It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your top five actor/actresses of all time and what movie made you love them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
1. Bruce Campbell- Army of Darkness- Possibly the best horror/comedy movie i have seen ever.

2. Ed Norton-American history x- played the roll amazingly

3. Heath Ledger- (sheepish grin) A Knights Tale- He was one of the few bright spots of this movie and an amazing actor to boot, to bad he is no longer with us.

4.John Cusack- High fidelity- something about this guy he played the part amazingly

5. Mark Wahlberg- Rock star- He showed in this movie he had the chops to actually be an actor and not just another name trying to be an actor (in my opinion anyways)

well there you go there is my list tell me what you think and please share yours.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.
edit on 25-9-2011 by crimsongod21 because: add content

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That's what I thought. It's cool

Robert De Niro, Deer Hunter
Brad Pitt, Legends of the Fall, Vampire Diaries
Juliette Lewis, Natural Born Killers
Jack Nicholson, As Good as it Gets
Meryl Streep, Sophies Choice
edit on 25-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

sorry typed the title then hit return on mistake before i could make the post.... ooopsie... lol

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Okay, I'll play:

Jack Nicholson - The Shining....Having seen this when I was 8, I was afraid of him for quite some time.

Christian Bale - The Prestige....really his whole body of work is pretty good, but this was the first movie I had seen him in.

Leonardo DiCaprio - What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Introduced us to what would be one of the best actors of our time (IMHO).

Jodie Foster - Silence of the Lambs/Panic Room/The Brave One - She always makes her characters very believable.

Joaquin Phoenix - Gladiator ... If I can watch a movie and feel real hate for somebody, then that is a powerful performance!

TM

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

1> Jon Cusack: all his stuff.
2> Tom Hanks: all his stuff especially "the Man with One Red Shoe"
3> George Cloony: Dusk till Dawn
4> Bruce Willis
ie Hard/Pulp Fiction
5> Steve Buschemi: Fargo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not going to list ALL films as the actors/actresses speak for themselves

Gary Oldman - Sid N Nancy plus various- genious
Johhny Depp- genious= various
Liz Taylor and Richard Burton- genious-various
Chaplin- Genious- various
Colin Firth- Mr Darcy...lol ...Kings speech etc-genious
Diana Dors- very underrated-genious
Miranda Richardson- genious
Sir Dicky Attenborough-genious
Denholm Elliot- genious
Helen Mirren- genious
Dame Judi Dench-genious
Anthony Andrews
Robert Redford
Paul Newman
Robert Mitchum
John Wayne
Richard Widmark
Groucho Marx
Gloria Swanson
Mary Pickford
Doug Fairbanks
Humphrey Bogart
Lauren Bacall
John Travolta
Jeez...I could go on and on......sorry can't do top 5!

How can one quantify good acting

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
and all the above my friends have posted.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
and while im at it here is my Honorable mention and could easily replace just about any of the actors on my list.

Christian Bale- he has done some amazing movies, American Psycho, the Prestige,

Ryan Gosling- The United States of Leland- and many others even the ones i shouldn't admit too .... lol

Harrison Ford- star wars, indiana jones- and many others i think he missed this list due to a little move called Six Days Seven Nights.... why Han why...lol

Ben Affleck- Glory daze- also left off due to some terrible movie choices see GIGLI and Reindeer games...

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
5) Toshiro Mifune - Yojimbo: No one does bad@%$ lonewolf like Mifune. Eastwood is very, very close but Mifune did it first.

4) Eric Bana - Chopper: Never has a psychopathic criminal been made to seem so loveable.

3) Ines Efron - Amorosa Soledad: From neurotic little girl to confident independent young woman. This is the anti-romantic comedy and Ines plays the part perfectly.

2) Thomas Turgoose - This is England: At 14 he was acting circles around actors twice, even three times his age. The part of Shaun seems to fit him like a glove.

1) James Coburn - Hell is for Heroes: Calm, cool, and collected. Give him a wrench and he'll win the war on his own. Sure Steve McQueen had the cool ladykiller factor going for him. But Coburn played the guy I wanted to grow up to be: modest, coolheaded and resourceful.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Great choices all Windword! "As Good as it Gets" is in one of my favorites!!

I noticed you listed Juliette Lewis and Brad Pitt...great actors both, but I believe thier finest work was featured in the movie "Kalifornia".

