It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya Mass Grave: Tripoli Site Contained 1,270 Bodies From 1996 Massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Libya Mass Grave: Tripoli Site Contained 1,270 Bodies From 1996 Massacre

www.huffingtonpost.com

Libya officials also announced on Sunday the discovery of a mass grave believed to hold the remains of 1,270 inmates killed by Gadhafi's regime in a 1996 prison massacre. The site – a desert field scattered with bone fragments – was found outside the walls of Tripoli's Abu Salim prison, where the victims were killed on June 26, 1996, after protesting conditions at the facility. A demonstration by women demanding justice for the victims of that prison massacre was one of the things that touched off the uprising against Gadhafi in February.

A Tripoli military spokesman, Khalid al-Sharif
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.sky.com
www.dailymail.co.uk[/ url]
[url=http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/25/world/africa/libya-mass-grave/]edition.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, now that Gaddafi is out of power and on the run, that mass graves will start coming to light.

The 1980's in particular were rife with political hangings of dissenters, especially students.

The entry for 1996 still reads:
"1996: Gaddafi regime massacres more than 1200 political prisoners at Abu Salim prison in Tripoli. Government denies it took place for years. Many families still await word of their relatives."

Now we know what became of those murdered - they were dumped into a mass grave.

A timeline of such is here:
Gaddafi Crimes

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

still thats nowhere near to cliam that gaddafi was and is like hitler gaddafi had no power.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok let me clear this up.

For a start ,this rumor was started by a rebel commander ,to the BBC ,without any evidence to back this claim up ,and when the CNN news team turn up ,there medical team ,checked out some of the bones in question ,in the prison ,and they were in fact animal bones.

No Human bones have been found ,and no graves have even been dug up let alone this claim of mass graves ,these are wild claims the BBC news shouldn't have run with.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think ATS had enough threads already to show how little we know of whats really happening.
This just sounds like western propaganda.

When people ask questions about the prolonged allied forces in Libya ( since its just one town left to conquer;the " rebels did conquer all of Libya over one night
)When people ask to many questions,MSM gives us a reason why its justified to be there.Oh hey lets throw in some rape.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So where does this mention HITLER? No one is comparing Gaddafi to Hitler, this is about a MASS GRAVE found with the victims from a slaughter conducted by Gaddafi's troops against the Abu Salim prison. Learn to read.

I find it highly amusing that you would add me as a foe over my posting this. Sorry to burst your bubble, bub, but Gaddafi was a psychopath and mass murderer, and throughout the 80's-90's, exporter of terrorism. Your constant attacking of anyone who posts anything negative (i.e., the truth) about Gaddafi looks like a feeble attempt at trying to defend the tyrant.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

They've been pulling human bones out of the pit. Read up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I've seen videos of him riding through the streets out of a sunroof. I'd like to see a western politician try to do that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This information will be met with fierce denial from the "Ghadaffi is a hero " crowd that has apparently infiltrated ATS.

Say what you will about the obvious war over a key Geo-political region and its resources by Western Imperialist-to pretend that Ghaddaffi was a fair and just 'leader', or to claim that Libya was a 'Democracy" under his rule is utter rubbish.

Ghaddaffi killed a lot of people, and left the entire East of his country in shambles. Hopefully the new Libyan government will be a step in the right direction (not holding breath)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah i have read all the news articals ,and only the daily mail has gone with the over the top propaganda story of human bones ,on the back of a few rebels who say they are bones ,even tho ,the CNN medical team said they was NOT human bones and were in fact animal bones ,and the funny thing is the bones the daily mail run with are clearly animal bones.

I also noticed Sky news worded there version of the story very well to not mention it as a fact.

So what we got is a few animal bones laid out ,and this is all the evidence needed to convince you this is the truth ??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Isn't daily mail a tabloid type paper?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

this. Sorry to burst your bubble, bub, but Gaddafi was a psychopath and mass murderer,

And the rebels are psychopath and mass murderers killing black afiracn immgrant workers CNN nor any otther news network will never show the videos of your rebel freinds how they hang people to there deaths

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Medics say bones do not appear to be human.

articles.cnn.com...:AFRICA

Wait!!! This can't be!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

It could take years to identify all the bodies through DNA, Fergani said Sunday.

It could years
identify all the bodies through DNA? well there you go thats why that story is pure propaganda just like how they have done it in bosnia.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

this. Sorry to burst your bubble, bub, but Gaddafi was a psychopath and mass murderer,

And the rebels are psychopath and mass murderers killing black afiracn immgrant workers CNN nor any otther news network will never show the videos of your rebel freinds how they hang people to there deaths

So you admit that Ghaddaffi is a mass murder? You just think the 'rebels' should be included in that statement?

Also, those 'african workers' are hired mercenaries. Are you saying you would not try and kill an armed mercenary who is paid to shoot at you??
edit on 26-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

thats very typical coming this from you pro rebel it seems eh?

you know whats propaganda right?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Your statements are absurd. I have said nothing in support of 'the rebels. So your statement is asinine and absurd, baseless and ridiculous, not to mention off topic.

You, though, are quite vocal in your support of Ghaddaffi.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

I've seen videos of him riding through the streets out of a sunroof. I'd like to see a western politician try to do that.

In a country where he denied citizens from owning guns.

In a country where political dissidents were imprisoned without trial and often executed.

Dont make the foolish mistake of confusing your dislike of this shady-assed NATO 'mission' with support for Ghaddaffi. Neither side is worth supporting. Ghaddaff is no good.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I love this quote: highlighted in red.

It was unclear, however, whether the site actually was a mass grave, as no excavation has taken place. Members of the media were shown bones at the site, but medics with CNN staffers on the scene said the bones did not appear to be human.

If no excavation has even taken place ,how the hell can they call this a bloodly mass grave ,just more propaganda for the headline readers.
edit on 26-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join