It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Should Consider 'All Options' With Pakistan, Graham Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

U.S. Should Consider 'All Options' With Pakistan, Graham Says

www.businessweek.com

The U.S. may have to consider a military response to the government of Pakistan’s alleged support of a terrorist group that attacked the American embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham said.

“We need to put Pakistan on notice,” Graham, a member of the Senate Armed services Committee, said today on the “Fox News Sunday” program. “If they continue to embrace terrorism as a part of their national strategy, we’re going to have to put all options on the table, including defending our troops.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sltrib.com
ibnlive.in.com

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Graham has just became another John McCain i can see John McCain doing his evil dance over Graham comments if indeed a military action is taken place against Pakistan you will be seeing alots of protests everywhere inculding in libya, libyans turning against NATO, etc.

This wasnt and isnt been reported by CNN,ABC,FOX News it seems to me they may target Pakistan covertly and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has said that Haqqani network was established by United States, adding that CIA also has relations with many terrorist groups.

This Foreign Minister comments were reportred by the sananews.com

This is quite thereathn and not surprising that Graham has stated this, i can tell you this isnt looking good.

Also i feel the American embassy attack in Kabul, Afghanistan, was a false flag needed to blame Pakistan for the attack.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am not surprised,

Condition the people into accepting the 'New Reality', this has been commencing for quite some time,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

This wasnt and isnt been reported by CNN,ABC,FOX News it seems to me they may target Pakistan covertly

From your own link, in your own post:

“We need to put Pakistan on notice,” Graham, a member of the Senate Armed services Committee, said today on the “Fox News Sunday” program. “If they continue to embrace terrorism as a part of their national strategy, we’re going to have to put all options on the table, including defending our troops.”

Also, Graham is a nut bar. Who cares what sort of vague crap he says?

Are you saying you support Pakistan?
edit on 25-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

well it sounds like you support war mongers who want more military actions on countries which didnt attack america, nice try with that little spin, maybe i should ask you, did you support NATOs action on Libya?

its known towards history, that false flags attacks are always used when a super power is threatened.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Packistan now really
you can't plug every hole in a chicken wire fence.
no nation on earth has the ability to stop every attack against it
the more the US and other nations try to crush, terrorism and
other attcks the more they will suffer the consequences, becasue
the big old boot which is put on the neck of one group will spaun
three others. Mittigate the risks, yes thats a good idea, but their is
no way they can go on conquering nations to stem the flow of terrorism.
pull back protect your boarders, and come out when necissary.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

well it sounds like you support war mongers who want more military actions on countries which didnt attack america,

It does?

How so?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

well it sounds like you support war mongers who want more military actions on countries which didnt attack america,

It does?

How so?

yes it does.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Can you explain how my statements in this thread make me a 'war monger'?

I was under the impression ATS sort of frowned upon that sort of juvenile ad hominem deflection from substance, but perhaps I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondera
Packistan now really
you can't plug every hole in a chicken wire fence.
no nation on earth has the ability to stop every attack against it
the more the US and other nations try to crush, terrorism and
other attcks the more they will suffer the consequences, becasue
the big old boot which is put on the neck of one group will spaun
three others. Mittigate the risks, yes thats a good idea, but their is
no way they can go on conquering nations to stem the flow of terrorism.
pull back protect your boarders, and come out when necissary.

There is always a world superpower, whose currency runs in the entire world.

That superpower is USA at the moment.

The definition of superpower is - bringing justice to all countries, so a superpower literally can override a national government.

Now the question is - you want USA to be superpower or not.

If USA's status as superpower goes, so goes the dollar.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We've been handling Pakistan with kid gloves, that was our first mistake.

But we wouldn't need to be there if we weren't in Afghanistan.

Bin Laden is whale feces, bring the troops home.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

US cannot pull back until Afghanistan has a somewhat 'stable' governance system in place.

You would not want US to pull back just to find al Qaida rush in, and then another invasion.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you believe 9/11 to be real, you have to look at the underlying causes. If somebody was so mad at USA, as to strike at its most visible symbols of power and wealth, then you cannot take the challange light-heartedly.

USA can of course dis-engage, but the issue will always be - what next.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

al Qaida sadly doesnt exist for 11 years now we had no Terrorists attack, and since 9/11
al Qaida has been used as proxy tool atleast thats how i view it.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

US cannot pull back until Afghanistan has a somewhat 'stable' governance system in place.

You would not want US to pull back just to find al Qaida rush in, and then another invasion.

We sure as hell can't stay until the bulk of the population is educated. Because that's the only way a democracy will work.

If the U.S. goal is a stable free Afghanistan they shouldn't be building bases, they should be building non religious schools and infrastructure.

We've spent the GDP of some small countries and it looks worse than the day we invaded.

Hearts and minds were lost years ago with all the broken promises, we have no good outcome in Afghanistan. It has become political and unwinable, in short it has become the Vietnam scenario everybody warned them about.

We know the military history of the area going back thousands of years but they continue to ignore it, all the technology in the world won't change the terrain or the people. Without an army 100 times the size of the troops we have there it can't be won.

There is a very complex tribal leadership structure there, and it is loaded with corruption, democracy just won't fly.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Afghanistan is a rough place, and has been for quite some time.

It is because it has been the battleground for competing civilizations for millenia.

I have no idea about official US thinking about the matter, but I feel that leaving Afghanistan in a mess would be detrimental to all the parties.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Graham your own nation supports terror and carries false flag ops across world.ISI is controlled by CIA,so like maybe you should bomb the pentagon,Langley and white house because the real terrorists are there

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
A full on confrontation with Pakistan is a bad idea....not while still trying to handle Afghanistan. And definitely not while relying on Pakistan for getting in supplies to Afghanistan. So while Pakistan may be double dealing, they are the US' best friend in that region.

The Taliban and the Haqqani fighters are enough of a headache already. The last thing the US needs in that region is a ticked off Pakistan fuelling the fires openly and without restraint.

My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

well it sounds like you support war mongers who want more military actions on countries which didnt attack america, nice try with that little spin, maybe i should ask you, did you support NATOs action on Libya?

its known towards history, that false flags attacks are always used when a super power is threatened.

hey man, they haven't been linked to killing our troops?

osama bin blown away ring a bell? in a nice house, where?

no love loss tween india and pakistan. we can cut off of 9bill in funds a year or dare them to nuke something.

isn't that more than israels funding?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I believed this was relevant to the conversation,

news.yahoo.com...

Pakistan will not attack Haqqani group, defying U.S.: report

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan's military will not take action against a militant group Washington blames for an attack against its embassy in Kabul, despite mounting American pressure to do so, a Pakistani newspaper reported on Monday.

Pakistan's army chief General Ashfaq Kayani met with his top commanders on Sunday in a "special" meeting to discuss the security situation, the military said, as the war of words with the United States escalated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join