Thanks for reminding me ....gonna have to pop that into the DVD player tonight!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Oh man! I forgot about Gary Oldman!! True Romance, The Professional, JFK, the Fifth Element....How did I forget him?? I still quote those movies to this day!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Tom Hanks Castaway, Saving Private Ryan, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump
Robert Duvall Lonesome Dove, Open Range, The Godfather
Will Smith MIB, I Am Legend, Ali
Willam Dafoe Platoon, Boondock Saints, Clear And Present Danger
Matt Damon Rounders, Bourne series, Good Will Hunting

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
1.Christopher Lee-A Dracula movie,can't remember which one.
2.Peter Stormare-Fargo
3.Tim Roth-reservoir dogs
4.Christopher Walken-The prophecy
5.Thomas Kretchmann-In enemy hands

I have a huge list of favourite actors,but they are the ones i can think right now.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hard to do, mostly because I like different actors and actresses for different reasons...

I mean, some actresses I like because they are just so sexy...

Elizabeth Hurley - I could listen and watch this woman read the phonebook and still be entertained.
There are actually a LOT in this category...

Some actors, I just like them for their personality...

Kurt Russell, Harrison Ford - pretty much play themselves in everything, but I like them...so I'm entertained.

Then, there are those who simply really take on a role, and become that person...

Tom Cruise - don't like him personally, but he's a great actor, if you really look at his roles, and how he becomes convincingly someone different.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Johnny Depp - the greatest actor in my generation, everything he's ever done except charlie and the chocolate factory.

Wilem Dafoe, I'll just add english patient and shadow of the vampire.

Lili taylor - dogfight.

Robert downey junior, everything except ironman. " I don't read the script, the script reads me"

Robert deniro, with a beard. ie the mission, angelheart.

Geena Davis, the long kiss goodnight made me realize this. Her movies choices are sometimes iffy, but she delivers a good performance in even the crappiest set up. Transylvania 6-500 for example.

These are just off the top of my head, I may add more later.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Al Pacino - Godfather, Heat
Michael Caine - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Second Hand Lions
Marlon Brando - Godfather, Apocalypse Now
James Caan - Godfather, The Thief
Robert DeNiro - Godfather Part II, Goodfellas, Heat
Robert Duvall - Second Hand Lions, Godfather, Lonesome Dove
Clint Eastwood - various westerns, Dirty Harry
Leonardo diCaprio - started liking him for Blood Diamond
Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, - Grumpy Old Men
Burgess Meredith - Rocky, Grumpy Old Men

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Bruce Campbell - Evil Dead 2 (great underrated actor, great at comedy and serious roles)

Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight (honestly never rated him before but that movie.....he was just...wow)

Bill Murray - Ghostbusters (awesome improvisational actor, way too many iconic roles makes him super cool)

Will Ferrell - Elf (didn't think I'd like it till I saw it, then he came out with Anchorman, two of my three most quoted movies ever, the third being Commando with Schwarzenegger)

Robert Downey Jr - Chaplin (amazing how he put his negativity behind him to bounce back so successfully, he's the perfect guy for Tony Stark and he was one of the trio who made Tropic Thunder so awesome along with Tom Cruise and Danny McBride)

Angelina Jolie - Girl, Interrupted (great actress, started off in the same "kooky girl" roles as Christina Ricci but ended up managing to become way more successful somehow)

Honourable mentions to Sean Bean, Nicolas Cage, Robin Williams, Sir Patrick Stewart, John Hurt (truly a master at his art) and Dame Maggie Smith
edit on 27/9/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sean Connery in Zardoz

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Bruce Campbell could of been an A- list actor if he had wanted to be, I think he chose his roles by how much he liked the part not on how well the movie/ tv show would really do. That is my opinion though.

Ash: What are you? Are you me?
Evil Ash: Whad are do? Are do be? HAHAHAHAHAH! You sound like a jerk!
Ash: Why ya doin' this, huh?
Evil Ash: Oh, you wanna know? 'Cause the answer's easy! I'm BAD Ash... and you're GOOD Ash! You're a goody little two-shoes! Little goody two-shoes! Little goody two-shoes!
[begins to sucker-punch Ash]
Evil Ash: Goody little TWO-SHOES! Goody little TWO-SHOES! HEHEHEHEHE!
[honk honk honk]
Evil Ash: GOODY LITTLE TWO-SHOES! GOODY LITTLE...
Ash: [cocks shotgun and points it under Evil Ash's nose]
[nods head and shoots him]
Ash: Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun

edit on 27-9-2011 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I watched zardozl, I have flashbacks to this day of the final scene with apathetic immortals running around screaming..."no kill me first!"

I forgot to add Garey Oldman earlier. I am amazed at his roles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join