It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sucked in by Pseudoastronomy and false predictions !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hello Ladies and Germs,

I have been reading lately about a fellow as I'm sure a lot of you have named Alexander Retrov or (Trevor Alexander) respectively. I find this man incredibly , what is the word I'm looking for ...Um, no words to describe it. After looking through his website and reading about all of the nonsense he has predicted I came across a part that said he will not be reachable after the 9 September
Recent interview and not able to be contacted anywhere after 9 sep

Now what I believe this man has done is fed his story to those who are more vulnerable and has cashed in on them. If some of you have followed this man he has made outrageous claims , some alone the lines of 12-15 mag earthquakes which obviously haven't come true. Here is a link to all the crap that has come out of his mouth since day one and the information on the possibility that he was in jail for sexual misconduct with a minor hence the name change.
Alexander retrov hoax

Now the true point of this thread is to just say that I find it really sad that these people are able to manipulate those who are less informed to make a quick buck. In the video which he does explaining "The truth behind 2012" you can actually hear the people gasping as he goes on speaking. He seemed to have them so roped in that they were hanging on his every word. These are the kind who would end up commiting suicide or killing their own children in hopes of trying to save them from the end of the world . A good example is this one woman tries to kill kids saving from rapture It's very sad and I am the last one to judge because obviously she really did think it would come to pass.

Now I just wonder how many more people will just be unreachable after the year 2012 comes and goes. All these people have made so much money off of others search of truth and however much I think some of them actually believe they are correct like ,David Wilcock and the like it will be a sad day to see them wrong. This man however Mr Retrov to me seems like a blatant liar and loud mouth and he has filled his pockets quickly and now disappeared. I guess it's not up to me to be like the rest of the people and say "Well, when nothing happens on this and that date I want all of you to make an apology on Ats" I mean what what that help me? Would it help feed my ego so I can say I was right..ON a website? With people I will never see in my life? You see the one is just as bad as the other sometimes , the predictor is as bad as the negator in my opinion constant I'm write you're wrong. If nothing comes to pass in 2012 or the next few months so be it . I used to believe from all the evidence that something was bound to happen or maybe I was bored with my life hoping that a disaster or a theory could help me feel full again. I mean come on we all love a conspiracy. Now as I'm getting older and I'm married now I train a lot and I am going travelling around central Asia for a year with my wife I actually don't want anything to happen. I'm happy and as much as I used to think about it all the time I realised thinking rationally that people cash in on our fears. It's a big business almost like the drug companies of the world.

So even though this is just one of the many guys who have had a failed prediction or many in his case. I urge you to get up and do something with your lives as the change you will find is within and the maybe you won't want the end of the world to happen, maybe for the first time you could be happy.

If I were to buy a telescope and see random object and in a matter of days think myself an astronomer would I be one? If I made a few videos of my prediction s and started getting hundreds of views on YouTube would I not try to spice things up by throwing in some extra "fake info" here in there just for the viewers.

Think about it guys before you next time stake your lives on something someone else says or thinks.

THINK FOR YOURSELF !!

Peace.
edit on 31/08/2011 by tigermountain because: Link broken

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I find it increasingly hard to sift through the vast amount of information available on the web as it is, and it only gets harder when you have so many self-appointed "experts" trying to pass off everything they say as factual truth. Just because you might have a strong grasp of a subject doesn't necessarily give one the credibility to call yourself an "expert".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The odd thing is that people see this baloney and fall for it and then claim that they researched the material. No they don't. People simply take this nonsense hook line and sinker. It amazes me how easy it is to trick people.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At least he has a motive for doing it. Money! Lots of people here do it just to scare others and promote fear.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think I know what the OP is trying to say.

For a long time I was one of those that would take someone's word on these kind of things, because my life had no purpose, no meaning.
I was a very empty and unfulfilled person.

I'm still open minded, I listen to them, and if it feels right in my heart I will perhaps believe what they have to say.
Discernment.
You cannot be discerning about things like this, when you're just waiting for an opportunity to give your life meaning by ''outside'' means.
All the good stuff comes from within... Happiness comes from within.

If you're the spiritual sort, like me, I advise you to start meditating, do some ''research'' on a healthy diet... these things increased my potential happiness.
Most of all, listen to your heart.
My mind was always trying to find fulfillment outside of itself, but in the end, the joy, peace and happiness sprang from within.

It is my sincere hope that people will start finding true, lasting happiness, instead of the shallow and temporary kind from outside sources.

All the best

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
At least he has a motive for doing it. Money! Lots of people here do it just to scare others and promote fear.

Here's a little antidote to all the fear, especially around here..
www.grapheine.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's terribly frustrating for a lot of us, because people today seem to be as out of contact with the concept of what the universe is like... as the 5th century BC Greeks were. Comets aren't a regularly appearing long-orbit phenomenon -- they're seen as sudden harbingers, placed there by something or another.

I've seen posters talking urgently about Sirius (the dog star) being a "twin companion" of the sun, unaware of distances, gravity, or even how close a "companion star" has to be. There was the "Jupiter passing between the Earth and Sun" bits.. and more.

And the "galactic alignment."

People aren't aware that the "head" of a comet is gas so vaporous that it wouldn't even make a single decent fluffy cloud here in Earth's atmosphere.

The trouble is, there's a lot of tv shows that are geared to these bursts of exciting concepts which haven't done their research, either. While it's easy to respond to users, it's hard to leap into a national tv broadcast (or hunt the scriptwriter up retroactively) and point out how wrong they are. Sensationalism sells, and facts aren't sensational enough.

And I think there's also a need to have confirmation that they are "on the side of the right" and everyone else will "wake up" and see what they see. The idea that their vision is wrong is very troubling to them.

A friend on Facebook posted this Asimov quote:

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” -- Issac Asimov

I like that, very much.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

A splendid quote Byrd. You made my day!

new topics

top topics

join