Great thread but what a hard question. How do I pick only 5?
1. Sol Kyung-gu (Korean) - movies Peppermint Candy & Oasis. Every emotion from crying like a baby to pure evil from 1 man in 1 movie makes him
world's top actor. And he goes from middle aged to young man with no special effects or special make-up and it was perfect. I think he's a
2. Bette Davis - All about Eve - brilliant. Now Voyager - fantastic & every other movie she was in, she made it. Magic!
3. Choi Min-sik (Korean) - movies Oldboy, Failan, I Saw The Devil. Brilliant. When he's being evil this guy can make you shat your pants through the
4. Gary Oldman - Meantime (1983) First time I saw him and I knew he was gonna be huge. Problem with this guy is they aren't giving him enough
quality roles. He's magic.
5. Ummmm... I'll go for Joan Crawford - Mildred Pierce and Queen Bee. Like the others I picked she oozes charisma. To me that means you look at her
on screen and nobody else.
Damn, I'm at 5 already. I must have more.
Guy Pearce - was in a soap called Neighbours. Hardly noticed him till he played a dandy cad in the Count of Monte Christo, then was excellent in
Memento and LA Confidential. Brilliant.
Toby Jones - Give him some good roles like he had playing Truman Capote in Infamous and he'll blow us away.
Juliette Lewis - Natural Born Killers, Cape Fear. So good she's insane.
Ryu Seung-beom (Korean) - The Unjust, Crying Fist. Brilliant actor. Another chameleon.
Won Bin (korean) - Mother, Brotherhood, The Man From Nowhere. Very, very pretty young man but he can flipping act alongside the greatest.
Robert DeNiro - Been said already.
Russell Crowe - ditto
Kevin Spacey never fails to impress. LA Confidential and American Beauty.
Tim Roth - Meantime (1983) same as I said about Gary Oldman.
Just a shame Phil Daniels didn't go HUGE like they did because he was the star of that movie, and Quadrophenia. Cocky little git.
Al Pacino - did I mention my son looks like him? lol
Edit to add - every one TodoMedio mentioned >>>reply to post by
How could I forget Mr Phoenix. My god, that performance in Gladiator is one of the greatest of all time.
edit on 10-10-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)