It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani airforce on red alert, expecting possible American action

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Vitchilo

China doesn't have the logistics means to carry out a global war. It wouldn't be a world war if they theoretically got involved, but a major regional conflict. One they could not win.

The Chinese know they could not win in direct conflict wth the US. They are not suicidal, they would work in other ways to counter a US war against Pakistan.

Dont be so naive. China have just modernised their entire armed forces, spent an extra £25billion and have improved their armed forces massively. China ARE the new super power.

I would have to disagree. They are improving but they are just getting onto the technology band wagon. They are just now devloping their own carrier fleet that is still in dry dock while they use old, antiquated Russian hardware. Much of their air force is still Russian Sukhoi fighters will Chinese modified componants that are still untested in any sort of offensive or defensive capacity. The US has been testing it's technology on a consistant basis for well over 50 years. War sucks, but continued conflicts provides you ample play grounds for your hardware and training. The US is an expert at it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

China doesn't have the logistics means to carry out a global war. It wouldn't be a world war if they theoretically got involved, but a major regional conflict. One they could not win.

The Chinese know they could not win in direct conflict wth the US. They are not suicidal, they would work in other ways to counter a US war against Pakistan.

I would have to disagree. They are improving but they are just getting onto the technology band wagon. They are just now devloping their own carrier fleet that is still in dry dock while they use old, antiquated Russian hardware. Much of their air force is still Russian Sukhoi fighters will Chinese modified componants that are still untested in any sort of offensive or defensive capacity. The US has been testing it's technology on a consistant basis for well over 50 years. War sucks, but continued conflicts provides you ample play grounds for your hardware and training. The US is an expert at it.

I'l admit I was wrong, how ever, if the US don't declare war on them soon, China will be ready. Their stealth bomber is almost complete is it not?
Dont be so naive. China have just modernised their entire armed forces, spent an extra £25billion and have improved their armed forces massively. China ARE the new super power.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Krono because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The aircraft carrier China has now is a 40 year old design. Its harldy relevant. UK is building them two...they will be ready in 5 years. That wont do them much good when the US has 11 NOW.

reply to post by princeofpeace

China's Air Craft Carrier is done, but it needs final testing.

UK are currently building its 2 Air Craft Carriers, when they are built will we be a super power? No cause our #e government has reduced our armed forces.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The aircraft carrier China has now is a 40 year old design. Its harldy relevant. UK is building them two...they will be ready in 5 years. That wont do them much good when the US has 11 NOW.

reply to post by princeofpeace

China's Air Craft Carrier is done, but it needs final testing.

UK are currently building its 2 Air Craft Carriers, when they are built will we be a super power? No cause our #e government has reduced our armed forces.

You're right about the aircraft carrier, how ever, aren't they refurbishing it and modernizing it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Peruse this site...should tell you what you need to know:

www.globalfirepower.com...

Okay this thread has gottne off topic...this isnt about the US and China but the US and Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the us wont attack pakistan, they have no oil

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Yes they do, thats why they are in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'l admit I was wrong, how ever, if the US don't declare war on them soon, China will be ready. Their stealth bomber is almost complete is it not?

China are modernising their army, but you completely over estimate them. They'd struggle to take Taiwan at the moment. 25 billion isn't massive when you consider the US annual military budget is over 600 billion, and China 1/6th of that.

Also people are overestimating China's relationship with Pakistan, they're not going to get involved in a highly destructive war for the sake of Pakistan, and it's highly unlikely that the US would engage Pakistani regular forces anyway. China will do what's best for China, and that wouldn't be leaping into war against America to protect Pakistan

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

China are modernising their army, but you completely over estimate them. They'd struggle to take Taiwan at the moment. 25 billion isn't massive when you consider the US annual military budget is over 600 billion, and China 1/6th of that.

Also people are overestimating China's relationship with Pakistan, they're not going to get involved in a highly destructive war for the sake of Pakistan, and it's highly unlikely that the US would engage Pakistani regular forces anyway. China will do what's best for China, and that wouldn't be leaping into war against America to protect Pakistan

Fair comments, however I'd like to clarify. I didnt say their budget was £25billion, I said they increased it by that amount. Their budget is roughly £68billion. But yes, you are correct, USA's budget dwarfs it due to mass paranoia and being the bullies of the play ground.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
China to back Pakistan against odds;China Vice PM

Chinese Vice Prime has assured Pakistan of full support to cope up with all security perils. Meng Jianzhu called on Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committeee Gen Khalid Shameem Wynne. The Chinese vice premier discussed the region situation with a focus on the war on terrorism and the current situation.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oh bloody hell mun. I sincerely hope the murdering, war mongering, greedy american government don't go to war. Christ our economy is bad enough as it is with out backing you lot up again.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A world war would reset the economies of the world...i could see it happening. It has before......though the last two wars werent worldwide nuclear either. I guess thats why we had 2 world wars within 20 years of each other and then nothing for the last 60....nukes changed everything. Even preventing world war.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Obama is a war monger like the rest of them I hope all who voted him in as the great peacemaker LOL can see that now. Idiots.
edit on 26-9-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The folks on ATS who accuse the US of being a bully sound like the same type of kids who used to get their nerdy asses kicked in grade-school. LMAO!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes they have have the logistics means to carry out a global war, hasnt america became a super power whose only goal is conquest? just saying.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
this is just postering on the part of the pakistanis. if the US did attack though I think this is where China would draw the line and take Taiwan instantly. from there it's unclear because of all the alliances that would be enacted.
SCO - NATO showdown.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
haha pakistan has an airforce?

Sorry, thats just what i thought when i read the article. But seriously, I doubt America will do anything because their resources are stretched pretty thin right now, and I dont think there is anything of value in pakistan? maybe ingredients to make heroin for the CIA to sell?
edit on 27-9-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
China has long suffered jihad attacks. Islam has nibbled away at China's western borders and has waged violent jihad against the non-muslims.

China is no ally of Pakistan. Don't be foolish.

Pakistan is being toyed with.
edit on 27-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know...Sometimes it's just best to lead by example. I say fly a couple of stealth bomber over China and Pakistan, take out a few key elements with some Hiroshima / Nagasaki force nukes, you know, just enough to scare the #z right out of them. Oh and ....Make sure that those old nukes are Soviet marked...Let's make the game interesting !

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No need to attack them.
Just cut off funding and watch them squeal.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join