It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which decade do you think it was the best? 1990s, 2000s and this current decade?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Best decade ever!

Tribute thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Now this is the best song of the 1990s!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Found my family foto..... Good times... Good times......

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

dos language

Whats that?..

and it's the 60s hands down, you had the hippie movements, great music, great cars, Society as a whole just seemed more intact and well better than now.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by pirhanna

dos language

Whats that?..

and it's the 60s hands down, you had the hippie movements, great music, great cars, Society as a whole just seemed more intact and well better than now.

The only early 2000s song was good is this one.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This decade, without a doubt.

From a nostalgic and novelty aspect, however, I'd have to say the 90's.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
60's

which led to the 70's

which led to the downfall of everything.

spandex? u poopin me?

sorry, just talkin music here.

the 80's depleted the ozone with the prolific use of hair spray and synthetic clothes.

the 90's tried to get back to basic's, seattle sound but was hijacked by hip hop.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I enjoyed being a youth in the 90's I was a bit of a raver in my time and in the 90's dance music was still fresh and new, unlike today where they are continually re hashing dance music from the 90's. I felt like I was part of something no one else in my college was into, like I belonged to special group. While most would be drinking beer in the town pubs, me and my mates would be driving up and down the country going to clubs every friday and saturday night. I look back to it as a magic period in my life. A teenage village boy having his eyes opened for the first time.

I guess we all look back with a sense of nostalgia, but it did feel like times were better back then,but, I think we all get a little more cynical as we get older.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I was born in the mid 80's so i don't have a lot of memories, but I can definitely see that. Of course I have to go with the 90's, I think in the next few years we will get that 90's nostalgia boom that the 80's enjoyed a few years back. If you were aware enough to enjoy a lot of the underground scene and lollapalooza, early flaming lips and butthole surfers, fine grunge alternative ladies, then one would probably have had a lot of fun in the 90's.

The early 90's when everyone was still in that transitional period coming out of the 80's was funny:

I wish guys still dressed like Richard Lewis in that picture.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

all the above we live in the best time to be alive (eccept for the wars and needless death of the young)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I'm always blown away by the fact that they can text and talk sooo much, but what are they texting and talking about? They don't do anything!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Im going for the 90s.The music was good with Prodigy and Nirvana starting out.I played the Nevermind album till it was chewed up in my tapedeck.
The leap in home electronics was good.In 1990 I had a Spectrum 128k and by 1999 a Dreamcast.
But lets try to forget Tony Blair and The Spice Girls.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I saw some of the youtubes in the thread and I had to post this because it takes me right back to the 70's anyone remember it - I had a cool wiggle to this

youtu.be...

edit on 26-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'd have to vote for the 90's. I grew up in the 60's and 70's, but felt like a fish-out-of-water and of course the Cold War always hung over us like a dark cloud. The 80's were decent although the cars were lame. The 90's were fantastic- jobs were plentiful, pay raises and bonuses were not "extras" but were what EVERYONE got near the end of the year, you simply could not lose if you invested money in stocks (a 10% yearly gain was considered normal and ordinary, the trick was to see how much over 10% you could pull in). Gas was reasonably priced, America was admired by almost the entire world and respected even by those that didn't admire her, it was a decade of total abundance. Even the "poor" were living quite well. Just about the only people that didn't have jobs were those who didn't want them. A brave new world opened up in the form of something called the "internet". Really, it didn't get any better than the 90's, it was an amazing time to be a young adult. The 00's brought doom and gloom and the '10's have brought total misery. America is a shadow of its former self- viewed by others as a bloated dead corpse of greed and selfishness. Every effort to involve ourselves in the political affairs of others has brought total disaster. Our government has become a pit of evil, lying, self-serving individuals that would rather bank their own pension than consider how to deal with our economic problems. Honestly I thought we would have pulled out of this long before now and repaired our world standing, but now I don't even know if it's possible anymore. Remember the old commercial "Merrill Lynch is bullish on America"? No one has been bullish on America for over a decade now.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibby Jedi

most people were kinder in the 1960s, the concerts great, the social scene wild and magical.
i was young, a turkey, just riding the wave of life.

the 1970s life was easy, could switch jobs anytime, housing, transportation, etc very affordable.

1980s was a time of excess, barbeques, concerts, parties, seemed everyone had money.

but overall it's been an excellent adventure, even when having had to deal with the insanity of human society.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That's why i'm saying. but all said, looking up youtube reminds of the good stuff i was in the 1990s. In the 1990s, you basically don't have a video that don't show old school stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I must say the late 60's and 70's because had much more freedom from surveillance (lack of electronics) and much less PC crap to worry over (although that's done with since I have gone Galt) All the music was original and done by what I consider talented musicians and people were just better to deal with then - today I lament the right now culture - the reliance on electronic means.

It's convenient but just not personal like it used to be, such a loss for those not able to know what I am talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Or this one?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

"Back to the 80's, back to Soap"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The 80's was a very innovative year....as you can see:
The golden age of hip-hop
The golden age of video games
Hair bands of the 80's
80's movies and tv shows
Top 80's hitmakers
1980's General Facts

Computers

Computers experienced explosive growth in the '80s, going from being a toy for electronics hobbyists to a full-fledged industry. The IBM PC, launched in 1981, became the dominant computer for professional users. Commodore created the most popular home computers of both 8-bit and 16-bit generations. MSX standard was the dominant computer platform in Japan. Apple was committed to resisting the tide of IBM PC clones, while introducing the first Macintosh computer in 1984. It was the first commercially successful personal computer to use a graphical user interface and mouse, which started to become general features in computers after the middle of the decade.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join