful people, but the majority of Americans I see seem to be trapped in their own bubble. Mainly from LA I must confess.
I think one of the main reasons they are in such a mess is because of patriotism. Leaders hide behind a flag to justify their actions while conning citizens into believing almost anything. To be fair this normally comes from the less open minded Americans but still, there are a hell of a lot of them.
I think most people on ATS are more intelligent and open minded so please don't feel this is a personal attack on you.

God bless America - why?

I have a lot to be thankful to Americans for as my eyes have been opened by the stupidity of your leaders exposing themselves. British leaders are a lot more sneaky and and are able to hide the conspiracies better.

For those who wish to attack British society feel free. I will probably agree with you. Most are like Americans without the passion and we're all a bunch of miserable moaning freaks.



While I agree with most of what you are saying, I would like to input a couple of points:

First, it isn't patriotism. It USED to be, now it is false patriotism that would have the founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

Secondly, way too many people are demanding hand-outs. No longer is anyone really required to support themselves.

You can no longer discipline your children without having them taken away (The schools actually teach this, at least here).

I think it's more like "God help America"........



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1

Secondly, way too many people are demanding hand-outs. No longer is anyone really required to support themselves.

You can no longer discipline your children without having them taken away (The schools actually teach this, at least here).

I think it's more like "God help America"........


That statement that "too many people are demanding hand-outs" just simply isn't true. 90+% take "hand outs" because they are necessary to the person's survival. Sure there's a fraction who are just trying to milk the system, but the vast majority don't. You know they shipped 30%+ of our jobs overseas, right? So people "demanding hand-outs" isn't the problem...the problem is that so many people actually need the "hand-outs."


So you're one of those people who thinks back in the day was the good-ole days, where you had to walk through the snow to school both ways, and parents could beat their children until their skull turns blue?

The OP has a post of actual problems...the ones you add aren't really problems in of themselves.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 


That statement that "too many people are demanding hand-outs" just simply isn't true. 90+% take "hand outs" because they are necessary to the person's survival. Sure there's a fraction who are just trying to milk the system, but the vast majority don't. You know they shipped 30%+ of our jobs overseas, right? So people "demanding hand-outs" isn't the problem...the problem is that so many people actually need the "hand-outs."




The people that NEED the hand outs are not who I am talking about at all. I have had to take advantage of some of them myself. It is the ones that DEMAND them and not want to do anything for it.... Just thought I would clarify.

And no, I don't believe in "beating till they're blue" but do believe in making kids work for what they want once they hit a certain age.

I was actually one of those workers that had to look somewhere else because my job was sent overseas, so yes, I do realize that. I also realize there are people that simply give up rather than to try to find something new. I have heard people around here say "why bother, it's just going to China next"............ and that is what bothers me.



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by Ghost375
 


That statement that "too many people are demanding hand-outs" just simply isn't true. 90+% take "hand outs" because they are necessary to the person's survival. Sure there's a fraction who are just trying to milk the system, but the vast majority don't. You know they shipped 30%+ of our jobs overseas, right? So people "demanding hand-outs" isn't the problem...the problem is that so many people actually need the "hand-outs."




The people that NEED the hand outs are not who I am talking about at all. I have had to take advantage of some of them myself. It is the ones that DEMAND them and not want to do anything for it.... Just thought I would clarify.

And no, I don't believe in "beating till they're blue" but do believe in making kids work for what they want once they hit a certain age.

I was actually one of those workers that had to look somewhere else because my job was sent overseas, so yes, I do realize that. I also realize there are people that simply give up rather than to try to find something new. I have heard people around here say "why bother, it's just going to China next"............ and that is what bothers me.


It's a genius move by the elite when you think about it. They create a system where people depend on the state for handouts, therefore taking the money away from where we really need it. As soon as they take the benefit system away you'll get the poorer classes fighting with each other - The genuine people who are working low paid jobs will be defending themselves against the freeloaders. Just look at the UK. People didn't even need an excuse to riot, and you didn't see them causing trouble in rich areas it was all the poorest areas of London.
If you take that benefit system away this is what you'll get. It'll happen one day in the US and then people will be asking for FEMA instead of criticising them. That's when they'll abuse their power and put away the likes of us, calling us internet terrorists instigating riots. Because we are internet terrrorists we'll be under the same banner as terrorism therefore they can literally do what they like with us. And it'll work a treat. The sheeple will be praising the justice system



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join