It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Iranian hikers prove Ron Paul is right about blowback

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

I think most everyone sees the problem with this. It's obvious they are hiding something. I don't think they are CIA, I think they are radical Terrorist Apologists who actually believed the propaganda and thought they would be welcomed with open arms. Then they found out that the bad stuff was true to late to save themselves and got a taste of what Islamic Extremists are really like. I think they paid a price for believing the lies.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You know they will make millions $$$ writing books, doing chat shows ect ect?
very heavy price indeed

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I almost wonder if they went there to get captured on purpose.

The reason I say this is they are apparently far left human rights activists who are fans of Sean Penn and Hugo Chavez. They actually thanked them both for helping to free them.

Seems like it was a publicity stunt to bring light to GITMO, but it didn't go exactly to plan.

The best part was during their return press conference. They had sheet which went into their griefs with the US, but it seemed to have vanished from their stack at the podium. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Other than showing loyalty to their lawyer (whom they said was not given a fair opportunity to represent them) how are they showing empathy towards Iran?

"We lived in a world of lies and false hope,"

"the worst experience of our lives."

How do you get Stockholm Syndrome out of "this was the worst experience of our lives?"

If that is your idea of empathy, what is your idea of hatred?

Stockholm Syndrome does not imply that the victims will have total, 1,000% association with their kidnappers. It is much less than that, often only manifested by irrational feelings and statements:

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness

Link

So, Blaine's statements are not incongruent.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
While not siding with Iran, these hikers are saying their mistreatment in Iran was a direct result of mutual hostility between America and Iran, and added that Guantanamo military prisons give Iran an excuse to treat their political prisoners with an equal hostility.

Liberals have been saying this for years. The rights biggest boogeymen have said this and all gotten flak for it. Reverend Wright said this and became the worst man in America for saying it. Now that Paul said it...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by mayabong

Guess you never saw all the pictures that were leaked from Guantanimo Bay.

Siding with Terrorists is a pretty sick position to take.

I agree.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 26-9-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by rwfresh

That was an interesting read, thanks. I always enjoy other perspectives so long as its not full of hate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Did these hikers show even 0.00001 % empathy towards Iran? The answer is no, so there is zero evidence of them having some type of Stockholm syndrome.
edit on 26-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
Reply to post by rwfresh

That was an interesting read, thanks. I always enjoy other perspectives so long as its not full of hate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Hey no problem! Thanks for the thanks.. couldn't have done it without you! Peace!!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Did these hikers show even 0.00001 % empathy towards Iran? The answer is no, so there is zero evidence of them having some type of Stockholm syndrome.

I think your entire OP is full of empathy for Iran....basically saying it's the USA's fault due o Gitmo and policy.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I think your entire OP is full of empathy for Iran....basically saying it's the USA's fault due o Gitmo and policy.

Actually it's full of empathy for Ron Paul, but nice try.

edit on 26-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Turns out one of the "hikers" dad is an Israeli citizen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join